ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics Online appointment link not accessible

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Reddevil12

Biometrics Online appointment link not accessible

Post by Reddevil12 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:24 pm

I have noticed that for the past 2 days the Biometrics Online appointment link is not working and not allowing to proceed with the booking. Are there anyone else here facing the same issue. Do update this post if you face the same issue

Tried both the links to book the bio-metrics but couldn't succeed :-

https://apply.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/se ... entBooking

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/book-appointment

Do advise if anybody else can access the link. Thanks in advance
Fighting spirit never fails

ramesh1

Post by ramesh1 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:26 am

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... ply-online

It seems the link is down and they are fixing it.

Reddevil12

Post by Reddevil12 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:51 am

This is the third day in a row and the link is still down. I'm not sure how others are booking their online appointments. As I don't see any posts on this or Is it I'm the only one trying to book the biometrics appointment online. How about the people who are going for Premium appointments? Do they have any alternate option to book the appointments :-)

ckdeepak
Newly Registered

Post by ckdeepak » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:53 am

As mentioned in the above link, you can always call.

"If you need to book an urgent premium appointment, you can phone us on 0870 606 7766."

I called yesterday in the morning and managed to get an appointment on the 5th April in Cardiff (ONLY available appointment, she said), even thought I would've preffered Croydon.

ckdeepak
Newly Registered

Post by ckdeepak » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:59 am

Sorry! I didnt realise that you are looking for a Biometrics appointment :). I was talking about premium appointments.

Reddevil12

Post by Reddevil12 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:02 pm

@ckdeepak

Thanks Deepak for your prompt response. Yes I'm trying to book the biometrics appointment online. The UKBA number which you have mentioned in the above post. Do they assist with the biometrics booking as well in the event of online link not working. Do let me know your thoughts. Thanks

ctandi
Newly Registered

biometric app. not possible over phone

Post by ctandi » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:28 pm

I have just called UKBA. The lady told me that they could not provide booking over phone. She has been advised to tell us to keep trying. Another bloody extension to an already an unbelievable slow process. Should I curse the day I decided to come to this country?

Reddevil12

Post by Reddevil12 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:43 pm

Hmm .. We have no other choice then to curse ourselves for the sudden decline in the UKBA service lines. Btw, I have been trying the link persistently for the last 3 days still there is no use. They need to have some alternative in the event of downtime. Atleast a phone booking sort of thing to help the applicants.

ramesh1

Post by ramesh1 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:35 pm

True guys I am trying for the past 1 week. Frustrated...

ManiKing

Post by ManiKing » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:20 pm

One of the possible reason for this down is because on wednesday, i saw the PEO date for 04-Apr-2012.

From 06-Apr UKBA is going to increase the fees, they might have kept it down for furthur changes related to it.

Thanks,
Mani

ChOudhry1
- thin ice -

Post by ChOudhry1 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:18 am

ramesh1 wrote:True guys I am trying for the past 1 week. Frustrated...
You can arrange your biometric and peo bookings on phone during the unavailability of online booking system. Mentioned under Bookings on phone. Now cheers :lol:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ply-online
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... pointment/
0870 606 7766 call this number plz and best of luck
Choudhry

ctandi
Newly Registered

Post by ctandi » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:45 pm

ChOudhry1 wrote:
ramesh1 wrote:True guys I am trying for the past 1 week. Frustrated...
You can arrange your biometric and peo bookings on phone during the unavailability of online booking system. Mentioned under Bookings on phone. Now cheers :lol:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ply-online
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... pointment/
0870 606 7766 call this number plz and best of luck
I called this number yesterday but they said that they can arrange an appointment only at PEOs for this and there arent any place available until the 5th of April. So they cant arrange unfortunately, at least what they told me this yesterday.

And also at the same page, it says you can go to the Post offices according to this exceptional situation and me and my family went to the nearest Post office today and they said they cant make it as we dont have barkodes on our brp letters..So it seems only solution is wait for the online booking work soon!

kpr

Re: Biometrics Online appointment link not accessible

Post by kpr » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:24 pm

Still does not work

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:13 pm

kpr wrote:Still does not work
Refer this link...
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... e-bookings

chrischris

Post by chrischris » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:40 pm

[quote="pegakrishna"][quote="kpr"]Still does not work[/quote]

Refer this link...
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... e-bookings[/quote]

bless you for posting this link! you are a saviour.

vhathiramani
Newly Registered

no luck

Post by vhathiramani » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:33 am

I applied on 15th jan, got an email telling me to book biometrics appointment on friday, tried to call this 0870 number after 9am today, got a recorded message to apply online or call during reg working hours....anyone had any luck??
Vimal

ctandi
Newly Registered

Post by ctandi » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:51 am

I have called today. I requested an appointment in Birmingham, the officer told me that it was not possible, then I asked for Croydon - that was also not possible. I then asked for Derby, and he gave me an appointment in 27 March. Can you believe it? I applied by post on 17th of January. They will only look at my case after March. What's the point of submitting bank account details then? UKBA has definetely screwed up this system.

vhathiramani
Newly Registered

Post by vhathiramani » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:28 pm

you re lucky. I tried all the options they gave but ran into a dead end...will try again tomorrow...
Vimal

ifti12

Re: Joke of the Day

Post by ifti12 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:29 pm

pegakrishna wrote:
kpr wrote:Still does not work
Refer this link...
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... e-bookings
This page has been removed. It was mentioned they are open from 9am to 12pm to book an appointment on the phone. I am keep calling them since morning but no answer and now at 4:30pm the offices are closed and the page has been removed. So UKBA has started making jokes as well. That's was good though.

Reddevil12

Post by Reddevil12 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:41 pm

I have tried calling the number but of no use. It isn't helpful in any way. My Biometrics booking is getting delayed further and I'm sure this could lead to delay in my application decision as well .. Tht's annoying and frustrating :-(

Reddevil12

Post by Reddevil12 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:23 pm

As the online link is still inaccessible and tried their phone number for booking and it says all their customer representatives are busy at the moment and disconnects the call automatically with a short info. Now my question can I approach the post office to take my biometrics as I have received the letter or do i need to wait to book the appointment at PEO. I also have a dependant along with me.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:27 pm

The only issue is that you won't get a bar coded in case you have a dependant. For submitting the biometrics at a post office, you need that letter. It maybe worth a try, visit your nearest post office and check with them.

**Better option: Call the nearest participating post office and confirm. Only issue is that all the participating post offices have 84*** numbers.
Give me more Karma (+)

pegakrishna

Post by pegakrishna » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:26 pm

Reddevil12 wrote:I have tried calling the number but of no use. It isn't helpful in any way. My Biometrics booking is getting delayed further and I'm sure this could lead to delay in my application decision as well .. Tht's annoying and frustrating :-(
Refer this link....
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... online-ieb

black7

Post by black7 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:18 am

The online booking system is functional now!!

Reddevil12

Post by Reddevil12 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:59 pm

Applications online submission link was working this morning but now again its down. Do they do this purposefully. I mean as the the UKBA customer service is closed now and the link has gone down. Do they have technical support team who look at these sort of issues in the event of link non-functional to log tickets. I have observed that the site went down after 5:30 this evening. Can any of you post here if you could access the link. Thanks