ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Quick Question About Set (M) And Cohabiting docs

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Quick Question About Set (M) And Cohabiting docs

Post by 2036789 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:38 pm

HI me (british citizen) and my wife(applying for ILR) have been making a joint claim for working and tax crediits which is correct.

1. On the set (M) where it asks about Public Fund do we tick both boxes for "You" and "Your Partner" for child and working tax or just for "your Partner"(thats me).
I know this questions has been many times and many senior members have said tick both boxes.

but John an admin says:

"the problem is that the form SET(M) is badly designed, as regards the Public Funds question, and really does not cope with the legislation in force.

The comment is .... answer the Public Funds question .... "Yes" ..... tick relevant benefits in the spouse's column, and lead them unticked in the applicant's column.

The logic is because of para 6B of the Immigration Rules, the benefits are not Public Funds as defined, for the applicant."

which makes more sense to me. but im still unsure shall i tick both boxes or just mine

2. I have very few cohabiting documents to take with me , ( i wish i read the requirement for ILR before and not chuck so many letters away). anyway one of the only letter i have in both our names and address is a letter about our tax credit award from HMRC will it be a bad idea using this as a cohabiting documents, especially if i leave her box blank in the public funds section

any feedback will be very helpful
MM

Post by 2036789 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:05 pm

still waiting for a reply please
MM

friend12345

Re: Quick Question About Set (M) And Cohabiting docs

Post by friend12345 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:24 pm

2036789 wrote:HI me (british citizen) and my wife(applying for ILR) have been making a joint claim for working and tax crediits which is correct.

1. On the set (M) where it asks about Public Fund do we tick both boxes for "You" and "Your Partner" for child and working tax or just for "your Partner"(thats me).
I know this questions has been many times and many senior members have said tick both boxes.

but John an admin says:

"the problem is that the form SET(M) is badly designed, as regards the Public Funds question, and really does not cope with the legislation in force.

The comment is .... answer the Public Funds question .... "Yes" ..... tick relevant benefits in the spouse's column, and lead them unticked in the applicant's columThe logic is because of para 6B of the Immigration Rules, the benefits are not Public Funds as defined, for the applicant."

which makes more sense to me. but im still unsure shall i tick both boxes or just mine

2. I have very few cohabiting documents to take with me , ( i wish i read the requirement for ILR before and not chuck so many letteven itsers away). anyway one of the only letter i have in both our names and address is a letter about our tax credit award from HMRC will it be a bad idea using this as a cohabiting documents, especially if i leave her box blank in the public funds section

any feedback will be very helpful
Tick working/child tax credit in your name as you are main applicant even it is claimed jointly
If claiming CB which should only be claimed by you tick your name only.

friend12345

Post by friend12345 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:34 pm

2036789 wrote:still waiting for a reply please
You can use tax.credit letter shouldnt be a prob as its a.requirement that tax credits should be claimed jointly, you r main applicant thats why u only tick ur box and leave applicants unchecked.

Post by 2036789 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:43 pm

thanks friend got our appointment tmrw, will let u guys know how it goes
MM

friend12345

Post by friend12345 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:53 pm

2036789 wrote:thanks friend got our appointment tmrw, will let u guys know how it goes
Good Luck, you'll be fine :wink: