ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Spouse

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wilayatmalik
Newly Registered

ILR - Spouse

Post by wilayatmalik » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:56 am

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone could help please:

I am on Tier 1 (General) and going for ILR end of this month. My wife is on Tier 1 (Dependent) and she got visa in May 2010 and came to UK on 5th of June 2010.

When I am applying for my ILR, she will still be short by almost 2 months from 2 years stay as Tier 1 Dependent. Can I apply for her ILR with me as her leave is expiring with me at the end of April 2012 or do I need to apply for her extension as Dependent of a settled person after I get my ILR? If I apply for her extension, does she need to wait for another 2 years in that category before she can apply for ILR or can she immediately apply for ILR soon as she complete 2 years as my dependent in UK (almost 22 months as Tier 1 Dependent and 2 months as dependent of a settled person).

Thanks,
Wilayat

Shhameed
India

Post by Shhameed » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:27 pm

Option 2 is good and my friend did this way and you can apply once she complets the 2 year

wilayatmalik
Newly Registered

Post by wilayatmalik » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:09 pm

Thanks Shhameed for your reply.

So, just to confirm that I understood it correctly, she would be eligible to apply for ILR soon as she complete two years (22 months as Tier 1 Dependent and 2 Months as dependent of Settled person).

Somebody told me that as her category would be changed and so she will have to wait for another two years in that category?

Thanks,
Wil

Shhameed
India

Post by Shhameed » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:44 pm

Yes.. for double confirmation please speak to home office

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:05 pm

wilayatmalik wrote:
Somebody told me that as her category would be changed and so she will have to wait for another two years in that category?

Thanks,
Wil
That's not correct - once she completes 2 years she would be eligible.