ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When Proof of Funds Required

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mybww
Newly Registered

When Proof of Funds Required

Post by mybww » Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:13 am

Is it "absolutely necessary" to provide Proof of Funds at the time of launching application or it can be submitted later when asked by the authorities? :? Any adverse effect on application if not provided at the initial stage? :cry:

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:32 pm

The Designated Immigration Officer at the relevant Visa Post will make an Initial Assesment of your application based on the info before him/ her on a particular date which neither you or I know. A lack of evidence of funds which is a fundamental requirement of a skilled class application at this IA will see your application rejected outright - I wouldn't rely on the IO taking time out to write to you to submit what should have been in the application from day 1.

These guys deal with thousands of applications and IMHO they won't bother getting in touch. Even if they do request the info it just delays the processing of the application. Given that a 'lock in' date no longer exists for your claimed points (the new immigration act states that you must meet the points system at both application and IA stage) the delay may or may not prejudice your application. If you are confident that you can submit the evidence of funds before the file is assessed go for it - only problem is when will the assesment be? I know it will be post AOR issuance but other than that you need a crystal ball.

Good Luck

mybww
Newly Registered

Post by mybww » Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:17 am

Thanks for your reply..but one thing If you can clear, here in Islamabad high commission usually takes 36 to 42 months to complete a case :( Should I need to hold up money in my account for all that period :?

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:51 am

The Visa Office can (and most likely will) ask for an updated position on your funds prior to assessment where this occurs a long time after receipt of your application. Long in this case can be assumed to be 12 months or more although this is not guaranteed. Based on this it is advisable to submit evidence of the level of funds required at initial application and possibly after an interview request has been initiated - a review of your CAIPS notes would give more direction - there is no benefit or need to obtain the notes until after an IA has been conducted. Only Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents can obtain CAIPS but they can do so on your authorisation.

I hope this helps.