ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is immigration document for EEA2 applications?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

meir14

What is immigration document for EEA2 applications?

Post by meir14 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:48 pm

Hi,

I applied to EEA2 and planning to ask my passport returned for travelling. In the European Caseworker instructions, it is written that they issue EEA2 on an Home Office immigration document if they don't have passports.

What is exactly this immigration document? Is it like the blue card hold that they issue to EEA1 European nationals, or just a piece if A4 paper?

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:14 pm

Just a piece of A4 paper. They might still ask for the passport back to place the RC or issue it on A4, whatever the CW chooses to do.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:31 pm

Others have posted that it's an A4 piece of paper. There is information on UKBA website warning people not to laminate it as that would invalidate it.

Basically, it would be a pain to carry round.

I don't understand why they don't issue the residence card in the same blue cardboard that they do for EU nationals. That cardboard was designed for the purpose and is fold-able. It is very convenient.

olujay25

Post by olujay25 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:48 am

If its not really important I will suggest leave your passport with them because 7 out of 10 times they won't ask for your passport back, they will just issue it on A4 paper called immigration status document which is a pain to carry around and some embassy and airline don't recognise it as a legal status document. I know this because I had my PR issued on A4 paper after UKBA lost my passport.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:25 pm

olujay25 wrote:If its not really important I will suggest leave your passport with them because 7 out of 10 times they won't ask for your passport back, they will just issue it on A4 paper called immigration status document which is a pain to carry around and some embassy and airline don't recognise it as a legal status document. I know this because I had my PR issued on A4 paper after UKBA lost my passport.
Who did not recognize it - you mentioned airlines and embassies?

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:03 pm

Hi guys,,,have I got it right?!! you are saying that even without passport you can travel as long as you you hold RC or PR!!!
That is only a visa provided on A4 paper.
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:57 pm

spike_UK wrote:Hi guys,,,have I got it right?!! you are saying that even without passport you can travel as long as you you hold RC or PR!!!
That is only a visa provided on A4 paper.
I would not recommend that anyone tried to travel simply with RC or PR, but as it has a photo, etc, in theory one could use it to establish rights under the directive.