ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

HANDYMAN
Newly Registered

Post by HANDYMAN » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:41 pm

Hi Blackhole

I just checked timeline page, someone applied 21/12/2011 and received approval today, well done!

I have received todays' letters, no news!

I gave them a call eventually! Guess what, there was a message saying no report is available for progress of application at this point and terminated my call!!

I know there has been people received the approval letter after 5-6 months! Harsh, isnt it?

Anyway, lets enjoy our life mate!

Handyman
Last edited by HANDYMAN on Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HANDYMAN
Newly Registered

Post by HANDYMAN » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:44 pm

[quote="mrworld9"]Guys, I got my approval today surprisingly and I am so excited. The letter says I should NOT contact local council until I received the invitation letter. I know some people do book for ceremony immediately after approval. Can I call local council to check if they have my details already and can book ceremony for me?

Goodluck to all those still waiting blackhole and handyman in particular. I can feel your pains as regards the inconsistency. I bet you guys won't have to wait for much longer before it arrives.[/quote]

Happy for you, good luck!

chocho

Post by chocho » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:04 pm

Hi All,

I applied for BC 2.5 months ago through NCS and I will be travelling next week for 3 months. Does this affect my BC application ?

Please let me know.

Thank you

sichuantoufu
Newly Registered

Post by sichuantoufu » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:26 pm

Congratulations mrworld9. Well done.
Blackhole and Handyman, I believe it will be our turn soon :)

HANDYMAN
Newly Registered

Post by HANDYMAN » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:38 pm

sichuantoufu

I hope so, I am going to think about it as less as possible and stop nagging! I think among our 3, whoever get it sooner should treat other two for drink :lol:

Cheers

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:02 pm

Mrworld9
Big congratulation mate, all the best with the rest of the journey

sichuantoufu, handyman

A promise from my side once this over I will invite you for a big night in Bournemouth :lol:

So pray for me both my Doc arrive soon so you will have a good night by the best beach in UK. :D

I will call them tomorrow

sichuantoufu
Newly Registered

Post by sichuantoufu » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:41 pm

Agreed! Hope it happens for us soon :?

AlexS

Post by AlexS » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:46 pm

chocho wrote:Hi All,

I applied for BC 2.5 months ago through NCS and I will be travelling next week for 3 months. Does this affect my BC application ?

Please let me know.

Thank you
Chocho, it might affect you, because if you receive your approval next week, you have 90 days to arrange the ceremony (and it's only then when you really become a British citizen). If you don't, your application will be forfeit, and you'll have to start all over again.
-----
Alex

HANDYMAN
Newly Registered

Post by HANDYMAN » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:37 pm

Blackhole,

That sounds good to me! Let's see where we are going to have the drink in Bournemouth beach or Thames bank!

Have you seen "Camellia" who received approval after 1 year?!! :shock:

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:07 pm

HANDYMAN wrote:Blackhole,

That sounds good to me! Let's see where we are going to have the drink in Bournemouth beach or Thames bank!

Have you seen "Camellia" who received approval after 1 year?!! :shock:
Either places would be good mate

Camellia waited one year man, that's not easy at all but at least her wait is over now

By the way I think that AlexS is part of our November family as well.

Welcome to the club AlexS

Handyman : let's see what's coming to us I sense that next week will come up with something

Have a good weekend everybody

masha.ketu
Newly Registered

Post by masha.ketu » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:30 am

Strange!

Thought I had received a response today but instead got an acknowledgement letter again. So far I have 3 of the same letters.
Just not sure why?

anear
Newly Registered

Post by anear » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:46 pm

I applied on 22 Dec 2011. Does it mean my approval is not far away?

[quote="HANDYMAN"]Hi Blackhole

I just checked timeline page, someone applied 21/12/2011 and received approval today, well done!

Handyman[/quote]

HANDYMAN
Newly Registered

Post by HANDYMAN » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:55 pm

Hi anear

No rule mate, I applied 11th Nov, still no news! but some people in Jan received their approval today!

poas
Newly Registered

Post by poas » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:58 pm

Yes HANDYMAN, I applied in jan and received approval letters today. Never understood the timelines though. Anyway best of luck and hope you get your letter soon

HANDYMAN
Newly Registered

Post by HANDYMAN » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:31 pm

Well done Poas. All the best.

goonzilla
Newly Registered

Post by goonzilla » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:06 pm

I applied Nov 28th, NCS Newham. Still nothing.
Money was taken out 13th Dec. Nationality is Sudanese...I'm pretty sure nationality makes a difference.

