ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The resident labour market test

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

ehab
Newly Registered

The resident labour market test

Post by ehab » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:29 pm

Hello,
I have a question regarding the RLMT, and I would appreciate if you can help me.

We are trying to complete the RLMT for a web designer role (SIC 2131). According to the guide of the RLMT, the job should be advertised for at least 28 days at the Jobcentre plus, and we should also use other recruitment sites such as jobsite.
So, we advertised the job for 28 days at Jobcentre plus. but the question is, does the job have to be concurrently advertised for 28 days at jobsite?
The problem is jobsite removes the advert automatically after 7 days of publishing it.

ehab
Newly Registered

Post by ehab » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Ok, I will clarify it more.

How the Internet advert, using sites such as jobsite, jobserve and cwjobs, can be online for continues 28 days? such sites remove the advert automatically after 7 days.

Do I need to post the advert every week for 4 weeks? or posting the advert just once will do the job as long as the same job has been already advertised for 28 days in the jobcentre plus?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:57 pm

Hi ehab

Where the job has to be advertised in two places, Jobcentre Plus (mandatory) and the internet (your choice), I did not see anything in the sponsor guidance about the advertising in the two places having to be concurrent . Normally employers would want to have the RMLT over and done with as soon as possible , so they would would advertise concurrently but this is not mandatory.

Furthermore, the advertising does not have to be continuous, it can be in two stages, see clause 258 of the sponsor guidance.

I think the advertisement must run for a min. of 28 days in each of the two places. If the internet companies only take ads for 7 days then you should renew it every 7 days.

Please take the above as only my opinion.

You can seek confirmation or otherwise of what I said by ringing the UKBA Employer Helpline on 0300 123 4699.

ehab
Newly Registered

Post by ehab » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:58 pm

manci wrote:Hi ehab

Where the job has to be advertised in two places, Jobcentre Plus (mandatory) and the internet (your choice), I did not see anything in the sponsor guidance about the advertising in the two places having to be concurrent . Normally employers would want to have the RMLT over and done with as soon as possible , so they would would advertise concurrently but this is not mandatory.

Furthermore, the advertising does not have to be continuous, it can be in two stages, see clause 258 of the sponsor guidance.

I think the advertisement must run for a min. of 28 days in each of the two places. If the internet companies only take ads for 7 days then you should renew it every 7 days.

Please take the above as only my opinion.

You can seek confirmation or otherwise of what I said by ringing the UKBA Employer Helpline on 0300 123 4699.
Thanks manci for that, I have emailed the UKBA and will share the reply when I receive it.

richardcja
Newly Registered

Post by richardcja » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:34 pm

Ads at jobcentre are all for 28 days unless you take them down early (in which case you will have to notify them to do so).

You can try to ad in totaljobs.com, by far one of the cheapest and also the ad stays live for 28 days