ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR appointment booking confusion?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU
nm_ilr
Newly Registered

ILR appointment booking confusion?

Post by nm_ilr » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:49 pm

Hello Everyone,
Just a bit of confusion and need advise please!!
I rang the appointment line last week in the morning at about 9.30am and booked my appointment for ILR for 05/03/2012 with one dependent. Straight away I received a confirmation text from UKBA on my mobile with the appointment date and time. AT 5pm same day I received 2nd text from UKBA on my mobile saying your appointment has been cancelled with the morning reference number. Then in a minute I received third text from UKBA saying the appointment has been confirmed with the new reference number. All the booking details were same in the third text.

I was bit confused so next morning I rang the appointment line and told them the scenario.
They checked my 1st reference number which included one dependent but was cancelled by Sheffield PEO. I gave them the new reference number, when checked was booked but didn’t include any dependent.
When asked why this happened the guy checked with the manager and advised me that it should be alright as I have the proof of both the bookings and also they cannot see the reason behind it. He just advised it’s the way they wanted to book the appointment as new biometric thing coming on. I asked, can I ring the Sheffield office to check why this happened as he cannot help me further? He then advised I cannot ring Sheffield PEO as there is no number to ring them.

Just wanted to check if anyone has gone through anything like this? Do you think I will be alright to just go ahead with the new reference number even though it doesn’t include my dependent in the appointment system?

Please advise
Thanks for looking.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:21 pm

Are you sure you booked an appointment for 05/03/2012 ?

nm_ilr
Newly Registered

Post by nm_ilr » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:32 pm

Sorry i have put the wrong date. I have booked the Ilr appointment for 05/04/2012.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:08 pm

I think you should ring them again and get your dependant added to the slot.

nm_ilr
Newly Registered

Post by nm_ilr » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:55 pm

Hi there,
Thanks for the advise linkers.
I have already rang them twice and both times they have advised that it should be alright. They said it might be the way they book the appointment and If I want to rebook the appointment to add dependent then I need to cancel this one and rebook again which means I might not get the same date or time slot. They also advised me that you have the proof of both the booking with the old and new reference number so if they ask I can always give both reference number to prove that I have booked with the dependent but it was cancelled at first place from Sheffield PEO and rebooked.
As I have booked the ILR appointment for 05/04/2012 for one reason they always come up with the changes from 06th april. So just to avoid that I booked it for 05/04/12.

So what do you think, should I just go ahead with the same appointment?

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:25 pm

If UKBA have advised you on the phone, then you should be fine and I am sure the case worker would be able to accommodate both of you.