ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.
reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:17 pm

I
just sent them papers thinking they might need it.

did you send your ref or anything else more then your name and address
i just want do the same you send more document but i don't have any reference with HO.

lmuee08

Post by lmuee08 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:39 am

reda wrote:I
just sent them papers thinking they might need it.

did you send your ref or anything else more then your name and address
i just want do the same you send more document but i don't have any reference with HO.
Your Ref and Case ID should be on top right of your COA :shock:

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:45 am

i didn't have any ref/case number so I mentioned the special delivery code with the date i sent it to them with the passport number of my wife and mine.

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:54 am

Punjab wrote:i didn't have any ref/case number so I mentioned the special delivery code with the date i sent it to them with the passport number of my wife and mine.

thank you Punjab.

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:14 am

Please keep update your EEA4 application on here.
i did apply on 14 Feb
received by ukba on 15 Feb since then i didn't hear from them.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:47 pm

Hi reda, it has been almost 5 weeks u applied for PR and u haven't received COA yet!!! u should call HO,,,unless u still have RC valid so HO knows u don't need any confirmation from HO stating u r eligible for work.
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:25 pm

spike_UK wrote:Hi reda, it has been almost 5 weeks u applied for PR and u haven't received COA yet!!! u should call HO,,,
I did call today,the lady ask about my name, date of birth but nothing come out on her screen I guess so she left me on hold for while then come back and ask about special delivery barcode then again left me on hold then she went your file is with us and you have to wait few days for your COA
definitely i going to call them tomorrow again and see what they say, I will let you know.

unless u still have RC valid so HO knows u don't need any confirmation from HO stating u r eligible for work.
yes,my RC still valid,but the COA it should be issued for any non eea apply under European regulation,beside the lady in the phone didn't say any thing like that.

anp

eea4

Post by anp » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:27 am

I will apply for Permanent residency soon (eea4). My residence card ends on October 2012. I have a few questions though. If someone could please help me...

- I have been married in May 2007 (still am). Handed in the Eea2 application in June 2007. Got my RC in Oct 2007. Can I apply, lets say, in May or June this year? If not, when?
- I know I will need to provide proof that my wife has been using her Treaty Rights. She has been working constantly. What will I need to provide on my behalf?
- We have been living together for 6 years. Will need to prove that to HO? If so, for the entire 5 years of marriage, or less?
- What's the average waiting time?
- Upon receiving my application, will HO provide me with something stating my right to work?
-
Thank you in advance.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:54 pm

Hi reda, so did you again call them today? what what is the news,,,but I believe if she already told you(yesterday) then soon you will get COA,,,I hope.
Can I just ask,,if you applied for EEA4 based on your marriage(5 years), thanks

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:53 pm

spike_UK wrote:Hi reda, so did you again call them today? what what is the news,,,but I believe if she already told you(yesterday) then soon you will get COA,,,I hope.
Can I just ask,,if you applied for EEA4 based on your marriage(5 years), thanks
yes i did,she told me they are preparing to send you a letter!!!!! and it will be with me soon.
i apply for eea4 after retained Right Of Residence.

Eirikur

Re: eea4

Post by Eirikur » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:10 am

anp wrote:I will apply for Permanent residency soon (eea4). My residence card ends on October 2012. I have a few questions though. If someone could please help me...

- I have been married in May 2007 (still am). Handed in the Eea2 application in June 2007. Got my RC in Oct 2007. Can I apply, lets say, in May or June this year? If not, when?
- I know I will need to provide proof that my wife has been using her Treaty Rights. She has been working constantly. What will I need to provide on my behalf?
- We have been living together for 6 years. Will need to prove that to HO? If so, for the entire 5 years of marriage, or less?
- What's the average waiting time?
- Upon receiving my application, will HO provide me with something stating my right to work?
-
Thank you in advance.
-you can apply after 5 years after first entry, which is probably now already as most people come in on a 6 months family visa first
-you will have to send all P45's, P60's, or salary slips, contracts, proof of self employment if applicable, proof of self sufficiency if applicable for your wife, for yourself is less important
-the more prove you can give the better, if you recieve bills on both names, bank accounts etc, all include them in the package you are going to send
- I'm waiting now for just over 3 months, got EEA3 back but still waiitng for EEA4
-They should send you a COA, which should state your right ot work, however it seems they don't always send one, we never received one

masum
Newly Registered

Post by masum » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:04 am

I'm waiting now for just over 3 months, got EEA3 back but still waiitng for EEA4
-They should send you a COA, which should state your right ot work, however it seems they don't always send one,we never received one.

Hi Eirikur,
same here mate I never received COA for eea4(ror) as well, but received pr(eea3) the same time as u did. I thought because of ror/ my rc is not finished yet the did not issue me COA. I rang HO and was told It has been issued in dec!!!!! I have to email a resend request now, just hoping eea4-pr will arrive by this month. Please let us know as soon as u receive PR-eea4/ a response, i will do the same. Cheers

Eirikur

Post by Eirikur » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:46 am

masum wrote:
I'm waiting now for just over 3 months, got EEA3 back but still waiitng for EEA4
-They should send you a COA, which should state your right ot work, however it seems they don't always send one,we never received one.

