ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

masum
Newly Registered

Post by masum » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:44 am

Congratulation Punjab. It was a quick one. Cheers

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:57 am

Dear All

Many thanks for your wishes and Sincere thanks for your help in solving mine and everyone's questions.

Take care and Best Wishes

melcu

Post by melcu » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:57 am

Jambo wrote:
What did the HO say? I would be very surprised if they advised you any thing else than what I said.
UKBA website wrote: If you are an EEA or Swiss national, you can apply for a registration certificate. This is a document which confirms your right of residence in the UK under European law.

When you have lived in the UK for a continuous period of 5 years in accordance with the European regulations, you can apply for a document certifying permanent residence.
There is no need to quote the definition of exercising treaty rights in the cover letter, the HO know it. Just fill it the relevant forms, attached the required documents and send it today if you wish.
Thanks, that is very clear for me. It seems HO phone consultant wasn't carefully listening us, she said you have to wait until 5 years of residency will be completed. We supposed she meant the expiry date, because we clearly told her that we are married for 8 years and here in UK since 2005.

melcu

Post by melcu » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:59 am

Punjab wrote:
Hi Melcu Jambo is 101% right. My RC ( EEA2) which is valid for 5 yrs is expiring in Nov 2013 but I completed 5 yrs in my marriage last year in December 2011 and I sent my passport to HO in Jan 2012 and I got Pr yesterday. They didn't cancel my old EEA2 or write anything on it and issue a new document (sticker) valid for 10 yrs on the back page. So feel free to apply for the documents
Thanks, congratulations on you PR card!

Punjab
BANNED

Re: Got It

Post by Punjab » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:00 pm

[quote="pinkpanter"

Congratulation Punjab.... Did you called to HO ???[/quote]

Hiya pinkpanter I didn’t call HO. I think my case was clear or straight forward. I too am surprice to get response in 40 days.

I also include the papers from all the volunteer work I am doing..

pinkpanter

Re: Got It

Post by pinkpanter » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:19 am

Punjab wrote:[quote="pinkpanter"

Congratulation Punjab.... Did you called to HO ???
Hiya pinkpanter I didn’t call HO. I think my case was clear or straight forward. I too am surprice to get response in 40 days.

I also include the papers from all the volunteer work I am doing..[/quote]

Thanks Punjab! and best wishes..:) :wink:

cabarete

Post by cabarete » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:49 am

my time line:

EEA4 SENT --- 15 nov 2011

RECEIVED BY HO -- 16 nov 2011

COA RECEIVED -- 1 dec 11

EEA4 STATUS.----Received on 23 feb 12 issued on 9 feb 12 valid until 9 feb 22

Total Time taken: 3 months

a good thing since i need to travel soon so great to have my passport back.

good luck everyone

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:22 am

cabarete wrote:my time line:

EEA4 SENT --- 15 nov 2011

RECEIVED BY HO -- 16 nov 2011

COA RECEIVED -- 1 dec 11

EEA4 STATUS.----Received on 23 feb 12 issued on 9 feb 12 valid until 9 feb 22

Total Time taken: 3 months

a good thing since i need to travel soon so great to have my passport back.

good luck everyone
congratulations cabarete

cabarete

Post by cabarete » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:01 pm

thanks Punjab, now roll on the next and final step!

yukainlondon
Newly Registered

Post by yukainlondon » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:17 pm

yukainlondon wrote:
yukainlondon wrote:I apllied for EEA 4 in Nov, got COA in very begining of Dec 11.
I am really looking for PR.

I haven't planed any travel, I don't intend to get my passport back
they clearly say that [We generally advise that you should not make any travel plans until we have returned your passport. However if you need your passport because you have to travel urgently and unexpectedly, call 0845 010 5200 and provide the personal and other details listed immediately above.]

