ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice required

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cricinfo

Advice required

Post by cricinfo » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:54 pm

Recently i read a topic in which people gave their opinion about which organization you need to advise after becoming BC. What i gathered from that thread was that we only need to register for electoral after becoming BC and don't need to advise any other organization. As in my case i am already registered for electoral as i am from a common wealth country so i don't need to worry about that but i am still unsure about if it is worth advising financial organizations like banks and credit card companies about the change as when they do risk assesment, they do consider nationality of applicant. Any idea ?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:17 pm

That thread ended up with disagreement so not sure it will different now.

Why not call them and ask if by becoming British your risk profile changes and what the implications are?

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:18 am

I will perhaps ask all the financial organizations to update their record as i some time find it dificult to get any sort of credit even though i have full time permanent good job so i guess this could be the reason why i find it difficult.