ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric appt - travelling to belfast without passport / ID

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

viki83

Biometric appt - travelling to belfast without passport / ID

Post by viki83 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:04 pm

does anyone know how can I travel to Belfast from england without my passport or ID as i have already applied and don't have any ID ??? Please I am desperate to find some way...i know flights is impossible as they ask for IDs even for local travel these days....i am not sure about ferry...currently Belfast is easiest to get an appointment.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:18 pm

if you have already applied, why are you trying to go to Belfast to apply?

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:37 pm

sorry - I misread the title of your thread - you have already applied and you are booking a biometric appointment.

you need a passport to travel on a domestic flight as proof of ID.

a quick look at direct ferries (who have trips to Belfast) suggests that you will need some form of ID, it may differ depending on the ferry company.

http://www.directferries.co.uk/faq/faq_ ... uments.htm

change the question to 'do i need a passport for domestic travel'

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:43 pm

I believe for travelling within the country by air, you need to provide any valid UK photo ID.
double check that with the airline before booking tickets though
Manka

viki83

Post by viki83 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:44 pm

the only reason I wanted to book appointment in belfast is there aren't any appointments avialable anywhere else in UK since they have upgraded their systems. I don't know how other people are booking online BRP appoitnments with dependants. The system shows nothing anywhere.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:46 pm

viki83 wrote:the only reason I wanted to book appointment in belfast is there aren't any appointments avialable anywhere else in UK since they have upgraded their systems. I don't know how other people are booking online BRP appoitnments with dependants. The system shows nothing anywhere.
what option are you selecting when you attempt to book the appt?

viki83

Post by viki83 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:53 pm

Tier 1 General, 3 dependants, No to premium...can you see any appointments anywhere in UK ?

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:02 pm

Check Cardiff, Sheffield and Glasgow.

A friend booked an appointment at Cardiff yesterday for Biometrics.
Give me more Karma (+)

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:08 pm

You must need passport. U can show other ID (e.g., Driving Licence) in the airlines. But not a safe option. I travelled few times from London to Belfast just showing the driving Licence.

However, sometimes immigration police create problem without passport. I had this problem. I was travelling from Cardiff to London. I shown the driving licence instead of passport. Police took me to another place from the boarding queue and asked different questions and passport. Fortunately, I had the passport with me.

One of my friend was travelling from London to Belfast by bus. He faced the same porblem. He had the photocopy of the passport but he was taken off from bus for interrogation. The bus left the place without him. Finally, he was released but had to hire a taxi to go to belfast.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:16 pm

viki83 wrote:Tier 1 General, 3 dependants, No to premium...can you see any appointments anywhere in UK ?
it's probably because you have 3 dependents. I don't have a log in for the online system so can't tell you.

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:46 pm

QuickSam wrote:Check Cardiff, Sheffield and Glasgow.

A friend booked an appointment at Cardiff yesterday for Biometrics.
Did he book using online system? or Phone?

tier_2_applicant

Post by tier_2_applicant » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:16 pm

The belfast appointment is also gone now.
No appointments available.

Called the UK BA call center. They say they are aware there are no appointments but can't do anything about it.

Reddevil12

Post by Reddevil12 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:49 pm

@QuickSam

Can you please confirm on which date your friend has managed to book his biometrics appointment. Please confirm the date if you could. Thanks
Fighting spirit never fails

viki83

Post by viki83 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:55 pm

seems like booking biometric appt with Dependants is more or less becoming like booking a premium PEO appointment. Its really disheartening for me as I already have flights booked for holiday in June....if you apply with dependents by post, you have to wait 40 days for biometric letter and then about 1.5 - 2 months for appointment or worse no appointment...i dont think so anyone can book an online appointment with Dependants....

