ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR -Set(O) Application Withdraw Process

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ranga_12345

ILR -Set(O) Application Withdraw Process

Post by ranga_12345 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:00 pm

Dear Forum Members,

Could you please let me know the process the for the ILR Set(O) application withdrawal and the time it takes to get all the documents back from the day of withdrawal?

Regards,
Ranga

Smallfamily

Re: ILR -Set(O) Application Withdraw Process

Post by Smallfamily » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:39 pm

ranga_12345 wrote:Dear Forum Members,

Could you please let me know the process the for the ILR Set(O) application withdrawal and the time it takes to get all the documents back from the day of withdrawal?

Regards,
Ranga
it doesn't take very long at all...just write a letter to HO that u want to withdrawal ur app and simply u get ur all the docs back soon :)

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:07 pm

Why do you want to withdraw?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

AshMad

Post by AshMad » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:28 pm

Again, Why do you intend to withdraw ?

Even if a refusal is granted after expiry of your current leave you will get a full right of appeal.

You have two choices after appeal right is awarded :

1) Apply for extension since your previous leave is still continuing (or)
2) Go for an appeal

Regards
Ash

jaskiratbaweja

Post by jaskiratbaweja » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:58 pm

Need some advise of experts.

If HO decide on refusal after the expiry they usually give right to appeal.

However if they decide very close to expiry let's say a day or two before expiry of visa and post the passports along with refusal letter which the individual could receive : -

1) The day of expiry - probably has the option to send for extension by postal and have copy of posting as proof of application

2) After expiry - Not sure what happens in this case?

Or is that for premium applications, UKBA call the individual and inform them and give a choice to collect the passport from PEO

AshMad

Post by AshMad » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:00 am

jaskiratbaweja wrote:Need some advise of experts.

If HO decide on refusal after the expiry they usually give right to a
However if they decide very close to expiry let's say a day or two before expiry of visa and post the passports along with refusal letter which the individual could receive : -

1) The day of expiry - probably has the option to send for extension by postal and have copy of posting as proof of application

Or is that for premium applications, UKBA call the individual and inform them and give a choice to collect the passport from PEO
On refusal of any IN-TIME application after the expiry of your leave-----> You will be given FULL RIGHT OF APPEAL.

If they decide on ILR close to expiry date you do not receive a right to appeal -------> Be prepared with a ready made pack of Postal Tier-1 extension. Simultaneously you can file for JR on refusal of ILR.

AshMad

Post by AshMad » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:06 am

Why don't you send in a pre-paid self addressed envelope now (If not sent with your application previously) and ask them to post their decision in that envelope.

If they don't have the pre-paid envelope they will send decision by 2nd class post which takes quiet a bit of time.

jaskiratbaweja

Post by jaskiratbaweja » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:25 am

AshMad wrote:
jaskiratbaweja wrote:Need some advise of experts.

If HO decide on refusal after the expiry they usually give right to a

On refusal of any IN-TIME application after the expiry of your leave-----> You will be given FULL RIGHT OF APPEAL.

If they decide on ILR close to expiry date you do not receive a right to appeal -------> Be prepared with a ready made pack of Postal Tier-1 extension. Simultaneously you can file for JR on refusal of ILR.

Thanks. And I believe if they decide on the date of expiry, the will give right of appeal as well. It's not clear whether PEO applications where additional information is requested become postal applications. From the experience of people who have got it within few days of supplying extra documents, looks like it is still decided in the PEO by SCW team. But I believe that's down to luck on how soon they decide and send back passports and originals.

In some cases UKBA calls and informs candidates, so there is absolutely no clarity on communications and process post PEO.

ranga_12345

Post by ranga_12345 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:49 am

Apologies for not responding earlier.

@Vinny & Ash,

My Tier 1 Visa expires on 29th March 2012. I was not sure if I will be allowed to extend Tier 1 visa if UKBA rejects my ILR application after my current visa expires. I asked the case worker this question and she said that this depends on senior case worker and cannot confirm if I get chance to apply for Tier 1 extension.

I am worried what if they reject my ILR after my current leave expires and did not provide option to extend my Tier 1 visa - as in santosh case (http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=595265&highlight=#595265)

But from your earlier post i can see that, if ILR refusal comes after my current leave expires, I will get a full right of appeal. Following this I can apply for my tier 1 extension and/or go for appeal.

Could you please let me if this is documented somewhere ?

Also, I have not provided a pre-paid self addressed envelope, could you kindly let me know to which address i can post this envelope now. ( I applied in Croydon PEO, Is their a specific department that I need to mention along with my case id).

Regards,
Ranga

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:14 pm

An out-of-time Tier 1 (General) application is possible. However, you cannot make a new application if an appeal is lodged and outstanding..
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

AshMad

Post by AshMad » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:28 pm

@ Ranga
Postal application.

In the guidance note they have mentioned that in case if you want to send more information after application then send in more info at Liverpool settlement casework address.

In your case you have applied at PEO, I am not sure if the application will be decided at PEO (or) if it joins the Postal queue. You need 2 confirm this with someone who has been through this experience.