ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Visa Extension - Multiple Income Source

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

preethi.manoharan
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Visa Extension - Multiple Income Source

Post by preethi.manoharan » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:45 pm

Hello,

I am due for my extension end of this year, and have multiple sources of income to present. I would like to know if registering as a self-employed in HMRC is better or if registering as a business is better?

MB243

Post by MB243 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:19 pm

depends on the nature of business & how much you are turning over really

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:28 am

Best consider this in two stages:

1 - if you already have these multiple income streams coming in and you are carrying on a trade or trades then register as being self employed with HMRC as soon as is practicable.

2 - for the future it really depends on many factors as MB243 says above. It's ultimately a decision that can only be made by the individual concerned. All I would say is don't necessarily make any decision based solely on whether you can save tax as there are other factors. Also do your research first.

This is a good place to start: http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/ac ... 1073858805
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 Visa Extension - Multiple Income Source

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:51 pm

preethi.manoharan wrote:Hello,

I am due for my extension end of this year, and have multiple sources of income to present. I would like to know if registering as a self-employed in HMRC is better or if registering as a business is better?

IF ur receiveing income in personal a/c or personal business a/c need to register with HMRC as sole trader

if u have ltd company than hmrc will sent u utr of ltd company.