ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:20 pm

Hay Oscar

Big Congratulations mate :)

finally you are very much relaxed now

wish all the best with the rest of your journey

hopefully me and cricinfo and all others who applied more than 3 months ago will hear from HO soon,

fingers croseed

oscar22

Post by oscar22 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:33 pm

Blackhole wrote:Hay Oscar

Big Congratulations mate :)

finally you are very much relaxed now

wish all the best with the rest of your journey

hopefully me and cricinfo and all others who applied more than 3 months ago will hear from HO soon,

fingers croseed
Thanks Blackhole, I am over the moon :D :D :D :D. I am very sure you will get approval soon.

cherryplum

Post by cherryplum » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:37 pm

Just had my citizenship ceremony -it was a lovely occassion - they really made it a big deal - which it is! Good luck to all of you still waiting

oscar22

Post by oscar22 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:47 pm

cherryplum wrote:Just had my citizenship ceremony -it was a lovely occassion - they really made it a big deal - which it is! Good luck to all of you still waiting
Big Congratulations to you cherryplum on becoming BC 8) 8)

Congratulations MeeMee,DEVONIAN and newdawn ..... :wink: :wink: on your approvals.

HANDYMAN your approval will soon arrive. Blackhole and cricinfo any news today?

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:05 pm

Still no news my friend

Started to get into my nervous already

Didn't call them though as feeling very frustrated :cry:

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:27 am

Still waiting :( :( :( :(

oscar22

Post by oscar22 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:09 pm

Blackhole and cricinfo, I know HO really tests people patience but don't worry, you will get positive response when you least expect them. If you made application by post, ask for your documents back (that’s how I did it) and they will be forced to retrieve you files from whenever they have kept them.

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:36 pm

Oscar22

Thanks for your nice comments

unfortunatly I have applied through NCS so I cant request any documents back simply because all of them are copies

you are right we have to sit back and wait; it is painful but thats the only option we do have

so from now on I will be stopping expecting them and I will try to go with my normal life

then this way they might come next day :) :) :)

mrworld9

Post by mrworld9 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:10 pm

Blackhole
I quite understand your position. In as much as we can't do anything but wait until the final verdict arrives at our doorstep, the undeniable truth is that the anxiety that comes with the waiting game is second to none.
As easy as it sounds, it's just not possible to completely take off your mind and pretend you aren't bothered....maybe it's just me anyway.
I have noticed they have started attending to December applications and hopefully, it will soon be our turn.
Keep waiting and believing!!
Life is a journey.........

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:47 am

Today i received two brown envelopes in the post. In one envelope there was the biggest news of my life about the success of my Naturaliztion application (latter was dated 08/02/2012).

The other envelope was from Luton Registrar about the citizenship appointment which is on 06/03/2012. I am surprised to see this envelope as on the form i did request them that i want to have my citizenship ceremony in Bedford (Central Bedfordshire Council) but they have sent my documentation in Luton Borough Council where i live. I am so happy today that i think i can forgive them for their mistake. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wish you all the best of luck to all who are waiting especially Blackhole

rashidawan
Newly Registered

Citizenship Certificate

Post by rashidawan » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:23 am

Hi,

I am in the middle filling in my passport application and the ceremony is due next week. I am planning to submit my passport application as soon as I finish the ceremony.

I received two letters from UKBA on the application approval one about the confirmation of the approval of my application and second about the ceremony.

In the passport application, they are asking for Naturalisation Certificate. Now, I am not sure have I received that certificate already or I will receive it after the ceremony.

Thanks,

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:35 am

Cricinfo

A big congratulation my friend

That's really good news as your journey almost over

From my side no news yet, and as I decided a week ago I never contact them again and I will not

The fact that we have applied the same day you and me is giving me a bit of hope that my Doc will be received shortly.

Again congratulation and wish you all the best to come

oscar22

Re: Citizenship Certificate

Post by oscar22 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:46 am

rashidawan wrote:Hi,

I am in the middle filling in my passport application and the ceremony is due next week. I am planning to submit my passport application as soon as I finish the ceremony.

I received two letters from UKBA on the application approval one about the confirmation of the approval of my application and second about the ceremony.

In the passport application, they are asking for Naturalisation Certificate. Now, I am not sure have I received that certificate already or I will receive it after the ceremony.

Thanks,

You will get your Naturalisation Certificate AFTER making the Oath of allegiance or Affirmation of allegiance. :roll:

oscar22

Post by oscar22 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:49 am

cricinfo wrote:Today i received two brown envelopes in the post. In one envelope there was the biggest news of my life about the success of my Naturaliztion application (latter was dated 08/02/2012).

