ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Croydon PEO experience

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

newbie_t

Croydon PEO experience

Post by newbie_t » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:29 pm

Hi all,

I have immensely benefited from this forum, and thought to share my experience to help other forum users like me.

Had an appointment at 9:30 earlier this week, reached there by around 8:30am and parked at Dingwall road car park.

Airport style security check at 9:00am, application versions checked by a staff after the security check.

Waited in the queue to be called by another staff and issued token number.

Went to the first floor to make payment by Banker's draft, no issues here.

Went to the second floor and waited for my number to be called by a case worker for initial checks. She just took my passports and application forms. Finished the check in 5 minutes and waited for biometric enrolment.

My number was called around 10:10 and all over by 10:30 and that's when the wait started. It took good couple of hours for my token number to be called again.

Went to the counter, and looked like the caseworker was pre-occupied with another case. There was some confusion here, but CW asked for my applications forms anyway. Then CW swiftly apologised and said she had to look at another case- and bunch of people appeared behind me. Looked like she was a senior case worker and that particular case had some issues.

CW apologised again and we waited for our number to be called again.

After about 15 minutes, we were called by another case worker, who was very polite and professional at the same time.

CW: Application form and passports please.

Me: Sure, and handed over them.

CW: Flipped to the last page of the application and started looking at the points claimed.

CW: Payslips and bank statements please?

Me: handed over the payslips and personal bank statements and mentioned that the folder had originals and copies.

CW: Just took the copies and put the originals aside.

CW: Flipped to the earnings page and looked at the amount claimed, which was quite high. When flipping to the earnings page, saw the traffic offence mentioned, just had quick read through and then carried on, no questions asked.

CW: looked at the payslips and asked whether the amount claimed are all in the payslips?

Me: no, then gave him the dividend vouchers and explained the break down of salary and dividends. Handed over the accountant letter as well.

CW just took only the copies and put the originals aside.

CW: Are you self employed?

Me: No, I am employed - working through my limited company.

Me: Do you need the business bank statements as well?

CW: well, I can see the money coming into the personal account - but give it anyway if you have copies.

That's it, no more questions.

CW: five more minutes and started typing.

CW: I am granting leave for 2 years from the expiry of my current leave to remain which will take you to 5 years( my current leave expires in 3 months)

Me: Quite happy with this (but I am eligible for ILR in October this year anyway.)

CW: handed over the Biometric application forms to us to double check all the details in them.

Me: All is well :D and handed them back

CW: Handed over the documents to us, and told us that BRP will arrive in 7-10 working days. He said to my wife that she can work and jokingly said - even our 18 month little one can 'work'

Me: Thanked him, and filled in the feedback form.

Overall a very good experience and staff were very polite and helpful.

Just received a call from my wife saying our BRPs have arrived by courier.

Thanks a lot to everyone, especially the moderators and all who replied to my previous posts.

This forum and few others have definitely saved me a few hundred pounds for engaging an agent. Personally, I think its better to represent the case ourselves if you are confident enough. We are there to answer questions related to us, explaining our documents. Again, this is my personal opinion - no offence to anyone who go through an agent.

Please feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions - otherwise wish you all the very best and see you in the ILR forum.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers,
Jay
Last edited by newbie_t on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:19 am, edited 6 times in total.

Tier1G09
India

Re: Croydon PEO experience

Post by Tier1G09 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:37 pm

Congratss buddy!
All the best

Ducky11

Post by Ducky11 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:05 pm

Hi Jay, thank you for the extensive post & information. It makes me feel quite relaxed as my appointment is coming up in a couple of weeks.

Just one question - How long did it take before you biometric residence permit arrived in the post from the date of your appointment? You stated that you were told that it would arrive in 7-10 working days, but how long did it actually take?

Also, congratulations! :D

Thanks,
Ducky

sandeepk

Post by sandeepk » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:19 pm

Congrats Jay

Just 1 question, how much you paid for the Banker's Draft ???

newbie_t

Post by newbie_t » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:31 pm

Ducky11 wrote:Hi Jay, thank you for the extensive post & information. It makes me feel quite relaxed as my appointment is coming up in a couple of weeks.

Just one question - How long did it take before you biometric residence permit arrived in the post from the date of your appointment? You stated that you were told that it would arrive in 7-10 working days, but how long did it actually take?

Also, congratulations! :D

Thanks,
Ducky
Couple of days, and thanks!!

All the best with your application.
Last edited by newbie_t on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

newbie_t

Post by newbie_t » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:32 pm

sandeepk wrote:Congrats Jay

Just 1 question, how much you paid for the Banker's Draft ???
Thanks Sandeepk. The bank charged £20 for the Bankers Draft. I had a backup to pay by debit or credit card, just in case.

anirban_paul

Post by anirban_paul » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:39 pm

Thanks for the Information. Do you know there was a Fire at Croydon public enquiry office today? Were you there?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 1-fire-peo

Regards

longshift

Post by longshift » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:45 pm

@newbie_t

Great stuff...... Hope more people share their experience on this thread for their PEO applications.

Moderator... Could you start a sticky thread for this.... This is a brilliant information and people like me would like to know what to expect in PEO application.

zayedshah

Post by zayedshah » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:03 pm

"CW: Are you self employed?

Me: No, I am employed - working through my limited company. "

Thanks for this post.

I think this post clarified my confusion around self-employed. I work through my own ltd company so I should put myself as employed. I had always assumed that as I am not a 'proper employee in the traditional sense and I work as a contractor through my ltd company, I would come under as self-employed. But it seems like I was wrong.

PS: If I missed something, please feel free to point out. Cheers.

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by Jedi001 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:36 pm

newbie_t wrote: Airport style security check at 9:00am, application versions checked by a staff after the security check.
Hi Jay,

First of all, congratulations on getting your extension!!

Could you please confirm which version of Tier 1 Dependent form did you submit as I have got both versions filled and not sure which one to give to the PEO?

Please advise.

I have my appointment on 28th Feb 9:45 am @ Croydon.

Also I am a bit confused about all those UKBA reference numbers which have been asked in the forms (Main + Dependent), I have no clue what they are as I did not receive any special document from UKBA or British High Commission in India with a reference number. Please advise

Regards
Jedi001

Vega

Post by Vega » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:43 pm

Hi Jay,

Firstly, congrats!

Did you have trouble booking the PEO appointment? Did you get one 6 weeks later when booking? Did you have to try a lot to book the slot successfully?

lloyd
Newly Registered

Post by lloyd » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:34 pm

Hi Guys,

can i apply for extension of DLR (non asylum) at PEO. Since the form FLR (O) only says only 10 year rule cannot apply at PEO. It did not mention if DLR non asylum can use it. Does anyone have any idea or experience about this.

Reddevil12

Post by Reddevil12 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:18 pm

@newbie_t

Hi Jay, if you don't me asking about your traffic offence. Have you mentioned that in the application under convictions or somewhere else. Please do shed some light on that. Also was it just a FPN or did you receive it from the court. Please do update us on that. Many thanks and Congrats once again
Fighting spirit never fails