ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zi1bbs
Newly Registered

OCI BIRMINGHAM BY POST

Post by zi1bbs » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:08 pm

HI ALL:

I have sent my passport to birmingham by post (special delivery, with an enclosed pre paid envelope for the return of documents) as my OCI is ready to collect, I know that they have received the passport as I tracked the mail online, I though that I would receive my passport along with the OCI back within two weeks, however, I am still waiting to receive it.....Could anyone tell me how long it takes before you receive the passport with the OCI through the post? Thankyou in advance.

srdanda
Newly Registered

Re: birmingham lazy?

Post by srdanda » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:42 pm

exactly 2 months from the date of acknowledgement. no updates online. tried to ring them the other day. number continuously engaged.
did you get yours?
nchowdhury wrote:
srdanda wrote:hi i've submitted oci application in person@ birmingham on 08/12/11. acknowledged on the same day. no further updates after that. today being 07/01/12, exactly one month now. well even after considering all those bank holidays, birmingham seems to be lagging far behind london.
cant find many timelines for birmingham applications. anyone?
Same here too submitted in person @Birmingham on 12/12/11, acknowledged same day but no further updates and today is 11/01/12.

They did say that time to me it will take 15 to 16 weeks.

Regards
N. Chowdhury

GBINR

Post by GBINR » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:07 pm

Friend wrote:
GBINR wrote:
Sage wrote:I’ve got my OCI document, so does my son who is 16. His British passport will expire in April. We plan to travel to India in March. I am going to apply for a new British passport for him. I don’t think there will be sufficient time for us to apply for U-Visa in his new passport. Can he travel with his old passport containing the U-Visa along with the new passport?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

On a similar note, do we have to submit 2 copies of the application for a new U-Visa or one copy is enough?

Cheers!
Please read the link given in OCI. They have wealth of info with even BOLDS in their website saying that transfering is not a must. We know that HCI London does not meet all expectations. Still do we pay naive attention to details even that are given explicitly?

http://hcilondon.in/oci.php

Note: 2 while travelling to India, it is important for OCI holders to carry both (a) the passport bearing 'LIFE LONG' visa sticker and (b) the OCI booklet. In case this passport has expired, there is no need to transfer 'LIFE LONG' visa to their new passports, but can carry the new passport along with items (a) & (b). Applicants are welcome to apply for transfer, but it will take the same 3 weeks as in the case of fresh applications

But if you read the FAQ from the Ministry of Home Affairs
Government of India - http://mha.nic.in/foreigDiv/OCI.html - OCI Miscellaneous Services for registered OCIs - No. 16, it implies you need to get it re-issued till 20 years of age !
I agree and admit that my post was wrong in that case :(
I went just by the info in OCI HCI page. Never knew about this ambiguity.

pvsash
Newly Registered

Lost my naturalization certificate !

Post by pvsash » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:13 pm

Can anybody please help me.

Hello, I have lost my British naturalization certificate , Is it required to apply for OCI? If so, what alternatives do i have other then applying for a Duplicate naturalization certificate from the Home office.

Thank you

nchowdhury

Post by nchowdhury » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:48 am

Nothing yet, everday I check on their site it says under process. As I said earlier they said it will take 14 to 16 weeks at the moment, therefore no choice, got to wait.
If I knew, it will take so long over here, I would have sent to London office.
Regards.
NChowdhury.
srdanda wrote:exactly 2 months from the date of acknowledgement. no updates online. tried to ring them the other day. number continuously engaged.
did you get yours?
nchowdhury wrote:
srdanda wrote:hi i've submitted oci application in person@ birmingham on 08/12/11. acknowledged on the same day. no further updates after that. today being 07/01/12, exactly one month now. well even after considering all those bank holidays, birmingham seems to be lagging far behind london.
Same here too submitted in person @Birmingham on 12/12/11, acknowledged same day but no further updates and today is 11/01/12.

