ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (G) vs ILR with New Rules

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

abc111
BANNED

Tier 1 (G) vs ILR with New Rules

Post by abc111 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:54 pm

Hi,

I have come across a news about setting a new earning threshold of £35k in order to earn the ILR will be set in next few days...

I am wondering if this is going to be applicable to people that will get the visa AFTER the announcement or will ALSO be applicable to people like me who have had their visa since 2008!

Please advise!!

Thanks.

news link:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... unced.html

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:03 pm

This law will be applied retrospectively for all ILR applicants no matter when you got your initial work permit

Also on the UKBA website it clearly mentions the following in bold...

The information in this section is based on Part 6A (paragraph 245CD) and Appendix A of the Immigration Rules, which you can find on the right side of this page. The Immigration Rules are subject to change, and you must meet all the requirements of the rules that are in place at the time when you apply for settlement.
Manka

superman008
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 (G) vs ILR with New Rules

Post by superman008 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:07 pm

abc111 wrote: setting a new earning threshold of £35k in order to earn the ILR
This seems unfair as I had only to show above 26K for my initial Tier-1 application and the same for my extension (not that I wont be able to satisfy this new requirement)

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:27 pm

superman008 wrote:
This seems unfair as I had only to show above 26K for my initial Tier-1 application and the same for my extension (not that I wont be able to satisfy this new requirement)
Nothing is unfair for British Government. This government is a traitor government. They went to south Asia saying they will do business and form east India company and then later started to forcefully ruling the country! Now they brought the immigrants saying they will be British national after 5 years and now moving the goal post after sucking all the money from them! anything is possible for this traitor government. No other country in the world applies Retrospective laws for immigrants. new laws are applicable to new immigrants. But in UK they apply retrospectively. TRAITOR!!!! :twisted:

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:28 pm

superman008 wrote:
Tier 1 is a "highly skilled" migrant category, if someone aint earning 35K then they probably arent so "highly skilled" :wink:
Manka

agesteven
Newly Registered

Post by agesteven » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:36 pm

@Manka10

U post shows that U are not different from the current people in UK govt.

Kindly get real and stop messing up in this forum.

Regards

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:41 pm

Manka10 wrote:
superman008 wrote:
Tier 1 is a "highly skilled" migrant category, if someone aint earning 35K then they probably arent so "highly skilled" :wink:
@Manka10, Do you know how much a University lecturer with PhD get as a salary at the starting and onwards?

University Lectuer with PhD is highly skilled or not?

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:19 pm

@agesteven
Dude...I dont set the policies at UKBA orite ?!?
say wot u have written to the immigration minister if you have the guts, no point in taking your frustration out here. I think its you who needs to get real & come out of your lil fairy tale land

@Somudro
corporate pay packages are always higher than education industry's pay, if satisfaction of teaching is worth more to you than making money then you are better off teaching back home, the country you may be from probably needs teachers more than UK
Manka

jonbca

Post by jonbca » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:45 pm

I think that new £35k threshold will only apply to workers under Tier 2 (General) leave that was granted after 6 April 2011. The proposal for the salary threshold was introduced under the consultations which closed last Summer for how to alter the Tier 2 route. The MAC report said that it was not considering the Tier 1 General route because any alterations to settlement criteria would likely not pass a legal challenge.

Starting in April 2011, they introduced a points test for ILR for Tier 1 General applicants, which I'd guess is the only criteria we'll have to pass.

katwmn6

Post by katwmn6 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:49 pm

Manka10 wrote:@agesteven
say wot u have written to the immigration minister if you have the guts, no point in taking your frustration out here. I think its you who needs to get real & come out of your lil fairy tale land

@Somudro
corporate pay packages are always higher than education industry's pay, if satisfaction of teaching is worth more to you than making money then you are better off teaching back home, the country you may be from probably needs teachers more than UK
Please let's just ignore anyone who writes "wot" and "orite" and claims to know anything about being "highly skilled."