But I want to know about my visa, do you think they will answer anyhow?
I phoned last week and automatically the machine answer says do enqury phone them to ask the progress if it is within 6 months.
My application hasn't been, is there any number I can ask not auto machine if my visa is issued or not?
On 22 Feb 2012

Yesterday, I had a memo from a postman, who brought back the delivery for signigure require for me. They will re-delivery today, I really hope it is my visa!!![/quote]

Thank you everyone
I got PR.
My last visa was until 23 Jan 2012
and new PR started 24 Jan 2012, it seems they are waiting my last visa finished.

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:42 am

congratulations buddy

katrab
Newly Registered

return of my passport (eu spouse)

Post by katrab » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:56 am

hi guys....basicly my hubby is south african and I am eea national.we want to apply for his pemanent residence card (eea4) and wondering how long does it take to get MY passport back, as I work for airline and I cant work if I dont have my passport....also we got married in July 2007 but he didnt receive his residence card till December and now I am not sure if we can apply in July or we have to wait till December....thanks a lot guys...xx

Plum70
Diamond Member

Re: return of my passport (eu spouse)

Post by Plum70 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:03 am

katrab wrote:hi guys....basicly my hubby is south african and I am eea national.we want to apply for his pemanent residence card (eea4) and wondering how long does it take to get MY passport back, as I work for airline and I cant work if I dont have my passport....also we got married in July 2007 but he didnt receive his residence card till December and now I am not sure if we can apply in July or we have to wait till December....thanks a lot guys...xx
Your OH will auto qualify for PR this July and will need your passport to apply. If you need it urgently then he may include a letter requesting that it be returned with his CoA once all his docs and application has been checked.

spike_UK

EEA4 processing time.

Post by spike_UK » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:59 pm

Hi all, I have been with my eea national spouse since January 2007, married on November 2008, got my RC on July 2009 which expires on July 2014 but HO website shows clear that after 5 years u r automatically permanent whether u apply for it or not, so I applied for PR on Friday 24/02/2012 and received at HO today 27/02/2012. Now im going to wait and see how long will take, will update u as soon as I get some response from HO, thanks guys.
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

pinkpanter

Post by pinkpanter » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:21 pm

Please keep update your EEA4 applicatin status here....

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:52 pm

pinkpanter wrote:Please keep update your EEA4 applicatin status here....
in case you are interested in it mate

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 457#601457

pinkpanter

Post by pinkpanter » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:28 am

Punjab wrote:
pinkpanter wrote:Please keep update your EEA4 applicatin status here....
in case you are interested in it mate

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 457#601457
Thanks! Panjab

pinkpanter

Post by pinkpanter » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:14 pm

pinkpanter wrote:
I sent my EEA4 application on 29th Dec'11with 5kg of documents and it has delivered yesterday. now let see how long it takes time.....
I just opened my mail and found COA. they are stating that I have a permision for employment etc..... Thats what i need right now.

I hope it would not take more than 2 months to get my PR :)
my bro informed me that he received my delivery just now, but I m on job. I will update u later. Hope good news

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:28 pm

so whats the good news???? did you get it??

pinkpanter

Post by pinkpanter » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:47 pm

pinkpanter wrote:
pinkpanter wrote:
I sent my EEA4 application on 29th Dec'11with 5kg of documents and it has delivered yesterday. now let see how long it takes time.....
I just opened my mail and found COA. they are stating that I have a permision for employment etc..... Thats what i need right now.

I hope it would not take more than 2 months to get my PR :)
my bro informed me that he received my delivery just now, but I m on job. I will update u later. Hope good news
YES! I got it. Here is my time scale:
- EEA4 Applied 29th Dec'11
- HO received 30th Dec'11
- COA received 21st Jan'12 (letter dated 19th Jan'12)
- EEA Passport requested 22nd Feb'12
- EEA Passport with my PR 8th Mar'12 (PR dated 22nd Feb'12)
received.

Interesting: When I opened my delivery, I found a letter that my residence document is inside etc. I opened my passport and found PR CANCELLED. I was really shocked, but I found another PR on my renewal passport. :wink: so, first they put PR sticker on my expired passport and later HO realised and put on the renewal one.

reda
Member of Standing

Re: FURTHER UPDATE

Post by reda » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:09 am

Punjab wrote:
Punjab wrote:Dear All

I hope you are having a good weekend. I sent eea3+eea4 application together to the address mention in EEA3 application form.

