ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP and Irish workpermit

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hsmp2006

HSMP and Irish workpermit

Post by hsmp2006 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:26 pm

All

I recently got my HSMP approved, thanks to the immense help from this forum. Now, I have a strange situation.

My employer is planning to process both Irish and UK workpermits. However, Ireland HR informed me that due to changed Irish immigration policies, its becoming difficult for people with UK workpermit to obtain Ireland workpermit and hence asked me not to go for "Entry Clearance" until Irish workpermit is processed.

Did someone experience this situation? I thought having UK workpermit would add to one's advantage - but it seems otherwise. I have to join this MNC by end of November - So, your responses are highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
hsmp2006.

infinita
Newly Registered

Post by infinita » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:47 pm

hi,I am not quite sure if my opinion can be helpful for ur case.Actually,I know little about work permit.But I do remember someone asked the similiar question to a immigration silicitor whom I worked with.That person already obtained a UK work permit and he wanted to get an irish one.The lawyer adviced him not try so coz it's very difficult to get it in that way.As I said,I know little about work permit,but i think if a silicitor says so,it must make some senses.

hsmp2006

Post by hsmp2006 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:59 pm

Thanks infinita. Do you have any idea when this happened? If possible, can I speak to your friend?

Thanks,
hsmp2006.

infinita
Newly Registered

Post by infinita » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:13 pm

I am sorry but that person I mentioned is not a friend of mine.
maybe you should consult an immigration lawyer for a better explanation.