ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Declaring PFN for tier-1 extension?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hsmp0804

Declaring PFN for tier-1 extension?

Post by hsmp0804 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:36 pm

Hello,
I have got FPN ( no trip to court) for crossing red light. So 3 points on license and £60 fine, which was paid on time.

For Tier-1 extension application, do I need to mention it in the section E1
E1. Has the applicant had any criminal convictions in the United Kingdom or any other
country (including traffc offences) or any civil judgments made against them?
I know FPN is not a criminal conviction, but is it recommended to mention FPN? I see people suggesting to mention it so that if UKBA finds it themself then application may be at risk?(of not providing correct info)?

People in the same situation, did you mention in the form?

Thanks in advance

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:54 pm

Hello Gurus,
Please suggest on this one...

Reddevil12

Post by Reddevil12 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:38 pm

@hsmp0804

I'm not too wise to suggest. But from what I have heard from my friends, I would suggest if its just a simple FPN. Then you can ignore it if you think thats gonna add more checks to your application. However, two of my friends who were in a similar situation and both of applied at the same time. One mentioned about that in the application and the other didn't. The one who mentioned it had a delay in receiving the application. The reason for which he told me that, he assumes they might have done some additional checks for the delay. However, the one who didn't mentioned about the traffic offence recieved it quick enough. Though this could be just a coincidence. If you are worrying too much on this. I would suggest you to go for a CRB check or disclosure check and make sure nothing gets listed and if it does then you can think about mentioning it. Anyways, all the best for your application.
Fighting spirit never fails

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:04 pm

Thanks Reddevil12 for suggesting. I appreciate it.

I welcome any more suggestions please...

Another thought. I am thinking of not filling it in the criminal conviction section but mentioning about it in additional info section as a non-criminal conviction(with no court involved) just for the information.

Any comments?

Reddevil12

Post by Reddevil12 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:46 pm

@hsmp0804

Can you please let us know how did you manage to get on with your application .. Did you mentioned about your penalty notice in the application .. Thanks

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:31 pm

Hi Reddevil12,
I have not yet submitted the application but going to submit in next 3-4 days.
Still confused about whether to mention the FPN or not. Also not sure what to mention in

"Details of the sentence or civil judgment (give details on a separate sheet if more space is needed)"

Still waiting for more inputs.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:35 pm

FPN (except some serious drink and drive etc type offences) needs no mention in T1 Extension form.

Anything where you did not attend the court or in more simpler terms anything where you were not fined/convicted by court is NOT A CRIMINAL CONVICTION. Please rest your anxiety/nervousness and go easy. I am sure there is lot more to worried about than that lol
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

Reddevil12

Post by Reddevil12 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:03 pm

@hsmp0804

If its just a simple FPN that you have received for Traffic offence. Then you can ignore it and no need to mention it as its not a conviction and you have not been fined or convicted by court. So go easy with your application. No need to mention it.

hsmp0804

Post by hsmp0804 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:40 pm

Yes it's just a FPN. No court involved. 3 points and £60 fine paid.

Thanks. So I would not mention in the tier-1 extension form :-)

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:14 pm

In case this provides further help. Right from the horses mouth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MRn8SsO ... ure=relmfu
skip to time 3:52

-H