ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

deleted

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

factone
Newly Registered

deleted

Post by factone » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:45 pm

:lol: :o
Last edited by factone on Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: sweden eu spouse visa and family index problem

Post by ca.funke » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:31 pm

Hi factone,

welcome to the forum :!:

In individual cases I find it easier if you call a spade a spade, i.e. naming all countries and nationalities. I´ll try to simplify/summarise what you ask (correct me if I´m wrong!):

You have
  • a visa-required non-EU national, married to
  • an EU-national (Irish),
  • they have a child (Irish national) together,
  • all of them live outside of the EU and
  • all of them wish to travel to Sweden, for which only the non-EU national needs a (Schengen-)Visa?
If the above assessment is correct, first of all they would technically not need a visa at all. Details >>here<< (Details in Part 2 "EEA family member without Residence Card").

If they live in a bureaucratically horrifying country (I assume they do), it´s better to obtain a visa for the non-EU national, as otherwise they might be denied boarding.

As the spouse of an EU-national it should be very easy to obtain this visa.

I cannot understand why it would be a problem to mention the child in the visa application? After all, only the employees of the embassy would find out about it, so what does that have to do with the country where they´re staying at right now, no matter what the local circumstances?

Later, when travelling, the child would obviously be with them anyway. So why the fuss?

However, the child is of no importance in this case, since the spouse is already an EU-national. The fact that they are spouses is all they have to prove to the embassy, and already the visa cannot be refused.

NB: Depending on where their marriage-certificate is from, they may have to get a hague-apostil and official translations for it to be accepted by the embassy. That´s something you have to figure out :!:

factone
Newly Registered

Post by factone » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:12 pm

hi ca.funke many thanks for reply your assesment is right.
the only problem is if embassy staff who process the application is mainly muslims if they disclose this information to local authorities for verification then the couple will be in trouble as both are in a muslim country and child born before marriage can put them in trouble with police etc.

so they decided to withheld information regarding chilgrens as thier daughter is already eu national and does not require visa.

and its only additional form with schengen visa form .
schengen visa form does not require and of these personal details .

now if some how , embassy find out about that they did not disclose their child can they reuse the visa . or not

as they have been told by someone it will not matter as only applicant and wifes details are important for visa any thing extra can be avoided .
its a bit tricky situation they dont want to take a risk by telling embassy staff .

thanks again

MelC

Post by MelC » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:44 pm

factone, i think you are over thinking this, just because its a Muslim country, the mother is not Muslim? in fact as Irish she is most likely catholic? another religion where a child outside of marriage is not looked upon kindly?
its no-ones business but theirs! not the swedish embassies and certainly not of their staffs, their opinions are not relevant and should not have any bearing anyway.

as ca funke has already very concisely and correctly stated, it is only the Non EU national who needs the visa, and I would agree that although its not specifically required, it is better to have to EXIT some countries rather than its requirement to ENTER an EU/EEA one.

my own husband did have a visa to exit the Muslim country we lived in, the country of his birth, to enter the EU, but we only got it because it made it easier to exit than to enter, and only the marriage certificate is required and the passports for the visa to be issued.

was the child born in the mslim country? if so, the mother should get the child an Irish passport from the nearest irish embassy just to make it easier for the child in the long term as they would be seen to be an EU citizen in their own right!
MelC

factone
Newly Registered

Post by factone » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:17 pm

hi mel c thanks for the reply
child was born in ireland and already got irish passport .
child mum both irish only non eu spouse need visa.
so they will be only giving eu spouse details

wife is converted muslim as well but she converted after birth .
thanks

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:19 pm

The embassy staff should not be releasing information to local authorities. Why do you think this will be happening?

MSH

Post by MSH » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:52 pm

You're being overly paranoid.

The Swedish are sticklers for rules and regulations and no one who wish to remain employed in the service of the Swedish state will blabber about confidential private information given in a visa application..

Tell them to follow the procedure for application given to them by the Swedish embassy to a T and they will be fine.

If they try to 'hide' the fact they have a child together all kinds of red flags will go off for the embassy staff deciding whether or not to issue the visa.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:07 pm

MSH wrote:If they try to 'hide' the fact they have a child together all kinds of red flags will go off for the embassy staff deciding whether or not to issue the visa.
I agree. It is a really bad idea to lie or to mislead in your immigration application, even if you are a family member of an EU citizen.

factone
Newly Registered

Post by factone » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:22 pm

hi many thanks to all who replied couple decided to disclose family info about kids nothing to hide from immigration authorities.

now whats the reputation of sweden for issuing visa under directives for direct family member

is sweden one of the countries who issues visa under directive 2004/38 /ec for eu family members without hassel or gives applicant under bit of tough time for issuing visa for eu family members
thanks

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:51 pm

Sweden is well known for abiding the law, and in general to be pretty immigration-friendly. Considering your friends have a right to go, they should get the visa pretty easily and usually within 15 days at most.