Regards
N. Chowdhury

ramesheuk

OCI Collection

Post by ramesheuk » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:59 pm

Hi,

I got my OCI documents back to HCI, London and would like to collect that.
I applied under family application (2 adults + 2 children). If I want to send my passports through post, do I need to send 4 different special delivery covers for 4 passports or will one special delivery is enough?

And please could you let me know the timeline for collecting them by post?

Thanks in advance,
Ramesh.E

GBINR

Re: OCI Collection

Post by GBINR » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:39 am

ramesheuk wrote:Hi,

I got my OCI documents back to HCI, London and would like to collect that.
I applied under family application (2 adults + 2 children). If I want to send my passports through post, do I need to send 4 different special delivery covers for 4 passports or will one special delivery is enough?

And please could you let me know the timeline for collecting them by post?

Thanks in advance,
Ramesh.E
Actually speaking Royal Mail has to be worried about the weight and if it is more they would charge you. To avoid risk, in my case, for me and my daughter I sent just 1 SDE and I got it back without any issues with both of our PP + 2 OCI booklets.

So in your case you can send 2 SDE. However if you feel that 4 PP + 4 OCI documents willbe under 500g, you can use 1 SDE. But if I were you, I would use 2 SDEs.

I can give timeline in my case.
Passports sent by post/SDE, for OCI Collection on - 28/12/2011
Passports reached OCI London on - 29/12/2011
OCI along with passports received on - 04/01/2012

ramesheuk

Mistake in OCI card

Post by ramesheuk » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:01 pm

Hi,

Thanks GBINR

We are able to collect our OCI cards along with stamps but found a mistake in my son's OCI Card.

In the place of Nationality, it mentioned as 'IND' instead of 'GBR'. Please could any one advice me how to correct this?

Thanks in advance.

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:04 pm

rameshuk, i had the same problem with my OCI. They did Misc service correct and put the observation in my passport. I submitted OCI card in the morning at HCI London and collected with observation in the evening. It costs just under £10

srdanda
Newly Registered

Post by srdanda » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:05 am

update!!
acknowledged on 08/12/11 ( applied in person @ birmingham)
photo/signature scan on 16/02/12
OCI granted on 17/02/12
documents printed on 21/02/12.
not dispatched from delhi yet.

nchowdhury wrote:Nothing yet, everday I check on their site it says under process. As I said earlier they said it will take 14 to 16 weeks at the moment, therefore no choice, got to wait.
Regards.
NChowdhury.
srdanda wrote:exactly 2 months from the date of acknowledgement. no updates online. tried to ring them the other day. number continuously engaged.
did you get yours?
nchowdhury wrote:

Regards
N. Chowdhury

ramesheuk

Post by ramesheuk » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:56 am

vipul1981 wrote:rameshuk, i had the same problem with my OCI. They did Misc service correct and put the observation in my passport. I submitted OCI card in the morning at HCI London and collected with observation in the evening. It costs just under £10
Thanks Vipul,

Do we need to take any documentation with us for this? And is there any form to fill?

Can any one go for this or should it to be only parent?

Thanks in advance.

nchowdhury

Post by nchowdhury » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:17 pm

Thats good news.
Hope mine should be done next week or so looking at the time scale.

Have you decided to go in person to collect or through post.
Regards
N. Chowdhury
srdanda wrote:update!!
OCI granted on 17/02/12

nchowdhury wrote:Nothing yet, everday I check on their site it says under process. As I said earlier they said it will take 14 to 16 weeks at the moment, therefore no choice, got to wait.
Regards.
NChowdhury.
did you get yours?
nchowdhury wrote:

Regards
N. Chowdhury

srdanda
Newly Registered

Post by srdanda » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:51 pm

dispatched from delhi: 24/02/12
i will send two special delivery envelopes ( for 4 members).
more than likely yours will be done next week.

nchowdhury wrote:Thats good news.
Hope mine should be done next week or so looking at the time scale.

