ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

citizenship timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hen76
Newly Registered

citizenship timeline

Post by hen76 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:16 am

hi all,
my application has taken too long,
I applied for british citizen in september 2011 and i haven't had any answer yet, can someone help please, i called HO I was told to wait 6 month, it is now 6 month still no answer, why do you think this is happening, i know a lots of people got their approval within 3 month. anyone with the same situation please help very frustrating. thanks

cricinfo

Re: citizenship timeline

Post by cricinfo » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:10 am

hen76 wrote:hi all,
my application has taken too long,
I applied for british citizen in september 2011 and i haven't had any answer yet, can someone help please, i called HO I was told to wait 6 month, it is now 6 month still no answer, why do you think this is happening, i know a lots of people got their approval within 3 month. anyone with the same situation please help very frustrating. thanks
Sam_London received his approval after 9 months and Camellia's husband received approval after 11 months so this happens in some cases without any specific reason i guess. You can ask your MP to write to HO, this may speed up processing in your case as this has worked for some users.

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:37 am

hen76

Sept 2011 that is going to be 6 months soon.

my recomendation is to give it a few more weeks until you reach your 6 month so you can write to them and start to push it through your MP

From my understanding to the time line in here is that a lot of inconsistency exists.

as some people got their decision whitin 4-5 weeks only,a few others waited +9months

the average of waiting times is about 3 Months time +/- 2 weeks

totally depends on how lucky you are I guess.

Good luck

hen76
Newly Registered

Post by hen76 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:01 am

Thank you, just can't understand why it takes this long to give an answer. Do they need to check internationally? Or is it because I have lived in uk over 15 years and they need to more checks. I have worked all over my life paid taxes and full filed all requirements. Just frustrated and makes me think have I done something wrong.

Sam_London

Post by Sam_London » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:42 pm

Hen,

Dont waste your time thinking about the reason. They are over stretched and any additional checks will severely delay the application. We have seen a lot of delays in recent times and applications are taking much longer than before. A year ago 4-5 months was so long. Now, applicants are expecting to wait for that long as normal waiting. If you havent done something serious in your life and didn't break the law then you have nothing to worry about. They just need to make sure that its the case for your application with slow background checks. My advice (having waited for 9 months) is to forget about it. Once you get to 6 months, write to your MP, and write to them once a month. Just to remind them of yourself.

Good luck!

Sam

hen76
Newly Registered

Post by hen76 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:25 am

hi sam, you don,t have to answer this but was there any reason for your application being delayed anything you were aware of.

hen76
Newly Registered

Post by hen76 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:26 am

apologies i forgot to thank you earlier

Sam_London

Post by Sam_London » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:06 pm

They told me nothing. They didn't contact me for any additional information nor they've contacted my referees. When my MP called them, they've told him that this is normal and some application can take a little bit longer than six months. My lawyer was told the same, but he pushed them with a letter every four weeks past the six months.

I have had a recent first name change. That's the only abnormal thing about the application and I don't think it justifies the 9 months wait. I thought it was my country of origin, but I've met someone from the same country who had received a decision in under four months. My main concern was that the application had been lost or stuck between departments.

I went through some terrible time thinking of what I could have done in my life to cause them to take this long to decide :) From the looks of things, some applications need to go through extra checks and these are so low priority and takes ages to get an answer on.

Again, they could do everyone a favour if they provide some sort of a timeline, rather than letting applicants have unhappy calls with their call centre staff. The call centre staff have no idea whats going on and that's why they sound stressed out when you speak to them- they really can't help you :) so they aren't in a good place themselves. They are based somewhere completely different to the case working team and calling them doesn't alert the the case worker or flag your application to the back office.

I really won't worry until your application crosses 6 months from the date of them receiving it. Even after then, no need to stress, just make sure you follow up with them in writing (so it would go on your physical file) periodically (every 4-6 weeks). Pushing the guys on the phone doesn't do you any good.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

hen76
Newly Registered

Post by hen76 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:05 pm

sam London. I don't have enough words to thank you for your help information. Thank you so much. I will take your advise and wait. The funny thing is my kids are British and when I did thief application it only took 4 weeks to get an answer. Can I ask your advise what letter I should write to them. If you can help me what I should put on the letter. I don't want to sound angry or begging for it. I just thought if you let me know the most proffesional way of communicating with them without being too demanding or aggressive. Thanks

Sam_London

Post by Sam_London » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:32 am

Same here. My son was born British. Travelling was a nightmare on different passports.

Make the letter short, simple and very polite. Remember its not a compliant letter, you're just following up on your application. Write something in the lines of you hoping that your application is getting all the support it needs and you hope it won't be long before you receive a decision on your case.

You are being granted a citizenship and they need to make sure they are making the right decision, so months of delay is nothing in HO time.

You will get it, its just a matter of time. I've not seen anyone getting refused here, except the obvious cases like staying out of the country or having a conviction etc.

You can make the wait very painful for yourself. So my advice is to just ignore the whole thing and get on with your life.

hen76
Newly Registered

Post by hen76 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:55 pm

thanks sam, i just have wait and get on with my life.

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:32 pm

hen76

Other thing you might consider doing which might accelerate your case is:

if you have applied through POST give them a ring and request your documents to be sent back to you - if they have already scaned them

this way you can remind them with your case and the might send you a decision a long with your Doc

at least one or two members in here have done same thing and it worked.

Good Luck

hen76
Newly Registered

Post by hen76 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:42 pm

hi Blackhole,

thank you so much, unfortunately I applied through NCS, all documents were copied when I applied back in september, what is the address i need to write to them?
I heard writing a letter to them will speed up the application. tomorrow will be exactly 6 month.

please let me know if you know the address to write to.

thanks

Blackhole

Post by Blackhole » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:20 am

hen76 wrote:hi Blackhole,

thank you so much, unfortunately I applied through NCS, all documents were copied when I applied back in september, what is the address i need to write to them?
I heard writing a letter to them will speed up the application. tomorrow will be exactly 6 month.

please let me know if you know the address to write to.

thanks

hen76

all what you need is already in your aknowledgment letter

Reference number plus the address, you can attach a copy of this aknowlegment letter with your letter

if you havenot received the aknow- letter then give them a ring and request another one to be sent

I have done the same last week, was told it is been requested and I will have it shortly

was thinking that it might accelerate my DOC; just a try!

Good luck mate

london11
Newly Registered

Post by london11 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:15 pm

HI
Does any one know why HO taking so long for citizenships applications?Iapplied for citizenship last middle of Aug 2011.its more then 6 months now but i havent heard anything from HO yet.although i have called HO couple of time and perhaps you all know the answer :) is any one there sailing in my boat?

shiva11
Newly Registered

Post by shiva11 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:35 am

[quote="london11"]HI
Does any one know why HO taking so long for citizenships applications?Iapplied for citizenship last middle of Aug 2011.its more then 6 months now but i havent heard anything from HO yet.although i have called HO couple of time and perhaps you all know the answer :) is any one there sailing in my boat?[/quote]

Have you changed ur name or changed ur address in the last 3 years or near ...? any changes happened in ur circumstance recently ?

Regard
Shiva11

london11
Newly Registered

Post by london11 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:00 am

Hi
this morning i called HO to find out about updates of my case and was told that my case has not been allocated to case worker yet,and the checks are beeing made,
can anyone plz tell me is it a normal thing or? ....coz im getting worried now its more then 6 months now.