ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can my wife get visa and can she work in Ireland?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Maliklahore
Newly Registered

Post by Maliklahore » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:27 am

Hi I am Non EU. and an I.T engineer in Dublin.
I have working visa and working with a very good I.T comp in Dublin.
I have stamp 4 GNIB 2 years.
Now i want to get married with a Pakistani girl she is a physiotharapist and also registered with www.iscp.ie she is registered to work here. but she have no working visa.
Question. can she get visa after married with me and is she able to work in Ireland on this visa? please help urgent.

Malik.

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 am

As you are not in the United Kingdom, I think this is in the wrong forum. I am moving it to the "Europe" forum.
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:03 pm

What do you mean "she is registered to work here"? And what visa did she enter the country on?

According to http://www.oasis.gov.ie/employment/work ... orise.html
If you hold a working visa, you must have been in Ireland for one year and have an expectation of at least a further year before you can be joined by your spouse and/or dependent children. In both cases, you must be able to support family members without the need for them to have recourse to public funds or paid employment (unless a family member holds a working visa /work authorisation or work permit in his/her own right.

Since 2005 spouses of employees on working visas or work authorisations may be able to obtain work permits provided they are legally resident here. Read more about spousal work permits at http://www.oasis.gov.ie/utilities/redir ... cheme.html

Maliklahore
Newly Registered

Post by Maliklahore » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:20 pm

Hi
Thanks for the reply and moved...
She is a physiotherapist and a member of the www.iscp.ie. This is a Irish Society of Chartered physiotherapist. ( if any physiotherapist want to work in Ireland he or she has to register but still they need a work offer to get any working visa or work permit) . And if any physiotherapist want to join this he or she can apply online and send documents by post to get membership....................
She has 10 year exp. in the field of orthopaedic physiotherapist and her own earning is very nice there almost 2000 euro in Pakistan which is very good in Pakistan.........

And she is the member but she never came to Ireland.

If you need more info let me know .... Thanks

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:57 am

So she isnt currently in Ireland right?

Your girlfriend's occupation is on the list of categories of employment where skill shortages are particularly acute. She will need a job offer of employment from an Irish employer and can apply for a Working Visa from Pakistan. A working visa/work authorisation is usually valid for two years. Authorisation to continue to work and reside in the country may be granted at the end of the first period of validity. As a holder of a working visa/work authorisation, you are allowed to change your employer after arrival in Ireland as long as you continue to have authorisation to work and reside in the country.

http://www.oasis.gov.ie/employment/work ... orise.html

As I said in an earlier post, if she wishes to be sponsored by you, you have to have worked in Ireland for at least one year, with an expectation of at least a further year. Details of link in earlier post

Maliklahore
Newly Registered

Post by Maliklahore » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:47 pm

Hi
Thanks its clear now .
Thanks million everthing is clear in my mind. still i need 6 months more and she is coming on visit visa of her own.
Thanks
Malik