Hi Eirikur,
same here mate I never received COA for eea4(ror) as well, but received pr(eea3) the same time as u did. I thought because of ror/ my rc is not finished yet the did not issue me COA. I rang HO and was told It has been issued in dec!!!!! I have to email a resend request now, just hoping eea4-pr will arrive by this month. Please let us know as soon as u receive PR-eea4/ a response, i will do the same. Cheers
Hi Masum
My feeling is they process EEA3 first then send the whole package to another department for EEA4 and you're at the back of the queue again, but as one of the above posters who applied end of December got his PR back, I really hope ours should arrive any moment now

harmeetsingh

EEA4

Post by harmeetsingh » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:07 pm

Hello every one.
I need some help in EEA4 application.Me and my wife will be completing 5 years of working and living in UK april 2013.We will be applying for PR then.We have all the documents confirming that we are living and working in UK.But when I applied for EEA2 home office lost all the worker registration certificates and worker registration card of my wife.So We can not provide those documents.I send an e-mail to Liverpool cutomer serivce regarding this situation.They wrote me that my wife have to supply covering letter that her documents are lost by home office.Any one been in this situation before.I am afraid that they will not accept my application or they will refuse to give me PR.Any advice will be much appreciated.Thank you

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:59 pm

reda wrote:Please keep update your EEA4 application on here.
i did apply on 14 Feb
received by ukba on 15 Feb since then i didn't hear from them.

I did receive COA today dated 15 March, I did send my file 14 Feb and they received on 15 Feb but in the COA my application is dated on 17 Feb!!!!!!!
and also they gave me case ID number which they don't do for COA,it has any signification...

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:41 pm

Hi Reda, that is good news,,,so it took just over 4 weeks to get ur COA i hope it follows by PR,,,plz update us here.
Can i just ask if ur RC or RROR visa expired yet or still valid?
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:08 pm

spike_UK wrote:Hi Reda, that is good news,,,so it took just over 4 weeks to get ur COA i hope it follows by PR,,,plz update us here.
Can i just ask if ur RC or RROR visa expired yet or still valid?

still valid till 2016.

afsheenazeem
Newly Registered

Post by afsheenazeem » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:48 am

hey guys

its been over 10 weeks more or less since i applied for my PR with EEA3 and EEA4 application but havent heard anything from HO since then. i called my lawyer and he said that its normal for home office to not to send a COA so sit tight. you think i shud call them and see what they are doing with my app?
actually i dont have any ref number to give to HO as my app was sent by my lawyer.
thanks

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:11 pm

Punjab wrote:i didn't have any ref/case number so I mentioned the special delivery code with the date i sent it to them with the passport number of my wife and mine.
hi Punjab, i just want to know if did you receive your extra document back together with the rest of your support documents and passport.

anp

Post by anp » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:39 pm

Hi Eirikur,

Thank you for your answer. I just spoke to HO and they told me that I can only apply around September or October. (residence card ends up in 30 Oct 2012) I have been married though since May 2007. On the contrary though, my solicitor told me that I can apply in April/May. Where can I find some official guidelines? I am confused.

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:02 pm

anp wrote:Hi Eirikur,

Thank you for your answer. I just spoke to HO and they told me that I can only apply around September or October. (residence card ends up in 30 Oct 2012) I have been married though since May 2007. On the contrary though, my solicitor told me that I can apply in April/May. Where can I find some official guidelines? I am confused.

Without going into deep detail, its 5 years from marrying and living in uk provided spouse is a qualified person so in ur case May 2012

Eirikur

Post by Eirikur » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:01 pm

afsheenazeem wrote:hey guys

its been over 10 weeks more or less since i applied for my PR with EEA3 and EEA4 application but havent heard anything from HO since then. i called my lawyer and he said that its normal for home office to not to send a COA so sit tight. you think i shud call them and see what they are doing with my app?
actually i dont have any ref number to give to HO as my app was sent by my lawyer.
thanks
Never received COA either, it well over 3 months for me now, it looks like they don't always send them in case where you apply for EEA3 and EEA4 at the same time

anp

Post by anp » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:35 pm

mcovet wrote:
anp wrote:Hi Eirikur,

Without going into deep detail, its 5 years from marrying and living in uk provided spouse is a qualified person so in ur case May 2012
Is that for sure?

Yes, she does qualify. She has always worked and we have lived together the whole time. Confused though because HO told me to apply in October 2012.

I am thinking to apply through solicitors, just to make sure. Cannot wait!!

Thanks.

afsheenazeem
Newly Registered

Post by afsheenazeem » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:39 pm

I called HO today and asked about the progress as its been over 10 weeks.
woman i spoke to told me that my application hasn't been validated yet.

does anyone know what that means? and is it normal for an application to be not validated in first 2 to 3 months?

Eirikur

Post by Eirikur » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:41 am

afsheenazeem wrote:I called HO today and asked about the progress as its been over 10 weeks.
woman i spoke to told me that my application hasn't been validated yet.

does anyone know what that means? and is it normal for an application to be not validated in first 2 to 3 months?
It means they haven't looked into it yet. Basically they have a large pile of applications to go through, once it's your turn they should be able to validate it quite quickly. Not sure how their process exactly works, but by law they only have to reply within 6 months and 10 weeks is just 2.5 months so theoretically it can take anoter 3 months before you hear anything