ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COUNCIL TAX SUMMONS... HELP PLS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

babyluv

COUNCIL TAX SUMMONS... HELP PLS

Post by babyluv » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:59 pm

Hello everyone. I was summoned to havering petty claims court section for non payment of council tax. I didn't get the letters on time because i was sick and was at my mum's house for a while.

the council pays towards my rent and council tax and i wasn't aware it had been suspended because i had not provided December and January payslips as i work hrs a week. please note i wasn't aware i have to produce the payslips on a monthly basis.

i contacted the council today and was told if i supplied my payslips, then it will be sorted out. i was wondering, will this summons which has already taken k place on the 27th have a negative effect on my application

Smallfamily

Re: COUNCIL TAX SUMMONS... HELP PLS

Post by Smallfamily » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:41 pm

It depends when HO carries out their checks ...if they have already i.e. before 27th then u should be fine otherwise they may ask you to provide them further details as i'm assuming these summons were produced after u made ur HO application.

babyluv

Post by babyluv » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:25 pm

Smallfamily wrote:It depends when HO carries out their checks ...if they have already i.e. before 27th then u should be fine otherwise they may ask you to provide them further details as i'm assuming these summons were produced after u made ur HO application.
Thanks for your reply. Yes it was produced after my application was submitted.

Smallfamily

Post by Smallfamily » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:31 pm

babyluv wrote:
Thanks for your reply. Yes it was produced after my application was submitted.
So as u said it was produced after ur application then HO can't blame you for hiding anything...but they may ask you to provide further info...

Also u have only summons at this point you haven't been convicted for anything yet so in this case you should be fine until any conviction gets declared on you!