ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mistake on BRP - how long to get new one?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dupuytren

Mistake on BRP - how long to get new one?

Post by dupuytren » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:11 pm

Hi all
There is a mistake on my BRP.

I am a doctor in training, got my Tier 1 two years ago which had no restriction as doctor in training. Now I have renewed my Tier 1, got my BRP card back today as well as the letter which states that in my work restrictions, I am not allowed to work as a doctor in training, which is clearly a mistake. I've emailed them to get this problem solved.

Has anyone encountered a problem before ie mistake on BRP (including typos etc), how long did it take between the time you re-submitted your card and getting a new one back? And how long did they take to respond to your initial email?

Any help appreciated!!!

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: Mistake on BRP - how long to get new one?

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:48 pm

To the best of my knowledge Tier 1 general always had restrictions as no employment allowed as Doctor in training. This surely confirms it HERE
Did you have BRP at the time of entry clearance (initial T1 visa) IF so, did you refer to UKBA's advice on restrictions on T1 General visa? I do not want to scare you but you may have breached the condition of your previous visa, so be careful before raising any queries with UKBA, and if needed seek legal advice
dupuytren wrote:Hi all

I am a doctor in training, got my Tier 1 two years ago which had no restriction as doctor in training. Now I have renewed my Tier 1, got my BRP card back today as well as the letter which states that in my work restrictions, I am not allowed to work as a doctor in training, which is clearly a mistake. I've emailed them to get this problem solved.

Has anyone encountered a problem before ie mistake on BRP (including typos etc), how long did it take between the time you re-submitted your card and getting a new one back? And how long did they take to respond to your initial email?

Any help appreciated!!!
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

equaliser 2000
Newly Registered

Post by equaliser 2000 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:53 pm

raxs1983 wrote:To the best of my knowledge Tier 1 general always had restrictions as no employment allowed as Doctor in training. This surely confirms it HERE
Did you have BRP at the time of entry clearance (initial T1 visa) IF so, did you refer to UKBA's advice on restrictions on T1 General visa? I do not want to scare you but you may have breached the condition of your previous visa, so be careful before raising any queries with UKBA, and if needed seek legal advice

Any help appreciated!!!

equaliser 2000
Newly Registered

mistake on BRP

Post by equaliser 2000 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:55 pm

There is no mistake on the BRP card. there is currently a restriction for doctors in tranning work in the UK. If you read the approval letter carefully, it is duely explained. all the best.

dupuytren

Post by dupuytren » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:38 pm

Thanks for you reply. In the guidance link that u attached, it says quite clearly on page 8 (in a table, no. 43) that one is not allowed to be a Dr in training unless there was no such restriction placed in the previous Tier 1 granted which is certainly my case. This is my first time renewing Tier 1 so this is my first BRP card. My previous visa is in the passport and only says no recourse to public funds. Has any doctors have similar experience before ?
raxs1983 wrote:To the best of my knowledge Tier 1 general always had restrictions as no employment allowed as Doctor in training. This surely confirms it HERE

Any help appreciated!!!

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:49 pm

I would be surprised if you got an answer from a Doctor, but I am always ready for a miracle.

It would be good for others in similar situation, if you could share the response and progress on your case with UKBA.
Give me more Karma (+)

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:45 pm

Sorry for arriving late with this one. PAssport never did and never will mention any other restrictions but recourse to public funds. Refer to the letter you would have received with your first T1 G Application, that should clarify that.
dupuytren wrote:Thanks for you reply. In the guidance link that u attached, it says quite clearly on page 8 (in a table, no. 43) that one is not allowed to be a Dr in training unless there was no such restriction placed in the previous Tier 1 granted which is certainly my case. This is my first time renewing Tier 1 so this is my first BRP card. My previous visa is in the passport and only says no recourse to public funds. Has any doctors have similar experience before ?

Any help appreciated!!!
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

LostInCountry

Post by LostInCountry » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:57 pm

raxs1983 wrote:PAssport never did and never will mention any other restrictions but recourse to public funds. Refer to the letter you would have received with your first T1 G Application, that should clarify that.
My EC for Tier 1 General, clearly said

"No recourse to public funds
No employment as a doctor in training"

Also, didn't recieve any letter back from UKBA when my visa was approved.
Never be too sure about the ways of UKBA :)

legalalien

Post by legalalien » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:41 am

hi Dr Duputren
from the immigration rule section:
245CB. Period and conditions of grant
(iii) no employment as a Doctor or Dentist in Training, unless the applicant:

(1) has obtained a primary degree in medicine or dentistry at bachelor's level or above from a UK institution that is a UK recognised or listed body, or which holds a sponsor licence under Tier 4 of the Points Based system;

(2) has, or has last been granted, entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain that was not subject to any condition restricting him from taking employment as a Doctor in Training, and has been employed during that leave as a Doctor in Training; or

(3) has, or has last been granted, entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain that was not subject to any condition restricting him from taking employment as a dentist in Training, and has been employed during that leave as a Dentist in Training,

So did you obtain your primary degree in the UK?