ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

entering the usa?

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lrw
Newly Registered

entering the usa?

Post by lrw » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:20 am

hello guys,
i have a simple question i need an answer for.

when i enter the usa, what happenes if they deny my access?
do they stamp my passport with something?
do they leave a bad thing under my name for other countries to see when my passport gets scanned?
or do they just say no and turn me around?

thank you in advance

karan4all
Newly Registered

Re: entering the usa?

Post by karan4all » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:14 pm

lrw wrote:hello guys,

do they leave a bad thing under my name for other countries to see when my passport gets scanned?

thank you in advance

hi... why will they deny ur access if u have a valid visa? they will stamp u at the immigration check and the scanning will not leave any bad things under ur name.. i think u got everything... now i have a question for u...

what made u ask these silly questions...???

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:08 pm

Irw wrote:when i enter the usa, what happenes if they deny my access?
Depends on why you have been denied entry. You could be put on the next flight back home or at worst locked up overnight in jail pending your flight being organised - the latter is usually for expedited removal on grounds of fraud/ misrepresentation with a 5 year or lifetime ban as the case may be (misrepresentation of US citizenship) from the US and no scope for judicial review.

Irw wrote:do they stamp my passport with something?
sure they do - your visa will be cancelled/ invalidated and relevant codes of the INA (Immigration Act) stamped thereon.
Irw wrote:do they leave a bad thing under my name for other countries to see when my passport gets scanned?
The stamping above is an obvious give away of your US entry refusal. However your fingerprints and photo will be taken under VISIT scheme and details of the refusal will be added to the relevant immigration IT system. It may be some of this information is shared with other countries - as you would expect governments don't exactly give relevant details.

What is the purpose of your trip to the US and why do you expect to be refused entry?

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Re: entering the usa?

Post by Marco 72 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:20 am

lrw wrote:hello guys,

thank you in advance
You would probably get locked up overnight at an immigration detention center. It takes time for a place to be found on a return flight, even to the UK, and most airports have no facilities to detain people overnight. Depending on how they feel about you, you may be handcuffed during the trip. I don't know if they stamp your passport. After that you wiould need to fill in a special form before applying for a visa to the US, and you would never be able to use the VWP.