The other envelope was from Luton Registrar about the citizenship appointment which is on 06/03/2012. I am surprised to see this envelope as on the form i did request them that i want to have my citizenship ceremony in Bedford (Central Bedfordshire Council) but they have sent my documentation in Luton Borough Council where i live. I am so happy today that i think i can forgive them for their mistake. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wish you all the best of luck to all who are waiting especially Blackhole
Congratulations cricinfo. :lol: :lol: :lol: Good news have made you forgive HO for sending documents to wrong place :!: . I see you and I will be BC near the same time. My Ceremony is on 1/3/2011. Enjoy the day to the fullest. :D :D :D

Blackhole, I am sure your approval will soon arrive.

sichuantoufu
Newly Registered

Post by sichuantoufu » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:37 pm

Congratutions cricinfo! I received a brown envelope too this morning. As happy as I can be, I opened it as once and found out it's the eyebrow shaper I ordered from ebay :cry: I hope the real brown envelope I am expecting comes next week (better on Monday :D )! Also hope it happens soon for blackhole and mrworld9 and all the others who have been waiting...

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:15 pm

Thanks Blackhole, oscar22 and sichuantoufu.

I really hope and pray for Blackhole, sichuantoufu and all other who are waiting that get positive respose soon. I know how tough it is, to wait.

I never called HO for any update and don't think it's any worth calling them as they never give you correct information which makes you even more tense so best is just to live your normal life.

HANDYMAN
Newly Registered

Post by HANDYMAN » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:08 am

I applied 11th Nov, not that much worried but not happy getting behind average waiting time! I was tempted to call, but as I gathered there is not much clear answer from that end.

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:36 am

Handyman

I have applied 3 days before you still NOTHING; and from what i see in here that 90% of people who applied at the same time with us have got a response.

I was worry all times and anxiously waiting and waiting; just recently have learnt that this is not helping me at all

The fact that all what I can do is just WAIT is making me realize that i have to be more patient and sit back and relax.

Dont bother calling them as it is just wasting of time

the positive thing is 98.5% off ALL applications have been approved
so, just wait my friend eventually you will hear from them
it is just matter of time.

so enjoy the life you having and dont let this matter drag you to a bad mood :)

Good luck

Eastender14
- thin ice -

Post by Eastender14 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:18 pm

Blackhole wrote:Handyman

I have applied 3 days before you still NOTHING; and from what i see in here that 90% of people who applied at the same time with us have got a response.

I was worry all times and anxiously waiting and waiting; just recently have learnt that this is not helping me at all

The fact that all what I can do is just WAIT is making me realize that i have to be more patient and sit back and relax.

Dont bother calling them as it is just wasting of time

the positive thing is 98.5% off ALL applications have been approved
so, just wait my friend eventually you will hear from them
it is just matter of time.

so enjoy the life you having and dont let this matter drag you to a bad mood :)

Good luck
Who knows, maybe they got quotas and once they've reached it, they just delay things till next batch.

HANDYMAN
Newly Registered

Post by HANDYMAN » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:03 am

Blackhole

You know, honestly I am not worried about outcome, but must say I am annoyed to see loads of others who applied in Dec got respond but I am still waiting.
You are right, it is better lay back and get on with life, I have tried it, but the fact is whenever I come back home evening time, guess what is the first thing comes in mind?! Yes good guess

Good luck

Handyman

HANDYMAN
Newly Registered

Post by HANDYMAN » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:57 pm

Another day :evil:.
Are we last November men standing :?: :!: :roll:

sichuantoufu
Newly Registered

Post by sichuantoufu » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:45 pm

Count a November woman in. I applied on 29 Nov...

HANDYMAN
Newly Registered

Post by HANDYMAN » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:14 am

Sichuantoufu

Welcome to Nov club! I think not much of our tribe left! we are last ones!

Farzin
:lol:

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:49 am

sichuantoufu, Handyman

to add to the unconsistency pattern.

I have helped a columbian girl on 11th of January to fill her appication

she has sent it by post the same day and was received two days later

Guess what??????

Exactly, spot on!!!!!!!

she phoned me ten minutes ago to tell me that her approval arrived this morning

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!!!!!

dont get me wrong in here; I am happy for her BUT what about us who applied on NOV Or others who even applied on SEP & OCT?

IS IT FAIR?????????
:( :( :(

mrworld9

Post by mrworld9 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:39 pm

Guys, I got my approval today surprisingly and I am so excited. The letter says I should NOT contact local council until I received the invitation letter. I know some people do book for ceremony immediately after approval. Can I call local council to check if they have my details already and can book ceremony for me?

Goodluck to all those still waiting blackhole and handyman in particular. I can feel your pains as regards the inconsistency. I bet you guys won't have to wait for much longer before it arrives.
Life is a journey.........