ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

We cannot issue Visa without EEA blue card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pinkpanter
United Kingdom

We cannot issue Visa without EEA blue card

Post by pinkpanter » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:54 am

I just want to share my last week experience at UAE embassy. I applied for my EEA wife visa for dubai. After checking docs, visa officer asked me my wife PR blue card. I said she has a blue card but we didnt bring with us. . He said we want to confirm her actual status. I urgued that it doesn't matter if she has a blue card or not. She is from EEA and it should be enough. But he incested he wants to see this and will issue visa today. I could not argue as I had to go back to job. My wife had to go back and bring her blue card. Thats really annoying.

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:35 am

why does having PR matters for them? they should be issuing visa to her after seeing her EU passport and they should know that SHE IS LEGAL in this country as she is EU.

you should complain mate

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: We cannot issue Visa without EEA blue card

Post by Greenie » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:05 pm

pinkpanter wrote:I just want to share my last week experience at UAE embassy. I applied for my EEA wife visa for dubai. After checking docs, visa officer asked me my wife PR blue card. I said she has a blue card but we didnt bring with us. . He said we want to confirm her actual status. I urgued that it doesn't matter if she has a blue card or not. She is from EEA and it should be enough. But he incested he wants to see this and will issue visa today. I could not argue as I had to go back to job. My wife had to go back and bring her blue card. Thats really annoying.
Did you apply for an EEA family permit or for a spouse visa under the immigration rules?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:18 pm

Greenie,

This is visa application for Dubai, presumably applied for in the UAE consulate in London.

I guess they require you to be legal in the country of residence although they should be aware of EU rules.

It could be that because she is A8 national, they are confusing things with having WRS (which is now closed).

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:24 pm

Jambo wrote:Greenie,

This is visa application for Dubai, presumably applied for in the UAE consulate in London.

I guess they require you to be legal in the country of residence although they should be aware of EU rules.

It could be that because she is A8 national, they are confusing things with having WRS (which is now closed).
yes they can require prove of residence in the country of application (e.g. in UAE) but they don't appear to be asking for this, they are asking for her EEA PR card? that's why I wondered whether they have applied for a spouse visa instead of an EEA permit which is why they would require proof of PR in the UK.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:27 pm

Country of application & residence is UK. They would like to travel to Dubai.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:30 pm

Jambo wrote:Country of application & residence is UK. They would like to travel to Dubai.
Oh I see - sorry. Not really an EEA matter then - but one for the UAE consulate.