ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CAN I HAVE TWO ONLINE APPOINTMENTS AT DIFFERENT PEOS ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ibeny1978
Newly Registered

CAN I HAVE TWO ONLINE APPOINTMENTS AT DIFFERENT PEOS ?

Post by ibeny1978 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:12 pm

i would really appreciate if u can reply me with an answer.
i was trying to book an appointment for 4 weeks, luckly i got it done today.
but i booked two appointments on same day with different usernames , WILL IT BE A PROBLEM, DO UKBA WILL CANCELL MY BOOKINGS ? should i cancel one of them now.

I BOOKED AT SHEFFIELD AND GLASGOW. i have all my earnings overseas , so which peo is better in case they need to verify my earnings and get an early response. i have heard sheffield is the one doing verifications.?

thanks .

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Re: CAN I HAVE TWO ONLINE APPOINTMENTS AT DIFFERENT PEOS ?

Post by pgaitonde » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:24 pm

ibeny1978 wrote:i would really appreciate if u can reply me with an answer.
but i booked two appointments on same day with different usernames , WILL IT BE A PROBLEM, DO UKBA WILL CANCELL MY BOOKINGS ? should i cancel one of them now.

I BOOKED AT SHEFFIELD AND GLASGOW. i have all my earnings overseas , so which peo is better in case they need to verify my earnings and get an early response. i have heard sheffield is the one doing verifications.?

thanks .
No need of cancelling it. You can have as many appointments u want for different locations and different dates. UKBA doesnt cancel any appointment on their own until you do so

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:44 pm

If you won't need one of the appointments, why don't you just cancel the other one. Obviously you don't need both of them and the slot could be freed up for someone else.

In regards to which PEO is better, all PEO's in my opinion should be offering the similar service, so not so sure of what you mean by "which is better". In addition, as long as your earnings are overseas, there is a high probability that it would be kept longer for further verification and you probably will not get a decision on the same day.

Kind Regards

ibeny1978
Newly Registered

Post by ibeny1978 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:52 pm

thanks for ur response.
the thing is i have read in many posts that they send application to sheffield for further verification , so if i am anticipating further verification, so why not to submit my application at sheffield and to avoid the time required for transferring my application to sheffield by other peo.

thanks.

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:03 pm

I understand your point now.

Based on that, then maybe Sheffield would probably be the best option for you.

Just remember that even though you have a PEO appointment and choose Sheffield, the visa may still not get approved on the same day.

Best of luck and kind regards

black7

Re: CAN I HAVE TWO ONLINE APPOINTMENTS AT DIFFERENT PEOS ?

Post by black7 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:08 pm

ibeny1978 wrote:i would really appreciate if u can reply me with an answer.

thanks .
I am trying to get a PEO appointment without any luck, what time of the day u booked ur appointment??

Regards

Reddevil12

Post by Reddevil12 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:07 pm

Can you please let me know when did you book your appointment & the date on which you got these appointments booked. Becos i'm struggling really hard to get the slots .. Do let us know around what time you tried to book these slots .. It could be really helpful for people like me.
Fighting spirit never fails

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:14 pm

ibeny1978 wrote:thanks for ur response.
the thing is i have read in many posts that they send application to sheffield for further verification , so if i am anticipating further verification, so why not to submit my application at sheffield and to avoid the time required for transferring my application to sheffield by other peo.

thanks.
If you are anticipating further verifcation - why are you applying at the PEO in the first place? Whether you apply at Sheffield or Glasgow, if your case required further verification, they will not be able to make a decision on the day. As I am sure you have gathered, many people are struggling to get appointments, so as a matter of courtesy to others, I would suggest cancelling one of the appts as soon as possible.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:28 pm

Further to your PM - if you apply after 6th April, you will pay the new fees regardless of when you booked the appointment

black7

Post by black7 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:48 pm

I got PEO appointment today, after much strugle, I think the trick is to call them early in the morning, as I believe that new appointment are released some time in the night.

Regards

Reddevil12

Post by Reddevil12 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:17 pm

@Black7

Can you please let me know when did you manage to book your PEO appointment. I mean d date on which you got your slot booked. Thanks

black7

Post by black7 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:45 pm

Hi Reddevil,
I booked appointment today and I got for 11th April at Cardiff
Regards

Reddevil12

Post by Reddevil12 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:59 pm

Thanks for your prompt response. Looks like its really hard to get hold of slots these days. Anyways, all the best to you

zayedshah

Post by zayedshah » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:11 pm

RedDevil, have you tried booking at 12 midnight? There is a post - look up.

Dwhsrinath
Newly Registered

Post by Dwhsrinath » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:24 pm

HI ibeny1978

Could you let the forum members know when exactly( time in minutes and seconds) you are releasing/cancelling the other appointment so that it can be used by any needy member.

