ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

genious

Applying for ILR

Post by genious » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:23 am

Hi Everyone,

i have in person appointment on 7th of march based on WP.

i have booked my appointment 6 weeks ago. as of from 29 Feb biometric cards are being issued.

1) Do i need to book separate appointment for biometric or it will be taken at PO.

2). my 2 depends will also apply with me. they came to uk 15 months ago. do they qualify with me.

thanks,

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:29 am

2. Yes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

man4uni

Post by man4uni » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:12 pm

For Question 1 - I think you need to provide us with the information as you are among one of the first to apply after 29 Feb when biometric cards are issued.

Good Luck :)

genious

Post by genious » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:52 pm

vinny wrote:2. Yes.
thanks vinny.

new guidelines says that BRP for in person appointments will be taken at the same time and for postal application, applicants have to book post office appointment after they receive a letter from PO.

anyone applied after 28 feb can give us his/her experience.

thanks,

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:00 pm

I have seen one Thread of a person applied after the 29th. My understanding is that if you apply on premium service, they will take your biometrics and if approved you will get a letter confirming that you were issued ILR. They will not issue the BRP on the day but it will be posted to you after 7 days. Let me look around the other posts and I will link that persons experience to your thread.
Just to warn you, do not arrange any overseas travel as you will not get the BRP instantly

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:02 pm