ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU treaty rights..letter sent..no reply 25 days

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

knapps
Member of Standing

EU treaty rights..letter sent..no reply 25 days

Post by knapps » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:29 pm

Just a query . By law after how many days of the letter arrival in EU treaty they are supposed to reply??

I sent them a registered letter 25 days ago. No reply yet??

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:01 pm

knapps you didnot recieve your approval already??????? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:35 pm

Don't think there is any law as far as I am aware on replying in a certain time frame to letters although common courtesy would be up to 10 working days (2 weeks).

Knapps, did you apply for permanent residence and are awaiting your decision? How long are you waiting so far?

If you are still within the 6 month time frame, you should definitely contact your local TD and ask them to put in a written question the Minister Alan Shatter regarding your application. If they are not forthcoming in helping you, you can remind them of your wife's vote in the next general election and also your future votes once you obtain Irish citizenship.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:30 am

No, I already got my approval for PR. But you know my wife is away due to her medical treatment. So, I can't get my stamp without her.

I explained this in a letter to INIS but they have not got back to me yet. Unfortunately, no one is helping me out. I am on my own accept Solvit , Ireland who is trying to get an answer from them. Let's see

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:35 pm

knapps wrote:No, I already got my approval for PR. But you know my wife is away due to her medical treatment. So, I can't get my stamp without her.

I explained this in a letter to INIS but they have not got back to me yet. Unfortunately, no one is helping me out. I am on my own accept Solvit , Ireland who is trying to get an answer from them. Let's see
You should definitely contact your local TD aswell. If you don't know who it is, google TD (and your address or area) and that should bring it up. They usually have meetings with the public twice or 4 times a month.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:22 pm

My TD office is right under my nose actually. I should pay a visit very very soon!!! Darragh Murphy is the TD I think....

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:48 pm

good luck knapps

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:24 pm

It is wrong for them to require you to attend with your wife.

Once PR is acquired, there should be no further restriction. You are independent of your wife.

Whether or not you are married or she is exercising treaty rights, becomes irrelevant.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:53 pm

My friends, I would never ever want anyone of you in my situation!!! What is right and what is wrong ends at the gate of INIS. Believe, me Solvit Irish office is trying to help me but so far no luck!!

However, I have no other option but get my wife to fly and attend at the immigration office with me. She visited the hospital, her health condition is not good as she will have another operation in April next month but she had to otherwise I will become illegal!!!!

I think national newspaper will take my story on board as I am 150% genuine in my case!!! but I am avoiding this to happen.

I will update you what happens next! pray for me ...i thought my Citizenship will come any day but 9 months already and still waiting...is what we are all used to here....

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:06 am

fyi,

I got my PR:-) now waiting on Citizenship

Dublin3232
Newly Registered

Post by Dublin3232 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:40 pm

So how did you get it in the end, did she join you? as i am kinda in similar but diffrent situation...

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:32 am

Yes, she had to come to present for 2 minutes. Which costs a lot of money and pain due to her medical conditions. No one cares if a person is dying or living!!!

I think EU needs to legislate soon here!!! At present there are no laws.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:55 am

congrats

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:43 pm

thanks