ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisaition: To lie or not to lie?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

maxima

Naturalisaition: To lie or not to lie?

Post by maxima » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:29 pm

Hi,

I am going to fill naturalisation form soon. I have some dilemma. From one side I dont like to lie. From other side a litle lie can save a good truth :)

Actually - I am married 4th time. This is nothing to do with immigration and naturalisation itself. But it looks like I have to write my wives data into separate sheet plus I have lost contact with my 2nd one and I dont remember when we get married (in my native country they take certificate of marriage when have issued divorce) hence data is going to be inaccurate anyway.

And unconsciously I fear that my case might go for years waiting because case worker will see it unusual in some way.

Do I really need to write all my wives in it?

How they are going to check that and what is the benefit here for anyone (UK, me, wives)?

I have common child with 1st and I live with 4th now.

Can I write just these two?

Thank you

British

Post by British » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:14 pm

You have had 4 wives?? :P :D 8) :lol:

Anyway... for your questions:

1. Yes, you will need to list all of those marraiges details and the divorce from each of those (3 in all) + your existing marriage details as well (4th wife).

If you are not sure about any dates, etc. details that you are putting in, then simply add that note in an extra sheet of paper and attach it as part of the application.

But in any case, you will need to list details of all your 4 marriages and 3 divorces.

Case worker is not concerned with how many times you have been married - its your problem (or pleasure maybe ;-)). So this factor should not cause any delay with your naturalising aspect.

regards.

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:41 pm

There's no point jeopardising your naturalisation application over such a silly thing. Although there's almost zero chance of the Home Office ever finding out about your marriages outside the UK, there's no point unnecessarily lying about it. The amount of marriages you have had in no way prejudices your naturalisation application.

My guess is that they want details of your previous marriages just in case they have had any (positive) impact on your immigration status in the UK.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

maxima

Post by maxima » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:24 pm

Dawie wrote:My guess is that they want details of your previous marriages just in case they have had any (positive) impact on your immigration status in the UK.
hehe. I wish! In this case I would have got naturalisation in 20 min :)

OL7MAX
Member of Standing

Post by OL7MAX » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:36 pm

How they are going to check
You'd be surprised.

It's a general rule of life that if something can be found out it's safer working on the premise that it will.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:41 pm

maxima,

Providing all required information is the wisest course to take in immigration matters - the position in all relevant legislation is that if anything is a 'material fact' then it must be declared e.g. your marriage/s. You only need to see examples on this forum where 'minor' misrepresentations have resulted in major problems including outright deportation.

good luck