ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension- Forming Limited company

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

jhansi_82

Tier 1 extension- Forming Limited company

Post by jhansi_82 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:31 pm

Hello All,

I am about to register my limited company for my tier 1 extension purpose.

There are several types of formation by the agents and the charges vary.

Basic is compnay formation+ one bank account+ digital documents.

Is this suffucient in the eyes of ukbia to prove me as self employed?

or should i go for the original documents provided by the agents while the formation which would cost me more?

Thanks

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:29 am

Personally I'd go for a service that offers a paper certificate. Even away from any UKBA factors, you'll likely need the certificate for opening a bank account.

Again in my opinion, there's no real need for spending a huge amount of money on an all singing all dancing package where many features can be superfluous to what you really need - but do go paper incorporation certificate.
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:45 am

but do go paper incorporation certificate
But suspect he has a printer, and as necessary can buy a ream of card of the required colour, to print out the PDF file of the Certificate of Incorporation.

jhansi_82, do ensure that the service you use is not too basic! For example, if they are using the standard Articles of Association to incorporate the company, and the company will have just one Director, do they provide the needed amending document, to ensure that just one Director is OK?
John

jhansi_82

Post by jhansi_82 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:54 pm

Thanks a lot for the replies.

Can I ask my clients (who may not have any limited companies) to pay as cheque in the name of my limited company?

Thanks
jhansi

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:42 pm

Can I ask my clients (who may not have any limited companies) to pay as cheque in the name of my limited company?
Why not? But of course the limited company will need to open its own bank account, and then no problem you paying in those cheques.
John