ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2- biometric appointment :system down

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

john353

Tier 2- biometric appointment :system down

Post by john353 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:54 am

I got a biometric invitation for myself and dependents by mail. Since yesterday night the system is down and cannot make an appointment. For a few minutes the system was up yesterday, I found the earliest available appointment is 19 April, which is 6 weeks away. 6weeks! ...is this usual? Last year when we made the extension application we got the appointment in less than 2 weeks. When I made a call to UKBA today morning they say the issue was there yesterday, but it is resolved now. But the online appointment system is still down. UKBA is pathetic.

Any body facing similar situations?

shivuk

Post by shivuk » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:27 pm

I am in the same situation.

Just checked the UKBA web page that says 'Apply online' service in the UK is currently unavailable as they carry out maintenance.

I have learnt the following from the Biometry invitaton letter sent to us:

(i) Children will be able to enrol at Post Office from 1 March 2012 (I think bar coded letter is necessary for this) (I did get bar coded invitation letter for my children and wife)

(ii) Until 5 April 2012 you can choose book appointment at any HO enrollment centre. I think all the biometric enrollment for postal application can only be done in post office after this !!

john353

Post by john353 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:58 pm

Thanks Shiv for your reply.

I haven't got the invitation letter by post yet. Let's see if there is any barcode when I get it.

john353

Post by john353 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:26 pm

I got the biometric invitation for me and family and they do have the barcode and option to enrol in a post office for all of us. So intend to do this asap. The nearest post office for me is middleton near manchester. Have couple of questions.

I had booked earlier for an online appointment when I got the biometric invitation by email (had luckily got a slot at the PEO on april 2). Do I have to cancel this before the post office appointment or will it be ok to cancel it just after I have made the biometrics in post office (to be safe)?

Considering there is no appointment at the post office, will there be a big queue and do we have to go necessarily early morning?

Any comments from those who have made post office biometric enrolment will be realy helpful.

Cheers.

hemantkhanduja
Newly Registered

Barcode not scanned for baby

Post by hemantkhanduja » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:59 pm

Hi got 3 letters for myself and 2 dependent(wife and baby)
Though bar code of myself and wife are readable but not for the baby.
When I asked UKBA(biometric team) to send me the other bar code they said it is not possible.

Has any one else faced this issue of bar code not readable for baby under 1 year of age

aarnags

Post by aarnags » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:34 pm

Atleast you are guys lucky enough to got post office appoinment.. I missed the boat.. :(
Got letter on 17th Feb but got appointment for cardiff at 15th March..

@hemantkhanduja
I would call to homeoffice in such situation.

I have another question,
Does it take normal 4 week processing time after biometric done at PEO.? or will it be quicker ..

h_s_m_p

Post by h_s_m_p » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:03 pm

@John

I gave the biometric in Oxford post office on 29th Feb. The entire process was over in 30 mins including the time spent of queue.

prasathvr
Newly Registered

Re: Barcode not scanned for baby

Post by prasathvr » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:31 pm

Hello Mate,

I have similar problem. Could you please advise how did you sort this?

Many Thanks,

hemantkhanduja wrote:Hi got 3 letters for myself and 2 dependent(wife and baby)
Though bar code of myself and wife are readable but not for the baby.
When I asked UKBA(biometric team) to send me the other bar code they said it is not possible.

Has any one else faced this issue of bar code not readable for baby under 1 year of age

ech
Newly Registered

Bar code not scanned for baby

Post by ech » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:34 am

Hi , I had thesame problem at the post office as the bar code was not scanned for baby. The PO lady says its because the letter states " no responsible adult found"
How did you resolve the problem?
I will be calling UKBA tomorrow, I pray that this s resolved soon