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:58 pm

katwmn6 wrote:
Manka10 wrote:@agesteven

@Somudro
Please let's just ignore anyone who writes "wot" and "orite" and claims to know anything about being "highly skilled."
another smarty pants tryin to get personal...if you dont know the etiquettes of posting in forum then stay away from writing anything...spare us all
Manka

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:11 pm

I pity those who are always after money. Their loyalty to their home land and any other country they live in the world will always remain doubtful. People come to the developed countries for a better way of life. Ignore the ignorant idiot who seems to be living in the state of denial. According to the ignorant's definition, an illiterate take away owner will be highly skilled who makes 35K a year.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:25 pm

if there were an IQ requirement to join up, most hypocrites on this thread would be left out...think they know the meaning of "state of denial" ?!?

i guess there are ways to get around the english language requirement.

an illiterate take-away owner would fare better & not speak of something he doesnt understand...lmao
Manka

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:27 pm

ROFL @ "would fare better"

and professing to be the language experts, hahahhahaha

forgot to bring the following to your attention Mr. Ignorant

http://dictionary.sensagent.com/state+of+denial/en-en/

I hope you will understand yourself what a denial is. LOL

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:43 pm

I guess idiots on this forum need to understand who is in denial rather than trying to teach someone what denial is.

the 35K limit is coming you ignoramooses...accept that & start slogging or continue to be in "state of denial"

muahahahahahahaha...so funny this nitwit is still talking trying to be one up
Manka

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:48 pm

All I would say to the self proclaimed highly skilled ignorant is

"He who knows not and knows not that he knows not, is a fool. Shun him" lol

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:09 pm

Manka,

You do not need to insult people to put a point across.

Let us all learn to act in a civil and dignified way when addressing others on the forum.

Kind Regards

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:26 pm

I wasnt insulting anyone mate... looks like nitwits here cant post anything without getting personal.

all those halfwits started it first
Manka

lesbere
- thin ice -

Post by lesbere » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:59 am

I know we were told that the rules can change when applying for ILR but how reasonable is this? Will it affect existing Tier1 General Migrant? Really feels like packing and leaving the UK now. I am fed up with this micky mouse game they are playing with Us.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/feb/2 ... ght-settle

lesbere
- thin ice -

Post by lesbere » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:13 am

Just reading through the MAC report on settlement of skilled migrant workers, I can see they are refering only to Tier 1 exceptional talent route and the Tier 2 Resident Labour Market Test (RLMT), shortage occupation, ministers of religion and sportsperson routes. I am hoping I am right, Tier1 General will be excluded and only those that applied from April 2011 will be affected. Here is the report

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:05 am

@ Manka: I do understand that you are just trying to state the fact that people under Highly Skilled categories such as Tier 1 should earn more than £35K. The only issue is, all Highly skilled Tier 1 migrants do not work as IT / Finance contractors. There are other people such as scientists, teachers etc whose salary cannot be measured on the same scale.

You know the reaction to this new rule was mostly negative from the British citizens. Most of them believe that no immigrant should be allowed to get an ILR. What do you have to say to that?
Give me more Karma (+)

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:45 am

you can all stop panicking, because, as was stated from the beginning, the new rules for settlement will not apply to tier 1 general. See the ministerial statement

here

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:09 pm

@QuickSam, there are exceptions to the 35K rule for shortage occupations mate. I never heard of no ILR at all for any immigrant, the option of not giving ILR to any immigrant isnt tenable...

furthermore, 35K barrier is not for T1 Gen so rest easy
Manka

Asha03
Newly Registered

Post by Asha03 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:09 pm

Manka10 wrote:I wasnt insulting anyone mate... looks like nitwits here cant post anything without getting personal.

Dear Manaka,

Could you please be civil and refrain yourself from calling names to others?

I am a new member in this forum and your posts make an impression of you being a immature child.

You may call me a nitwit, dimwit and all sorts of other names after this but this is not a teenage chat room / social networking site, to demonstrate your ego.

We are discussing about UK Immigration and should only stick to that.

Many Thanks

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:24 pm

Asha03 wrote:
Manka10 wrote:I wasnt insulting anyone mate... looks like nitwits here cant post anything without getting personal.

Dear Manaka,

Could you please be civil and refrain yourself from calling names to others?

I am a new member in this forum and your posts make an impression of you being a immature child.

You may call me a nitwit, dimwit and all sorts of other names after this but this is not a teenage chat room / social networking site, to demonstrate your ego.

We are discussing about UK Immigration and should only stick to that.

Many Thanks
Dude, before you go on with your blabber, first thing...do not dig out the graves, second read all the posts before you comment & get personal with me...I just might have a go at you if you bring up my name again so beware

do not post crap just to increase your post count, i know what to write so mind your own

dont be concerned about what or who I am as I cant care less who you are
Manka