ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs cases

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jaskiratbaweja

ILR PEO deferred Apps - Further checks/Additional docs cases

Post by jaskiratbaweja » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:03 pm

Since we often have PEO cases deferred. Let's make this a thread similar to Postal SET(O) timelines and help people waiting to hear back. I have gone through the anxious waiting and having inputs and information from other members on the forum has been really helpful for me. My application was successful after it was deferred.

Application Timeline -

Applied at PEO : 21/02/2012

Additional
Documentation
received at PEO : 28/02/2012

ILR Stamped: 04/03/2012

Passport mailed
by 2nd Class
recorded
signed for
Delivery: 15/03/2012

Passports
received on : 17/03/2012

Details below:

Hi Forum members,

Need your help and advice. I went to Croydon for my ILR today 21/02/2012 (Tier1 +HSMP). My application has not been granted today and the caseworker requested for more documents from my previous employer regarding Business travel for that employer. Also note none of this travel was to my domiciled country. All Business travel was to other countries rather than my home country.

My total business absences are 216 and personal absences are 179. Even though I had a letter from my previous employer saying that I was employed with them and was required to travel for Business consulting engagements and pervious employer had listed the trips I made for Business.

The letter they have given me says .

Provide a letter from your previous employer explaining : -

1) Why you were required to travel for Business?
2) What was your job role when you were on a business trip?

She said all other criterion are fine and did not ask for any other documentation apart from the documents provided.

Does anybody have experience of a similar situation? What do you people recommend.

I will contact my previous employer and ask them for a detailed letter. Lets hope UKBA accepts this.

If they refuse my application, what are the options? My visa expire mid march. Can I extend my Tier 1?

**************************************************************************************************************************

Update I received my ILRs on 17th March 2012 after submitting a detailed employer letter about absences. I have put the employer letter format on
google doscs for everybody's reference . All the Best

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-WZp0 ... MGNibEFHQQ
Last edited by jaskiratbaweja on Wed May 16, 2012 11:13 pm, edited 8 times in total.

ranga_12345

Post by ranga_12345 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:18 pm

Hi jaskiratbaweja,

I my case is similar to your only thing is my appointment with home office is tomorrow and my Tier 1 visa expries March end. I have tried to find out the answer to what happend if they reject the ILR after my current visa is expired. According to my understanding if the ILR gets rejected then you will be provided option to appeal but I am not sure about whether you will be able to extend the T1 or not. I did consult an solicitor and he suggested this will depend on the rejection reason.

I have appointment at cryodon tomorrow , could you please let me know
1. When did you first entered UK?
2. Did you had any absence of more than 90 days ?
3. Were you paid in UK while you were out of country ? Did the caseworked asked the payslip for that period.

Your answere will help me a lot for my appointment

Regards,
Ranga

pkp
Newly Registered

Post by pkp » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:27 pm

Hi , I am same as you applied on the 10th and requested for previous employer which I submitted last Wed and still waiting for my passport .

Can any one advice the turn around time for Croydon PEO if requested for additional docs.
Thanks
PK

jaskiratbaweja

Post by jaskiratbaweja » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:14 pm

Hi Ranga,

For this application My entry was Mar 2007
No absence of more than 90 days
I was paid in UK. The case worker did not want to see the payslips

They want to see reason why your Business trips were essential

jaskiratbaweja

Post by jaskiratbaweja » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:19 pm

@PK What did the case worker say to you? Any specific reason for your case? Did the case worker say that your application is being forwarded to the refusal team?

pkp
Newly Registered

Post by pkp » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:53 pm

Hi jaskiratbaweja, Applied through solicitor ,HO requested for additional doc confirming business travel from previous employer.

I dont have a clue where is my passport and when can I receive it do you have any idea how long will it take to receive the passport back and what is the process if you are requested for additional docs.

Thanks,

PK

jaskiratbaweja

Post by jaskiratbaweja » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:21 pm

The passport is kept in the Croydon PEO and you are supposed to post the additional document to PEO within 14 days. They provide a label with the reference number so that they can link up the additional documents with your application. Passports and all original documents you provide are kept at the PEO.

These are considered by senior case worker or chief case worker who then decides on the outcome of your application which is then posted back to you.

That is what I understand of the process so far.

Fingers crossed, hope they are satisfied by additional evidence provided and grant us ILR.

Keep strong.

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:35 am

jaskiratbaweja wrote:@PK What did the case worker say to you? Any specific reason for your case? Did the case worker say that your application is being forwarded to the refusal team?

what is refusal team >>> never heard of them.

jaskiratbaweja

Post by jaskiratbaweja » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:30 am

Probably the team that considers the applications that have not been approved by the caseworker once the additional detail requested from an applicant has been received.

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:38 pm

jaskiratbaweja wrote:Probably the team that considers the applications that have not been approved by the caseworker once the additional detail requested from an applicant has been received.

hmmm make sence......

i was thinking how many people sit in office

cheif officer, senior case worker, normal case worker etc then this refusal team ......

jaskiratbaweja

Post by jaskiratbaweja » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:32 pm

I do remember hearing the words Senior Case worker and chief case worker as being related of this team.

ranga_12345

Post by ranga_12345 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:54 pm

Thanks jaskiratbaweja for the info. Today I had been Croydon office for my ILR and the case worker said that she cannot make the decision and referred to senior case worker. I had 2 absence of more than 90 days both work related. Had a letter from employer and also I had applied 7 monts late. I was eligible in July 2011 but delayed ILR application to componsate for the days outside UK. She didnt not buy that and said that wont make any difference to my case

When asked about the timeline, she said it she cannot confirm but usually they will come back within 3 weeks.