I got the appointment same way as one of friend had got two appointments and he was on call with me when he cancelled it and i tried at the same time and got his appointment.

Cheers
Srinath

jubx2
Newly Registered

Biometric appointment for 13 March

Post by jubx2 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:54 am

I managed to book two online biometric appointments with 1 dependant at different PEOs as well. I went to one already this morning so I will cancel my other appointment for 13 March at 2:50pm at Cardiff within the next 10 minutes. Hopefully one of you can use it.

Cheers

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:00 pm

This is the irony of using the online appointment system. People who need the appointments don't get any and there are others who get two and in some cases, even don't cancel the second appointment if they are not using it.

In my opinion, the PEO additional fee should be charged at the time of booking and hence no one would book additional appointments.
Give me more Karma (+)

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:34 pm

QuickSam wrote:This is the irony of using the online appointment system. People who need the appointments don't get any and there are others who get two and in some cases, even don't cancel the second appointment if they are not using it.

In my opinion, the PEO additional fee should be charged at the time of booking and hence no one would book additional appointments.
i agree - the system should not permit an applicant to have more than one appointment at the same time.

ScopeD
Member of Standing

Post by ScopeD » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:08 pm

QuickSam wrote:This is the irony of using the online appointment system. People who need the appointments don't get any and there are others who get two and in some cases, even don't cancel the second appointment if they are not using it.

Makes sense. I agree too.

jubx2
Newly Registered

Post by jubx2 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:56 pm

ScopeD wrote:

I agree too but the whole biometrics process has been a bit convoluted and ridiculous. In my opinion the biometrics should be taken before you can even submit your application, which is what we did when we initially applied for Tier 1 outside of the UK.

If I had the choice I would have rather not clogged up the appointment system but because I applied with my partner together (2 adults, no kids), we were considered a "family" and could not get our biometrics taken at a Post Office. Instead we had to travel to a PEO outside of London and take time off work for what is essentially 10-20 minute process. It's ridiculous.

Home Office is charging exorbitant visa fees (with further increases in April) and now it expects us to incur incredible expense to travel far and wide across the UK just to get our biometrics taken! This is as far as Belfast which is laughable because how can Home Office expect foreigners to get there without a passport?

Now I am hearing rumours that Home Office may be scrapping the BRP system entirely and reverting back to visas in passports.

The irony never ceases to amaze me when it comes to the Home Office. It's not just irony. It's madness.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:13 pm

Agreed .... but I still can't understand the 2 appointment thing.
Give me more Karma (+)

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:14 pm

jubx2 wrote:
ScopeD wrote:

I agree too but the whole biometrics process has been a bit convoluted and ridiculous. In my opinion the biometrics should be taken before you can even submit your application, which is what we did when we initially applied for Tier 1 outside of the UK.

If I had the choice I would have rather not clogged up the appointment system but because I applied with my partner together (2 adults, no kids), we were considered a "family" and could not get our biometrics taken at a Post Office. Instead we had to travel to a PEO outside of London and take time off work for what is essentially 10-20 minute process. It's ridiculous.

Home Office is charging exorbitant visa fees (with further increases in April) and now it expects us to incur incredible expense to travel far and wide across the UK just to get our biometrics taken! This is as far as Belfast which is laughable because how can Home Office expect foreigners to get there without a passport?

Now I am hearing rumours that Home Office may be scrapping the BRP system entirely and reverting back to visas in passports.

The irony never ceases to amaze me when it comes to the Home Office. It's not just irony. It's madness.
I agree there are problems with the biometric enrolment system particularly the delays applicants have experienced recently - we can only assume this is primarily due to a panic (some unncessary) but applicants to apply before changes in April and also problems with the online booking system.

You are not expected to travel to Belfast or indeed to travel to the opposite end of the country - you can take a later date at a closer PEO if you wish.

Requiring applicants to give biometrics before they apply would not work - this could mean that an applicant would be unable to make his application before his leave expires. There would also be more people give biometrics resulting in longer waiting times - because at the moment an applicant only gives biometrics if their application is valid.

Where have you heard rumours that they are scrapping the BRP system - I very much doubt this to be the case given the fact that they have just rolled it out to almost all applications.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:20 pm

There is also a possibility of having BRP's for ILR ....
Give me more Karma (+)

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:22 pm

QuickSam wrote:There is also a possibility of having BRP's for ILR ....
it's not a possibility - all applicants for ILR after 29th Feb need to apply for a BRP as part of their application. This is probably another reason for the delays - the fact that biometrics has been rolled out to almost every application.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:28 pm

Makes sense.... so if a person having BRP applies for ILR, would he need to provide biometrics again?
Give me more Karma (+)