Have you decided to go in person to collect or through post.
Regards
N. Chowdhury
srdanda wrote:update!!
OCI granted on 17/02/12

Regards.
NChowdhury.
did you get yours?

vgvirgo
Newly Registered

OCI Timeline

Post by vgvirgo » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:17 pm

Applied in Person at HCI LONDON on 14Feb2012
Acknowledged on 14 Feb 2012
Photos/Signature scanned on 15 Feb 2012
Granted on 15 Feb 2012
Printed on 16 Feb 2012
Dispatched on 22 Feb 2012
Received at HCI, London on 24 Feb 2012

londonfemale
Newly Registered

OCI

Post by londonfemale » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:38 pm

Hi
could someone tell us how many photocopies we need to submit for OCI ?
We will be very thankful if someone who recently applied can answer.

vjhunt
Newly Registered

Arrival at HCI London

Post by vjhunt » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:36 pm

Hi members,

Can someone suggest me what time someone should be at the token counter to be served at earliest possible. Just wish to know around what time people start piling up token window. In addition, how many copies of OCI form are required.

Any comments much appreciated.

londonfemale
Newly Registered

Post by londonfemale » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:11 pm

Only 1 copy required and get there by 9 am .There aren't long queues and there are 2 counters for submission of OCI applications.So if you are in by 9 you will be out before 11. Hope this help.

vjhunt
Newly Registered

Post by vjhunt » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:21 am

londonfemale wrote:Only 1 copy required and get there by 9 am .There aren't long queues and there are 2 counters for submission of OCI applications.So if you are in by 9 you will be out before 11. Hope this help.
Thanks indeed Londonfemale for the information.

Cheers

dhana
Newly Registered

please help

Post by dhana » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:52 pm

The website says that my OCI documents are received at London. How do I collect them. Is there a time for collection or I can walk-in any time of the day.
Pls help

vjhunt
Newly Registered

OCI Document collection

Post by vjhunt » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:14 pm

I've recently been to HCI London. What I have gathered is, you need to be there in the morning around 8:30 to submit your passport so that they can put OCI sticker on it. There is a separate Window to submit the passports for OCI sticker. I think you do not need to join the token queue to submit the passport. Just jump the queue and submit the passport. After submission, you can collect the passport in the second half of the day around 4 pm.

Alternatively, you may send your passport via post with self addressed special delivery envelop and after stamping they would send your passport to you.

All the best.

Panesar

Post by Panesar » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:04 pm

You can collect after 4pm.

tintin

Post by tintin » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:12 pm

Quick question:

When you send your OCI application by post, how long does it take for the tracking information to be available online on the MEA website?

My wife's application was delivered to HCI more than a week agao, but still there is no tracking information i.e. it says 'Application not yet acknowledged or wrong passport number'.

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:05 pm

Family Application for Mother & Infant
Applied in Person at HCI LONDON on 5th March 2012
Acknowledged on 5th March 2012
Photos/Signature scanned on 6th March 2012
Granted on 6th March 2012
Printed on 7th March 2012
Dispatched on 9th March 2012
Received at HCI, London on 15th March 2012
Colltodos in person on 16th March 2012

Really impressed with the speed
Last edited by vipul1981 on Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

drwho
Newly Registered

Post by drwho » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:33 pm

postal application HCI london.

application sent by special delivery on 6/2/2012
Reached HCI london on 7/2/2012 (via royal mail website)
Date of acknowledgement : 21/2/2012
Photo/Signate Scanned : 21/2/2012
Registration granted : 22/2/2012
Documents printed : 22/2/2012
Dispatched from Delhi : 27/2/2012
Documents Recd London : 2/3/2012

I am planning to collect it in person in a few days.

Troops
Newly Registered

Recent Time line for OCI application in Birmingham CGI

Post by Troops » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:26 am

Hi,

Does anyone know the current time line for OCI applications in Birmingham CGI? I will be applying for my OCI in second week of April and planning to fly to India on 22nd July. Just wanted to know what chances I have of getting the OCI stamped or will i need to apply for Visa to travel to India ? Please can the board members share their experience or post the current time line for OCI approvals in Birmingham.

Thanks.