My Tier 1 application expires on 29th March. To the question if I will able to extend my Tier 1 if they reject ILR after my current Tier 1 visa is expired, she said that I must apply for extension before current Tier1 expires to be on the safer side. Sometimes , the senior case worker might allow for appeal and it all depends on the nature of appeal. ( not sure what it means).

I wanted to withdraw the application their itself as I dont wanted to risk my tier 1 extension. She said that I can withdraw the application at any time and it may be good to wait for couple of weeks. (I am sure they will not process with in two weeks).

Does any one know how much time it will take to get the documents form the day of withdrawal ?

Now really getting worried.

Regards,
Ranga

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:05 pm

ranga_12345 wrote:Thanks jaskiratbaweja for the info. Today I had been Croydon office for my ILR and the case worker said that she cannot make the decision and referred to senior case worker. I had 2 absence of more than 90 days both work related. Had a letter from employer and also I had applied 7 monts late. I was eligible in July 2011 but delayed ILR application to componsate for the days outside UK. She didnt not buy that and said that wont make any difference to my case

When asked about the timeline, she said it she cannot confirm but usually they will come back within 3 weeks.

My Tier 1 application expires on 29th March. To the question if I will able to extend my Tier 1 if they reject ILR after my current Tier 1 visa is expired, she said that I must apply for extension before current Tier1 expires to be on the safer side. Sometimes , the senior case worker might allow for appeal and it all depends on the nature of appeal. ( not sure what it means).

I wanted to withdraw the application their itself as I dont wanted to risk my tier 1 extension. She said that I can withdraw the application at any time and it may be good to wait for couple of weeks. (I am sure they will not process with in two weeks).

Does any one know how much time it will take to get the documents form the day of withdrawal ?

Now really getting worried.

Regards,
Ranga

well you can talk to solicitor and i think you can send covering letter and say you dont want ILR extend my visa as tier 1. They already have your documents just send flm form with covering letter. i hope it work this way.

well there is no time line that when they will send your docs back . They sent in 1 week time for my friend not sure about others.

If you have all your documents and evidences are strong and they will contact your employer to clearify absences.
I am positive you will get it.

pkp
Newly Registered

Post by pkp » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:01 pm

Hi Ranga,

We all sailing in the same boat , is this 3 week turnaround time from the date of receiving the additional docs ?

Thanks,

PK

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:03 pm

there is no known turn-around time for applications that were not approved at the PEO.
In best case it's couple of days but may be up to couple of weeks / months depending on the nature and content of the supporting documentation.
my wifes application was put on hold because she didn't provide P60/45s from her WP employment period - later ILR was stamped within 4 days on receipt of the P60s. However I have seen cases where wait periods were around 2-3 month.

tdoubleoni14

Post by tdoubleoni14 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:57 pm

yep, true that!!!

been waiting for over 10weeks since submitting additional information...

How much longer? Surely the UKBA are not a law onto themselves....

generic123

Post by generic123 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:51 pm

Am sailing on the same boat, applied same day service 5 weeks ago through a solicitor. Provided all additional docs they requested 10 days ago, no response yet. My visa is going to expire on 12th march, can someone suggest if I should withdraw the application now and go for extension? Shall I go for Pr again immediately, am going through lot of mental tension from last few weeks :(

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:41 pm

please us what additional documents they have requested ????/

so that I will take each n every documents which they require..

please list them.. thanks !!!!

generic123

Post by generic123 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:47 pm

Following is the list what they asked me

P&l statement for my limited company
Letter from accountant confirming my earnings with my ltd company

Letter from icaew confirming my accountant is registered with their institution

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:02 am

generic123 wrote:Following is the list what they asked me

thanks for the reply....

this is requirement. y u didnt submit this letter ???

from where i can get this or do i need to ask my accountant ?? this is nothing related to UKBA... .they r lazy they should confirm by their self

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:03 am

tdoubleoni14 wrote:yep, true that!!!

been waiting for over 10weeks since submitting additional information...

How much longer? Surely the UKBA are not a law onto themselves....
can you please list the additional docs requested.. thxx

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:06 am

pkp wrote:Hi Ranga,

We all sailing in the same boat , is this 3 week turnaround time from the date of receiving the additional docs ?

Thanks,

PK
plz list the docs requested thx

generic123

Post by generic123 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:06 am

Following is the list what they asked me

thanks for the reply....

I did submit initially with no Reg no added to the signature of the accountant, was asked to send another one with Reg no on it.

from where i can get this or do i need to ask my accountant ?? this is nothing related to UKBA... .they r lazy they should confirm by their self

You can speak to ur accountant and icaew to arrange for the letter, it takes 7-10 working days to have it ready

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:08 am

generic123 wrote:Following is the list what they asked me

thanks for the reply....

I did submit initially with no Reg no added to the signature of the accountant, was asked to send another one with Reg no on it.

You can speak to ur accountant and icaew to arrange for the letter, it takes 7-10 working days to have it ready
thanks for the quick response...i will ask accountant to do that.... but they didnt ask me on tier 1 extension.. they r stupid

generic123

Post by generic123 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:09 am

Can everyone please share their timelines experience @ http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=96530 for the delayed same day Ilr applications