ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Extn Earnings claim period EndDate>application date

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mrajkumar
India

Tier1 Extn Earnings claim period EndDate>application date

Post by mrajkumar » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:37 am

Hi Experts,
I am planning to apply for Tier1 extension next week, I will get my march salary slip and salary credited on 23rd of March hence I would like to include my march salary in my earning claim period. But I am confused whether to include or not, the reason is, the march salary is for upto 31st march(which is not in the last 12 months earnings) and my application date will be 27th march . Is that ok if my earnings claim period is 01-May-2011 to 31-Mar-2012 and my application date would be 27th March?
Thanks in Advance!

Rajkumar

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: Tier1 Extn Earnings claim period EndDate > applicatio

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:42 am

mrajkumar wrote:Hi Experts,
I am planning to apply for Tier1 extension next week, I will get my march salary slip and salary credited on 23rd of March hence I would like to include my march salary in my earning claim period. But I am confused whether to include or not, the reason is, the march salary is for upto 31st march(which is not in the last 12 months earnings) and my application date will be 27th march . Is that ok if my earnings claim period is 01-May-2011 to 31-Mar-2012 and my application date would be 27th March?
Thanks in Advance!

Rajkumar
This will be tricky to answer. Though you should be able to claim it, (per the form/guidance) for "PAST" 12 months. And getting paid upto 31st March and appearing on 27t March could be tricky. It would be more of a CW discretion I guess !!

Thanks,
R
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

mrajkumar
India

Re: Tier1 Extn Earnings claim period EndDate > applicatio

Post by mrajkumar » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:12 am

Thanks raxs1983! I get the required points even if I dont include my march salary, just thought to include it if it helps. Is there any harm to include the march payslip, as stated above.
Even if the CW doesnt consider march pay I should be ok with remaining earnings.
raxs1983 wrote:
mrajkumar wrote:Hi Experts,
Thanks in Advance!

Rajkumar
This will be tricky to answer. Though you should be able to claim it, (per the form/guidance) for "PAST" 12 months. And getting paid upto 31st March and appearing on 27t March could be tricky. It would be more of a CW discretion I guess !!

Thanks,
R

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:18 am

You are missing the point. Whether or not CW considers it, you would (at least reading the fine prints) falsified the information by claiming for the 3 days worth of salary which can not be classed as "PAST EARNING".

Why are you adamant on including March salary if you are okay without it. If that helps, a friend of mine got his extension on £0.41 above the minimum earnings he needed (e.g if he needed a band £34000, he had £34000.41)

That is how rule works. But your call. If I were you, I would not include
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

mrajkumar
India

Post by mrajkumar » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:28 am

Thanks! I worked for two employers in this 11 month claim period and have payslips for all month, in Jul middle(14th) I shifted to the 2nd employer hence I have 2 payslips from each company for July, I will be mentioning this in my cover letter. I thought this March pay would be backup if the CW doesnt consider the Jul pay in worst case. But I think as you stated it would be better not to include march pay if I am applying before 31st march. having 2 payslips for July from 2 employers should be ok as long as it is a taxable pay?
raxs1983 wrote:You are missing the point. Whether or not CW considers it, you would (at least reading the fine prints) falsified the information by claiming for the 3 days worth of salary which can not be classed as "PAST EARNING".

Why are you adamant on including March salary if you are okay without it. If that helps, a friend of mine got his extension on £0.41 above the minimum earnings he needed (e.g if he needed a band £34000, he had £34000.41)

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:32 am

Hell yeh. As long as you are on right side of the law, you are fine. You have done nothing wrong if you have 2 payslips for one month. I worked for a 2 companies. Had 2 different pay dates. I finished with my 1st Employer on 30/11/2011 and had my last salary credited on 15/12/2011.

Do not worry, you can have 5 payslips in a month just like 5 different invoices in a month if you were to be SE. I'm glad you're inclined to believe that it is only wise and moreover "RIGHT" not to include March Salary for your application.

Good Luck

mrajkumar wrote:Thanks! I worked for two employers in this 11 month claim period and have payslips for all month, in Jul middle(14th) I shifted to the 2nd employer hence I have 2 payslips from each company for July, I will be mentioning this in my cover letter. I thought this March pay would be backup if the CW doesnt consider the Jul pay in worst case. But I think as you stated it would be better not to include march pay if I am applying before 31st march. having 2 payslips for July from 2 employers should be ok as long as it is a taxable pay?
raxs1983 wrote:You are missing the point. Whether or not CW considers it, you would (at least reading the fine prints) falsified the information by claiming for the 3 days worth of salary which can not be classed as "PAST EARNING".

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:42 am

you can claim full march earnings. it doesnt matter when you have been paid & when you applied for your extension. if the money is in your account that means u have earned it for the period you are claiming of course, simple as that

I had a contract with a customer till December 2011 & payment was done way before contract finished & I applied in first week of December 2011 with full December earnings, no issues.

Mention it in the covering letter for your peace of mind (i didnt)
Manka

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:50 am

Manka10 wrote:you can claim full march earnings. it doesnt matter when you have been paid & when you applied for your extension. if the money is in your account that means u have earned it for the period you are claiming of course, simple as that

I had a contract with a customer till December 2011 & payment was done way before contract finished & I applied in first week of December 2011 with full December earnings, no issues.

Differences of Opinion. And I have no problems to that. SEE HERE

Read specifically Page 15 -

Point 78.79,85, - Try to read them carefully. May be I am taking it way too seriously but why take chance !!!

mrajkumar
India

Post by mrajkumar » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:21 pm

Thanks Manka10 for the clarification!
Manka10 wrote:you can claim full march earnings. it doesnt matter when you have been paid & when you applied for your extension. if the money is in your account that means u have earned it for the period you are claiming of course, simple as that