Rgds and good luck,
Christian

factone
Newly Registered

Post by factone » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:28 am

is it necessary to submit hotel reservation for the schengen visa as swedish embassy staff has asked my friends husband to submit the hotel reservation with form as well or your reference person extract of population register {personbevis.
they can provide the hotel reservation but as it says on schengen visa form eu family member do not need to provide it shall they submit it its free to get hotel reservation but v expensive like 245 pounds a day for all family and they are applying visa for 45 days thanks

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:55 pm

factone wrote:is it necessary to submit hotel reservation for the schengen visa as swedish embassy staff has asked my friends husband to submit the hotel reservation with form as well or your reference person extract of population register {personbevis.
they can provide the hotel reservation but as it says on schengen visa form eu family member do not need to provide it shall they submit it its free to get hotel reservation but v expensive like 245 pounds a day for all family and they are applying visa for 45 days thanks
If you are still talking about entry under the directive, then no, they can't ask for that information.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:51 am

A number of these highlighted Schengen documents are very clear that the information they ask for is not needed for family members of an EU citizen: http://eumovement.wordpress.com/other-schengen/

factone
Newly Registered

Post by factone » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:24 pm

many thanks directive 2004/38/ec and EUsmileWEallsmile
after the non eu spouse get the visit visa under directives to accompany Eu spouse .
what sort of ticket family should have to enter the sweden return or single or is it going to be problem for non eu spouse who is visa national to travel on single ticket .
because he will be travelling on visit visa and rest of the family got eu passports.
what if eu nationals travel on single ticket and non eu spouse get the full return ticket to be safe.
or every one has to travel on full return ticket including eu natinals .
thanks again in advance

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:51 pm

factone wrote:many thanks directive 2004/38/ec and EUsmileWEallsmile
after the non eu spouse get the visit visa under directives to accompany Eu spouse .
what sort of ticket family should have to enter the sweden return or single or is it going to be problem for non eu spouse who is visa national to travel on single ticket .
because he will be travelling on visit visa and rest of the family got eu passports.
what if eu nationals travel on single ticket and non eu spouse get the full return ticket to be safe.
or every one has to travel on full return ticket including eu natinals .
thanks again in advance
Not sure what you are asking. If it is a family member of an EU citizen, then I would recommend that both the EU citizen and the family member buy the cheapest possible ticket.

factone
Newly Registered

Post by factone » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:53 am

hi what i am asking is
after getting the visit visa they have to buy a single journey ticket or return ticket to sweden

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:05 am

factone wrote:hi what i am asking is
after getting the visit visa they have to buy a single journey ticket or return ticket to sweden

Are you clear that your family member is perfectly able to stay with you forever in the host member state?

So whatever ticket you buy should be purchased for your own personal reasons. Because it is cheaper or more convenient. Round trip if the family member will be leaving soon or if the ticket is cheaper. And otherwise one way.

factone
Newly Registered

Post by factone » Mon May 14, 2012 3:51 pm

hi thanks in advance my friends non eu spouse has applied for the swedish visa on 2nd of may in 3rd and 4th embassy was off and then 5th 6th satureday sunday .
so application will be processded
from 7th of july .
they put on application expected date of travel to sweden 24th of may and departure date 7th of july .
what happens now will they be granted visa with in 2 weeks or it could take longer and if it takes longer than what date visa will be started and date is v close for travel they attached a letter that they are applying visa under directive 2004/38/ec to accompany eu spouse and they will be travelling together and visashould be issuedon accelerated basis .
and they are going for eu wifes birth day in sweden which falls in june.
thanks

factone
Newly Registered

Post by factone » Mon May 14, 2012 3:54 pm

hi thanks in advance my friends non eu spouse has applied for the swedish visa on 2nd of may in 3rd and 4th embassy was off and then 5th 6th satureday sunday .
so application will be processded
from 7th of july .
they put on application expected date of travel to sweden 24th of may and departure date 7th of july .
what happens now will they be granted visa with in 2 weeks or it could take longer and if it takes longer than what date visa will be started and date is v close for travel they attached a letter that they are applying visa under directive 2004/38/ec to accompany eu spouse and they will be travelling together and visashould be issuedon accelerated basis .
and they are going for eu wifes birth day in sweden which falls in june.
thanks