ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) and FLR(M) application ( separate appointment ) ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sojan

SET(O) and FLR(M) application ( separate appointment ) ?

Post by sojan » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:49 am

hi friends,

Just a quick query.
I'm applying for ILR using SET(O) but my spouse hasn't completed 2 years, so have to use FLR(M) and planning to go to PEO.

While booking the online application, can it be done within same appointment? (or should we take two separate appointments in UKBA online ?)

thanks in advance

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:11 am

She can't apply in person with you. Or at least it would be very difficult to coordinate. You are not applying jointly and her application is contingent on yours; you having been granted ILR beforehand. I'm not aware that they take bookings in series where they process one application and then immediately look at the other on the basis of the first. Perhaps you could make an appointment for later the same day or the next day but not at the same time. Wait for more comment on this.

Additionally, if you don't have a straightforward case, and it's held over for a decision sent to you in the post, she then can't apply for herself.

sojan

Post by sojan » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:07 am

Any more comments from other friends?

just wanted to hear from people who applied SET(O) and FLR(M).
Should we need two separate application registration in UKBA website?

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:00 pm

sojan wrote:Any more comments from other friends?

yes you need to separate applications because the applications are separate - you are not making a joint application.

When are you applying for ILR and when does your wife's visa expire?

chosenaik

Post by chosenaik » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:30 pm

If you think youyr application is not simple and may take time to be approved AND your wife's visa may expire in the mean time, you should apply for an extension before you get your ILR and for yoru wife also. This way even if your application takes longer to be approved, your wife stay in the UK will remain valid.

vnkotak

Post by vnkotak » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:42 pm

Hi sojan,

I fall in the same category as your.

I am eligible for PR, but my wife isn't as she has not completed 2 years.

I called up UKBA support office and asked them about it. They suggested to book two separate appointments and keeping atleast 3 hrs of gap between both of them.

So, you might want to book yours at 9:00am and want to book for your wifes at 2:00pm or so, that's what I am going to do.

sojan

Post by sojan » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:14 am

Greenie wrote:
sojan wrote:Any more comments from other friends?

yes you need to separate applications because the applications are separate - you are not making a joint application.

When are you applying for ILR and when does your wife's visa expire?
I'm planning to apply ILR in June and my wife's visa expire Feb2013 only (tier1 dependent). She will complete two years in October,2012

So does that mean, my wife has to apply FLR after i get my ILR?
How long can she stay in Tier1 dependent, after granting ILR for main applicant?
vnkotak wrote:Hi sojan,

I fall in the same category as your.

I am eligible for PR, but my wife isn't as she has not completed 2 years.

I called up UKBA support office and asked them about it. They suggested to book two separate appointments and keeping atleast 3 hrs of gap between both of them.

So, you might want to book yours at 9:00am and want to book for your wifes at 2:00pm or so, that's what I am going to do.
Thanks for the valid point vnkotak.