Called them around a month ago and they said undergoing checks and I should expect an answer end of Feb/beginning of March. Called this morning and they said still waiting to be assigned to a caseworker. But from what I understand, their status updates are quite unreliable?

Good luck to everyone!

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:57 pm

goonzilla wrote:I applied Nov 28th, NCS Newham. Still nothing.
Money was taken out 13th Dec. Nationality is Sudanese...I'm pretty sure nationality makes a difference.

Called them around a month ago and they said undergoing checks and I should expect an answer end of Feb/beginning of March. Called this morning and they said still waiting to be assigned to a caseworker. But from what I understand, their status updates are quite unreliable?

Good luck to everyone!

I am not sure about nationality classification

from my experience, three friends of mine:
1- palestinian guy applied on mid AUG APPROVED WITHIN 6 WEEKS
2- Columbian girl applied January APPROVED WITHIN 5 WEEKS
3- italian Guy applied in July APPROVED WITHIN 17 WEEKS

ALSO; from this form:
Two Indian nationals one took 4 weeks other 12 weeks

and so on

so I guess it is just matter of LUCK

also I doubt that the further checks are made unless in very rare cases as most of checks were carried out when ILR was obtained

in my Case I am reaching my 16 week, and still NOTHING

I am a home owner, a Tax Payer ,a Job creater through my business, NEVER broke the law whatsoever, not even a parking ticket, NEVER CLAIMED ANY BENIFIT and never been late in paying any of my bills

though have to wait

HANDYMAN
Newly Registered

Post by HANDYMAN » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:31 pm

It was exciting initially, I thought I was going to get it in reasonable time and gonna be happy and rest of it.

But now, 16 weeks down th line, it is just annoying and no joy left! Even if comes tomorrow, not a big thing!

I am going to 1 week silence strike guys!!

You hear from me if any news!

Good Luck all, particularly Nov guys!!

mrsi

Post by mrsi » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:17 pm

Hi everyone just a quick question i have got my cermoney done and got my naturalisation certificate it says from the date of issue i am granted british citizenship so if i dont apply for my passport am i still british citizen and should i write in any forms now british citizen in nationality column ?
also this naturalisation certificate is valid for life or you have to apply for passport to stay british citizen for good ?

osteophytes

Post by osteophytes » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:24 am

mrsi wrote:Hi everyone just a quick question i have got my cermoney done and got my naturalisation certificate it says from the date of issue i am granted british citizenship so if i dont apply for my passport am i still british citizen and should i write in any forms now british citizen in nationality column ?
also this naturalisation certificate is valid for life or you have to apply for passport to stay british citizen for good ?
Yes

anear
Newly Registered

Post by anear » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:37 pm

10 weeks now. Received a brown envelope last week, asking for PSNI data. I left Northern Ireland 4.5 years ago. I rang HO to ask why, and was told that everybody who lives or has lived in Northern Ireland has to provide PSNI data.

So I posted a DAT1 to PSNI requesting they sent data to UKBA directly. Don't know how long it will take from this point.

Anybody has similar experience?

Man_In_Barc

Post by Man_In_Barc » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:58 am

After 10 months i received approval letter last friday and havent received invitation letter from council.I changed to another city half way through the application.To which council would i be attending the ceremony the one i requested on my application or the one given by Homeoffice.

When would i receive the letter from council after approval letter.

mrsi

Post by mrsi » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:33 am

Man_In_Barc wrote:After 10 months i received approval letter last friday and havent received invitation letter from council.I changed to another city half way through the application.To which council would i be attending the ceremony the one i requested on my application or the one given by Homeoffice.

When would i receive the letter from council after approval letter.
council issue invitation letter one week before the cermoney

Man_In_Barc

Post by Man_In_Barc » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:17 pm

Thanks that's been a relief.

goonzilla
Newly Registered

Post by goonzilla » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:02 pm

Still nothing (applied Nov 28th)...I'm starting to get worried that applications which aren't approved within the normal time range (2 mths give or take a few weeks) get stuck and are only approved after more than 6 months.

All we can do is wait!