ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting for more than 2 months? Come in please

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Blackhole

Waiting for more than 2 months? Come in please

Post by Blackhole » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:15 pm

Hello all

I have done a quick scan , and those who i find who they have applied more than 2 months ago; and yet to receive a response:

nazgems,HANDYMAN,cricinfo, thakshak, tunjy, vic_fan, ILR.2010,days

personally I have applied on 8th Nov which is 3 months and 5 days, though nothing is happening yet!!
called them more than 7 times, and always unreliable and unreliable answers
very very annoying :-(

Any one out there who is waiting that long?
what about when you call them?
any updates?

lets share our thoughts in here

welcome to the club!!!

John

Post by John » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:32 pm

Such delays are not uncommon. You need to be more patient.

Looking at the historical record a 3 month delay is nothing. When my wife applied 8 years ago the average wait for Naturalisation was over 6 months, and further back it was much longer than that.
John

AlexS

Post by AlexS » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:37 pm

Yes, I applied on November 26th and still waiting.
However, I'm not desperate, I knew from the start that it can take up to 6 months.

Only thing I would like is they were more consistent, I mean they take more or less the same for everyone, so if we know (from this board) how long is currently taking to approve an application, we'd know what to expect.
-----
Alex

Petana

Post by Petana » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:31 pm

My husband sent his application 29/7/2011 and received answer back last week Friday 10/2/2012 so well over 6 months... :roll: Hopefully you wont have to wait that long.

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:18 am

AlexS wrote:, so if we know (from this board) how long is currently taking to approve an application, we'd know what to expect.
Alex S

If you do a quick scan and simple calculation from this board at least from Aug - Feb you will reach a result that the average waiting time for the people who registered on here is about 65 Days

just add th times on the sheet and devide on the number of applicatnts

Simply 90days is more than average, though cant deny that some unlucky people like Sam-london took him 9 months to get approved
while others got it within 4weeks time

so?!!!!!

AlexS

Post by AlexS » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:49 pm

What I mean, the bad thing about this is the inconsistency.

Some people was approved in 30 days, while for some others it took up to 9 months (although I think Sam-london case was probably a misplacement of papers or something like that).
And it doesn't seem like the longer taking applications are much more complicated that the quick ones. Seems like a totally random thing.
-----
Alex

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:50 pm

I applied on 8th of November as well and still waiting. In first 2 and half months I was relaxed but now I am quite desperate especailly after seeing some people have already got approvals who applied 2 - 3 weeks after me. I don't mind waiting but wait has to be consistent for everyone. At the end of the time it's not in my hand so still waiting patiencely.

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:42 pm

Cricinfo

Agree with you completely; what adds to the chaos is what a memeber like nazgems who reported calling them and been told decision was made; next day when he called again was told still in the Q

Also a friend of mine applid with me at the same day on 8th Nov

he got his approval on 14th Dec; WHILE I am still waiting and again each time I call just hear variable answers from them!!

guess I have to be more patient, but Can I?

Sam_London

Post by Sam_London » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:50 am

Wow, I waited for 9 months before getting my approval. I started to worry in my fifth/sixth month. Two to three months is nothing. You guys need to be more patient. Good luck to you all :)

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:40 pm

Sam_London wrote:Wow, I waited for 9 months before getting my approval. I started to worry in my fifth/sixth month. Two to three months is nothing. You guys need to be more patient. Good luck to you all :)
Hi Sam_London

have you ever found out from HO why it took that long?
I mean any explenation was given?
was your application straight forward one? any convictions? ....etc

All the best

Sam_London

Post by Sam_London » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:14 pm

As straight forward as it gets. They never said why or what checks are being done even when my MP himself called them. It does really take months so be patient and set your expectations right. In Canada, it takes 18 months. We're lucky that its circa 6 months here.