ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse of Irish national processing times?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

biggerjosh

Post by biggerjosh » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:38 am

Is this the GNIB stamp or the stamp on the passport? I have the permission to remain stamp on the passport but there's no type of stamp. My GNIB card has the stamp 4. I'm a little confused myself.[/quote]
It is indeed stamp 4 and u have to put the dates of the stamp on the calculator to find out the time u had been here and to tell u one thing theres nothing asking about three tears proof only three months proof is needed.
thanks

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:01 pm

Has anyone recently received stamp 4 on the basis of marriage to an Irish national?

We are still waiting anxiously. Our solicitor wrote to them 17 days ago asking for an update and they still haven't replied :(
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:35 pm

Surely there is someone this forum waiting for their stamp 4 as spouse of Irish national?

How could they possibly take 9-12 months to process applications unless there was a large volume of applicants?
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:02 pm

monife you are irish national still you are waiting for your husband residence permission.inis system is very slow ?

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:10 pm

IQU wrote:monife you are irish national still you are waiting for your husband residence permission.inis system is very slow ?
Yes, I am an Irish national. We applied 2nd September 2011. We wrote to them in December and they said they were processing April 2011 applications. We wrote again in January they said they were processing May 2011 applications. We wrote again 2 weeks ago and they said they are finalising June 2011 applications and told us that we will still have a number of months to wait and reminded us that the current processing times are 9-12 months.

I think that is ridiculous. There would definitely be much more people applying for citizenship than spouse of Irish national yet some people got their citizenship in 10 months and it is a much more lengthy and investigative application. Surely there cannot be a huge volume of spouse of Irish national applications? I don't understand what takes them so long. They just need to verify our marriage is bona fide, how long can that possibly take!!! Very frustrated!!

starbuck

Post by starbuck » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:52 pm

Monifé --> if you take a look at the known cases only the spouse of irish citizen only is moving faster. For the rest of all the cases ( except minor child of irish) either the replies are not consistent or its just tucked in the shelves ( i believe they dont use computers as the answers are inconsistent for the same case).
For the ones who said its done in 10 months .. they are pretty stray cases.

These are my opinions. FYI I am a 2011 august applicant and have written to the citizenship division on the status in Feb. I have not got a reply till date!!

thanks
*$

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:27 pm

monife its taking so long very slow system

babami

Post by babami » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:43 pm

based
Last edited by babami on Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:58 pm

she is talking about her husband stamp 4.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:30 pm

babami wrote:based on your enquiry on processing time: all july applicants should be expecting their decisions before next weekend if am right.
I am talking about spouse of Irish national application, stamp 4 on the basis of marriage for an undocumented person, in case you are mistaken. And I believe applicants from June should have their decision in the next 2 weeks, not July.

babami

Post by babami » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:26 am

hi
Last edited by babami on Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:04 pm

babami wrote:hi monife,
i got you right, my wife is also in the same shoe with your husband. we sent in her application july 20th 2011 and got back a letter requesting for more documents and explanation on how we met each other. we arranged for all those required documents, we eventually got a letter acknowledging that her application was received sometimes around september 2011 to be precise. Now my worries is: what month will her application register for(july or sept)? secondly, your post on the 9th of march 2011 says: you called them 2 weeks ago and was told that they were about rounding up on june 2011 applications meaning by now they should be on july 2011 applications and hopefully before the end of this month of march 2011; july applicants should receive positive response from them. pls get back
We wrote to them 2 weeks ago but they only replied to us 2 days ago saying they are finalising applications from June. I think it would be another week of finalising (they are very slow) and then onto July applications. When they wrote to us in January they said they were processing May applications. That makes me think it takes them a bit over a month to process a months worth of applications if you get me?

You should write to them and ask them how long you have left til you receive your decision. They will then tell you when you applied (like when they counted as having received your application) when they write back to you. If they say July is when they received your application, I would imagine you would have your decision in about 5-6 weeks. If they say September, like my own hubby's application, I would imagine it would be end of May or early June before we have a decision :(