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:57 pm

viki83 wrote:seems like booking biometric appt with Dependants is more or less becoming like booking a premium PEO appointment. Its really disheartening for me as I already have flights booked for holiday in June....if you apply with dependents by post, you have to wait 40 days for biometric letter and then about 1.5 - 2 months for appointment or worse no appointment...i dont think so anyone can book an online appointment with Dependants....
Pretty soon they will open up POs for applicants with dependents for biometric as they have added more category of visas that require a BRP

PO option only for sole applicants makes no real sense to me

Also the requirement of an appointment for biometrics at a PEO is meaningless, you should be able to just walk in to any PEO & queue up for biometric
Manka

Reddevil12

Post by Reddevil12 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:27 pm

UKBA online booking site is a big joke when you try to book any appointments. It always comes up with the message there isn't any slots available for the location you have selected. No matter what location you select for PEO and for applicants with dependents there isn't any slots available till May end. Its really looking like a herculean task to get slots for applicants with dependents and for PEO applications :-(

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Reddevil12 wrote:UKBA online booking site is a big joke when you try to book any appointments. It always comes up with the message there isn't any slots available for the location you have selected. No matter what location you select for PEO and for applicants with dependents there isn't any slots available till May end. Its really looking like a herculean task to get slots for applicants with dependents and for PEO applications :-(
Thats a big scam mate, not a joke. all appointments are pre booked by immigration agencies / consultants & then sold to applicants who take up their services at exhorbitant rates, nothing less than £1000 for in person application on top of £1300 charged by UKBA itself

anyone can guess money is exchanged by everyone involved except the applicant of course who pays through the nose
Manka

viki83

Post by viki83 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:18 pm

Reddevil12 wrote:UKBA online booking site is a big joke when you try to book any appointments. It always comes up with the message there isn't any slots available for the location you have selected. No matter what location you select for PEO and for applicants with dependents there isn't any slots available till May end. Its really looking like a herculean task to get slots for applicants with dependents and for PEO applications :-(
:( you're really giving me a heart attack...where did you find out that no slots till end of may for dependants ??? i have been checking all day and so far no appointments there....i have tried every hour since this morning...where did you see may appts availability ?

do you think there is any hope as they are increasing post offices so they might add Dependants to it ?? how on earth will they manage all applications since today everyone needs biometric...

ashehzi

Post by ashehzi » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:42 pm

yeah it does like a challengng task to book an appointment.

As you said you have to book an appointment for yourself and two dependents (same case like mine) have you got 3 BRNs or just one? to get an appointment, as given for postal applications.

BRN = Biometric Reference Number

viki83

Post by viki83 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:46 pm

just one ref...have you got 3 refs...u are lucky man...do u also have barcode reader for all 3...

Reddevil12

Post by Reddevil12 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:55 pm

@Viki

You can select the date period when looking for the slots online. For which you would be given chance to check for the slots availability from the day you are booking to 90 days. So for example, if you select Mar1 as the start date then you would be given the max end date till last week of May. I did tried looking for the slots from 1'st Mar to 29'th May and of no use. You can try your luck as well.

ashehzi

Post by ashehzi » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:58 pm

just one ref...have you got 3 refs...u are lucky man...do u also have barcode reader for all 3...
I haven't applied yet and plannng to do so in next few days. I was just checking the possibilities. One can find appointment as Tier-1 or Tier-1 PBS dependent, but not as Tier-1 with 1-2 dependents :(

Reddevil12

Post by Reddevil12 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:01 pm

No matter how many dependents you have for your biometrics. You just need to select the type as Tier-1 General and then you would be given chance to select 'Yes' or 'No' for Premium service for which you need to select 'No' for booking biometrics and then you would given chance to select the number of dependents.

ashehzi

Post by ashehzi » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:38 pm

Reddevil12 wrote:No matter how many dependents you have for your biometrics. You just need to select the type as Tier-1 General and then you would be given chance to select 'Yes' or 'No' for Premium service for which you need to select 'No' for booking biometrics and then you would given chance to select the number of dependents.
yeah thats what we are trying and atleast i cannot find any appointment till end of May.

ashehzi

Post by ashehzi » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:50 pm

i was just wondering if someone couldn't get an appointment within 15 days, even though he had been trying via online services and by telephone, how can one tell UKBA that he had been trying but couldn't get a single date?

if you cound't get even a single appointment within 15 days, then its not your fault...