ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at Solihull PEO on 6th March 2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

*FC*
Member of Standing

ILR Success at Solihull PEO on 6th March 2012

Post by *FC* » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:32 pm

Hi all,

I am very pleased to inform you all that I have received my ILR at Solihull PEO on 6th March 2012. :D

My category was Tier 1 though the 5 years leave was made up of 1 year of WP and 4 years of Tier 1.

Following were the documents I carried along for the appointment:
1. Passport (Current and Expired) and copies
2. Duly filled in application form
3. Work permit Letter + HSMP Approval letter + Tier 1 Approval letter + Tier 1 extension letter and copies
4. Salary slips for 12 months and copies
5. Bank statements for 12 months and Copies
6. Employers letter and copy
7. P60s for 4 years and Copies
8. Employment history letter from HMRC and copy
9. Work Permit deputation letter and copy
10. Life in the UK test result and copy

The process:
- Entered the building and had a security check.
- Was issued a token and waited till my number was called by case Worker
- Case Worker was a very polite lady and she first asked for the passport and WP letter
- Then she asked for the Salary slips and Bank statements and checked that the figures matched
- Then she asked for Life in the UK result.
- She did checks on my Work Permit and Passport
- Asked me about the absences and I produced a document with Absences outside of UK (Thanks to the attachment on one of the sticky threads)
- I had 83 days of absence in all of which 13 days are unpaid and the rest are annual holidays and are consistent with my Pay in the UK
- She took all the photocopies of the above documents
- Told me that she was happy to grant me the ILR and directed me to the payment counter and advised me to pay the amount
- Paid the amount and went in for Biometrics.
- The biometrics were taken and I was told to return with 1.5 hours so that they can do some CRB checks.
- Returned after 1.5 hours and they gave me my approval letter and the original documentation.
- Was advised that the Biometrics card will arrive by secure delivery in 7 working days.
- I came out with a big grin on my face and went to the National Motircycle Museum to have a good relaxing time .... :)

FC

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:07 pm

Congrats *FC*: did she mention the word CRB or did she just say ‘checks’ ?

*FC*
Member of Standing

Post by *FC* » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:16 pm

linkers wrote:Congrats *FC*: did she mention the word CRB or did she just say ‘checks’ ?
Well, I carried my CRB disclosure document too and asked her if it will be of any help to her. She told me that it will be done again after my biometrics are taken. So I presume she was talking about CRB checks.

FC

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:16 pm

Thanks *FC*. That was a good idea, I also got my CRB done from ‘Disclosure Scotland’ and everything looked fine.

Keyrun

Post by Keyrun » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:14 pm

Congratulation *FC*.

Did they ask for WP letters ?

I was on WP from Jan 2007 to May 2009 and then Tier1 untill now. Do I have to take the WP letters with me?

Thanks,Kiran

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:59 pm

Keyrun wrote:Congratulation *FC*.

I was on WP from Jan 2007 to May 2009 and then Tier1 untill now. Do I have to take the WP letters with me?

Thanks,Kiran
Its best to carry everything you got ... just in case you are asked for and you have left it at home, you wont forgive yourself ...

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:01 pm

Congrats *FC* ... and thanks for sharing your story ...

*FC*
Member of Standing

Post by *FC* » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:28 pm

Keyrun wrote:Congratulation *FC*.

Thanks,Kiran
Hi Keyrun,

Yes I was asked for the Work Permit letter. It is always safe to carry every piece of document you have :)

Keyrun

Post by Keyrun » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:53 pm

Thanks *FC*

That's is definitely useful information.