ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR on combination of WP and Tier 1 General

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mkashifanwar
Newly Registered

ILR on combination of WP and Tier 1 General

Post by mkashifanwar » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:43 pm

Hi Moderotors

I am going to ask the similar question which might have already been asked in different posts but reading those few of those I become a little bit confused. (thought it is better to ask again to calrify queries for few people)

I am going to apply ILR next month on combination of Tier 1 (3 yrs) and WP(2yrs from 2007 to 2009).

In that scenario what documentary evidence we need to submit to cover the WP period (other than P60 and normal employer letter).

Do we need to provide the SOC code and income criteria for WP , or it would not metter for us whether amount we were earning while on WP.

Also in forums some people say their WP approval letter mention what salary they should be earning, but my WP approval letter does not say anything about salary (why it is so or is this any problem ? ).

Please provide your expert opinion.

Regards,
Kashif

mkashifanwar
Newly Registered

Post by mkashifanwar » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:19 pm

Any thoughts please

mkashifanwar
Newly Registered

Post by mkashifanwar » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:42 pm

:cry: no response yet

*FC*
Member of Standing

Re: ILR on combination of WP and Tier 1 General

Post by *FC* » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:28 am

mkashifanwar wrote:Hi Moderotors

I am going to ask the similar question which might have already been asked in different posts but reading those few of those I become a little bit confused. (thought it is better to ask again to calrify queries for few people)

I am going to apply ILR next month on combination of Tier 1 (3 yrs) and WP(2yrs from 2007 to 2009).

In that scenario what documentary evidence we need to submit to cover the WP period (other than P60 and normal employer letter).

Do we need to provide the SOC code and income criteria for WP , or it would not metter for us whether amount we were earning while on WP.

Also in forums some people say their WP approval letter mention what salary they should be earning, but my WP approval letter does not say anything about salary (why it is so or is this any problem ? ).

Regards,
Kashif
Hi Kashif,

Normally the salary will be present on the Work Permit. But I dont see a reason why you should worry about he absence of Salary information on your WP, since it is a document issued by the UKBA and they should know it better. :)

I will soon be applying for my ILR and I am in a similar situation as yours (1 yr WP + 4 yrs Tier 1). I am planning to carry the following documents:

1. Last 12 months Salary slips
2. Last 12 months bank statements
3. P60s over the previous years
4. Letter from HMRC providing my tax history
5. Letter from current employer
6. Ofcourse the WP letter, Tier 1 approval and extension letters

As far as I know and from what I understand (after going through the guidance), all they want is bank statements and Salary slips and your absences from the UK. :)
I am sure they will have your entire immigration history on their systems if they wanted to check!

FC

m.j

Re: ILR on combination of WP and Tier 1 General

Post by m.j » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:24 pm

mkashifanwar wrote:Hi Moderotors

Regards,
Kashif
Hi

I had received an ILR in the similar situation. For the period under WP, P60 and employer letter should be good enough.
You can also include the original Work Permit Letter issued by the Home Office.
Another proof (just as a supporting evidence), you can request the Tax records from HMRC for that period.