ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

91 days absence out of UK - Please help!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nvr
Newly Registered

91 days absence out of UK - Please help!!

Post by nvr » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:32 pm

Hi Experts

Iam going to apply for ILR under HSMP JR but unfortunately i Was out of UK for 91 days between 18th August 2007 to 18th November 2007. Which includes 5 weeks annual leave then I fell ill and produced medical note from India with that employer was happy and got paid for sick holiday. On the way back to UK due to adverse conditions in Dubai all flights were stopped for nearly delayed by 17hours and I reached UK 18th Nov'07 instead of 17th Nov.

So I have evidence of bank statements that shows I got paid for those 3 months but payslips are missing. Can you please advise whether I can attend for ILR without payslips or do I need to produce a covering letter from the employer to expalain the above situation? My ILR is @ Solihull on 5th March which is in 2 days time. Please help..

Thanks
VN

Smallfamily

Re: 91 days absence out of UK - Please help!!

Post by Smallfamily » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:11 pm

To be on a safe side just get a letter + do take any boarding pass or ur ticket if you still have any to prove that you could have been here before but got delayed due to ur flight delay!

push

Re: 91 days absence out of UK - Please help!!

Post by push » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:37 pm

nvr wrote:Hi Experts

Iam going to apply for ILR under HSMP JR but unfortunately i Was out of UK for 91 days between 18th August 2007 to 18th November 2007. Which includes 5 weeks annual leave then I fell ill and produced medical note from India with that employer was happy and got paid for sick holiday. On the way back to UK due to adverse conditions in Dubai all flights were stopped for nearly delayed by 17hours and I reached UK 18th Nov'07 instead of 17th Nov.

So I have evidence of bank statements that shows I got paid for those 3 months but payslips are missing. Can you please advise whether I can attend for ILR without payslips or do I need to produce a covering letter from the employer to expalain the above situation? My ILR is @ Solihull on 5th March which is in 2 days time. Please help..

Thanks
VN
When did you leave the country? i.e. which date?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

nvr
Newly Registered

Post by nvr » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:55 pm

Hi PUSH,

Thanks for the reply..my outward journey started from London Heathrow 17th Aug 2007 and inward journey reached to LHR 18th Nov 2007. In months it is exactly 3month but in hole days the total comes to 91days (excluding fly in/out dates).

nvr
Newly Registered

Post by nvr » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:46 pm

Hi PUSH,

Thanks for the reply..my outward journey started from London Heathrow 17th Aug 2007 and inward journey reached to LHR 18th Nov 2007. In months it is exactly 3months but in whole days the total comes to 91days (excluding fly in/out dates).

nvr
Newly Registered

Post by nvr » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:02 pm

Now Iam thinking to cancel my appointment for this Monday as Im worried that 91 days out of UK could be a problem.

jaskiratbaweja

Post by jaskiratbaweja » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:35 pm

Please ensure the documentation and employer letter are very thorough and comprehensive and explain in full details why you were away, type of leave etc.

Also ensure you have proof of illness and printouts of emails/communications you had with your employer when you had to delay your trip.

All the best.

push

Post by push » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:40 pm

nvr wrote:Hi PUSH,

Thanks for the reply..my outward journey started from London Heathrow 17th Aug 2007 and inward journey reached to LHR 18th Nov 2007. In months it is exactly 3month but in hole days the total comes to 91days (excluding fly in/out dates).
Why are you calculating your absence in days instead of months? Have you seen the Modified Guidance?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

nvr
Newly Registered

Post by nvr » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:21 pm

Thanks for your time jaskiratbaweja and push.

@jaskiratbaweja - yes, I already printed off email communication and medical notes hich I have submitted during my sickness. I also have bank statements to prove that I got paid for those 3 months. But my payslips are missing. I requested my prev employer's HR to send the missing payslips and a cover letter to explain about my annual leave and sickness. They said my payslips are in the post but I have not received yet.

@Push - yes in months it come to 3 months only when exclude my fly out/fly in days. If case worker consider to include these two days it comes around 3 months and 2 days. Thats where iam steping back to attend coming Monday...:(