ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

surname mistake on Dependent Biometric enrolment letter

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rvegesna
Newly Registered

Post by rvegesna » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:23 pm

Hi There,
I would like to know if any one had the experience with wrong surname on dependent biometric enrolment letter for Tier 1 General extension (postal).

After my marriage, I have changed my wife's surname to my surname in her passport and that information will be only refelected on 1st/2nd page of the passport but not at the last page of the passport.

Unfortunately on her biometric enrolment letter they've given her maiden name instead of changed surname.

I've received the letters on 18th Feb (dated 16th Feb) which is saturday and I called home office on monday to update her surname and they said they will send a new letter with her new surname.

I am still waiting and I am not sure how many days it will take to get that updated letter. I already booked the appointment on 7th March but Home office recommended to wait for the letter and book an appointment.

Please let me know if any of them had similar experience.

1. Current vignette: Tier 1 (General)
2. Date of expiry of current leave: 02 March 2012
3. Number of Dependents: 2
4. Date application posted: 14/01/2012 - Saturday (Royalmail special delivery)
5. Date application received at UKBA: 16/01/2012 - Monday
6. Date payment debited: Same day
7. Payment mode : Postal Orders
8. Acknowledgement letter received: 21/01/2012 (dated 18/01/2012)
9. Biometric letter received: 18/02/2011 (dated 16/02/2012)
10. Date of Biometrics enrolment : 07 March 2012
11. Date Passport & documents received: PENDING
12. Date BRP received: PENDING

Thanks,

Reddevil12

Post by Reddevil12 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:31 pm

@rvegesna

As you have already contacted UKBA and informed them about the change in Surname you should be ok. If fortune is in your side then you would receive the letter well before 7'th March as you have already requested them. But in worst case if they do delay it. Then you might need to re-book your biometrics appointment. Also can you please let me know the PEO location - 7'th Mar slot that you have managed to book. Wish you all the best for the letter and application.
Fighting spirit never fails

rvegesna
Newly Registered

Post by rvegesna » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:10 am

PEO location is Liverpool.

on the first biometric letter they mentioned as below

My personal details are incorrect on this letter, what should i do?

It is important you check that your name, date of birth and nationality on this letter are correct.If any of the details are incorrect you must call the Immigration Enquiry Bureau on 0870 606 7766 before you attend your appointment.

Please note we will only change your details on our system once the passport has been checked.

Based on the above statement Do I really need to wait for new letter?
If I have to wait and if I don't receive the letter before 7th Match, can they allow me and my daughter to give biometric details?

Thanks,

viki83

Post by viki83 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:03 am

Can you please confirm if you received just one case ID in biometric letter or separate for you and each dependent ?

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:09 am

dependents have a different case ID, however the letter states that you need to book an appointment 'together'

viki83

Post by viki83 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:15 am

what is the risk if someone books separate appointments for each of them ??? as currently there is a wait of 6 weeks for family appointment and 1 week for sole appointments...i know many people who did that...its not perfect but do you think its such a severe thing that could cause rejection of visa...worst that could happen is a waste of one week...and rebooking...

rvegesna
Newly Registered

Post by rvegesna » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:11 pm

Yes, I've received 3 different case IDs.

I spoke to UKBA customer support today and they said my wife's updated letter was processed on their system on Wednesday, and hopefully I could receive by this weekend or early next week.

from the conversation, as I already booked on 7th March for Biometric at Liverpool, if I don't receive my wife letter before, still I could go and give mine & my daughters biometric at liverpool. And my wife could give her biometirc alone after she received her letter.

Thanks,

viki83

Post by viki83 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:18 pm

Thanks rvegesna. That's helpful to know.

Just one more thing, did you receive one letter and 3 different case ids or 3 separate letters. Also if its one letter having all 3 case ids, there must be a place for writing in BRN number manually. Is it only one box or 3 boxes ?

As I am willing to take risk after I get my letter probably in the next 40 days or so, to make separate appointments for me and my 3 dependants.

rvegesna
Newly Registered

Post by rvegesna » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:00 pm

3 separate letters for 3 applicants(1 main 2 dependant).

rvegesna
Newly Registered

Post by rvegesna » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:54 pm

viki,

I also tempted to book separate appointments as the croydon PEO has slots for next Tuesday (6th March) only with no dependants) , but I asked UKBA about this separate appointments, and they didn't say "NO" but said they wouldn't recommend.

we only know if some one did it before and PEO accepted their separate appointments.

Thanks.

viki83

Post by viki83 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:31 pm

I don't have much option as I have already booked tickets for june which are almost non-refundable so I am willing to take a risk as there is not way I would receive a letter before end of this month and checking every hour everyday, either there are no family appointments or every night at 12:10 new slots become available 6 weeks ahead, so considering this I receive letter on 1st April, I will get family appt mid may, there is no way I would get my application processed in 1 or 2 week. Whereas, you can book sole applicant appointment withing next 4-5 days, even If I go and the deny, I would lose 4 more days and obvious in both situations, I would have to cancel my flight.

So its not a very big gamble. What a ridiculous system as clearly sole applicants appointments must be going wasted as 90% people prefer post office. I know its not ideal / preferable option but I am willing to try.

viki83

Post by viki83 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:33 pm

rvegesna wrote:viki,

I also tempted to book separate appointments as the croydon PEO has slots for next Tuesday (6th March) only with no dependants) , but I asked UKBA about this separate appointments, and they didn't say "NO" but said they wouldn't recommend.

we only know if some one did it before and PEO accepted their separate appointments.

Thanks.
Can you please clarify what exactly they said ? Did they sound like it would cause a straight away rejection of application, was it a big NO or it seemed not ideal but can be done :)