Total weight of my applications package was 1.13 kg and cost me £9.30 to sent.

Anyways I put these documents..

1) Passport/Ids
2)Marriage certificate
3)Work History of my EEA partner of 5 yrs that include tax papers pay slips and as she was not working for 1 month I mentioned in cover letter and also in the application form and I also put an email printing which shows that some one from recruitment was asking her weather she still looking for work or not..
4) current job contract of my EEA partner and pay slips and p45 forms
5) tenancy contract and letter from old landlord as we didn't have contract that time.
6) bank statements I think 3 in total of our joint account...
7)broadband contract on my eea partner's name
8) her crb check
9) some photocopies of NI/EHIC
10)Part time student card and acceptance photocopies
11) some travel tickets showing we both traveled together
12) copy of visa of my family when they visited my wife's family
13) some of police certificates on my name which i gathered during the past year
14) wrs documents/blue card of my wife

i didnt add my job contract as they didn't ask.. can some one tell me please if its still needed or not... i can send it if its important ...

the pain was filling 5 yrs hitory of traveling together but bless my wife's little cotton socks she save the tickets etc as memory so it was sorted

now waiting for the time if i will or not will have eea 4 and my partner eea3..

thanks again guys

Further to it I am sending them My Contract for work and some forms from police.

ta
hi,i wondering if did you send your contract and forms from police as additional documentation without the HO ask about them,and how the HO recognise it's from you (just on relying on your name, dob and address).
the reason why i'm asking is i would send the HO further documentation before they ask about them.

Punjab
BANNED

Re: FURTHER UPDATE

Post by Punjab » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:25 am

reda wrote:
Punjab wrote:
Punjab wrote:Dear All

I hope you are having a good weekend. I sent eea3+eea4 application together to the address mention in EEA3 application form.

Total weight of my applications package was 1.13 kg and cost me £9.30 to sent.

Anyways I put these documents..

1) Passport/Ids
2)Marriage certificate
3)Work History of my EEA partner of 5 yrs that include tax papers pay slips and as she was not working for 1 month I mentioned in cover letter and also in the application form and I also put an email printing which shows that some one from recruitment was asking her weather she still looking for work or not..
4) current job contract of my EEA partner and pay slips and p45 forms
5) tenancy contract and letter from old landlord as we didn't have contract that time.
6) bank statements I think 3 in total of our joint account...
7)broadband contract on my eea partner's name
8) her crb check
9) some photocopies of NI/EHIC
10)Part time student card and acceptance photocopies
11) some travel tickets showing we both traveled together
12) copy of visa of my family when they visited my wife's family
13) some of police certificates on my name which i gathered during the past year
14) wrs documents/blue card of my wife

i didnt add my job contract as they didn't ask.. can some one tell me please if its still needed or not... i can send it if its important ...

the pain was filling 5 yrs hitory of traveling together but bless my wife's little cotton socks she save the tickets etc as memory so it was sorted

now waiting for the time if i will or not will have eea 4 and my partner eea3..

thanks again guys

Further to it I am sending them My Contract for work and some forms from police.

ta
hi,i wondering if did you send your contract and forms from police as additional documentation without the HO ask about them,and how the HO recognise it's from you (just on relying on your name, dob and address).
the reason why i'm asking is i would send the HO further documentation before they ask about them.
Hiya love they didn't ask anything from me to send any additional documents but as I worked with Police I sent them just to be on the safe side. but before they receive anything from me, I already had my passport back

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:30 pm

I sent them just to be on the safe side.
which information you gave them for they located your file(name and address is enough)

lmuee08

Post by lmuee08 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:18 pm

reda wrote:
which information you gave them for they located your file(name and address is enough)
I guess, you would need your home office reference number or case ID.

I didn't have such experience of sending additional documents, but in my past experience, every time I contact them it is quick to quote them the ref and ID for them to identify you.

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:19 pm

reda wrote:
i didn't ask them to locate my file. I just sent them papers thinking they might need it..