ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming ESA benefit and applying for spouse ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

koko_t
Newly Registered

Claiming ESA benefit and applying for spouse ILR

Post by koko_t » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:05 pm

I need to apply for my spouse ILR in August and I am currently employed and work for 16 hours a week and get about £500 per month. My husband (British citizen) is currently recieving ESA as his medical condition prevents him from working at the moment and gets £428 per month for ESA and disability living allowance. We are not claiming any other benefits. I have the following questions:

1. Can I get ILR based on my income of £500 per month and 16hr job?
2. Can I still get ILR when my husband is recieving income based ESA and DLA?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

chrisrich

Re: Claiming ESA benefit and applying for spouse ILR

Post by chrisrich » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:42 pm

koko_t wrote:I need to apply for my spouse ILR in August and I am currently employed and work for 16 hours a week and get about £500 per month. My husband (British citizen) is currently recieving ESA as his medical condition prevents him from working at the moment and gets £428 per month for ESA and disability living allowance. We are not claiming any other benefits. I have the following questions:

Yes, you will get your ILR & the benefits your husband gets won't affect it. As long as you can prove your marriage is genuine by submitting relevant documents you will be ok, finances come second when dealing with spouse ILR (even if you were unemployed as well you would still get it!
i hope that helps.
God has made everything beautiful in its time

koko_t
Newly Registered

Post by koko_t » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:54 pm

chrisrich wrote:
koko_t wrote:I need to apply for my spouse ILR in August and I am currently employed and work for 16 hours a week and get about £500 per month. My husband (British citizen) is currently recieving ESA as his medical condition prevents him from working at the moment and gets £428 per month for ESA and disability living allowance. We are not claiming any other benefits. I have the following questions:

Yes, you will get your ILR & the benefits your husband gets won't affect it. As long as you can prove your marriage is genuine by submitting relevant documents you will be ok, finances come second when dealing with spouse ILR (even if you were unemployed as well you would still get it!
i hope that helps.
Thanks for the reply it really is useful. Can you please tell what documents we might need? If I have to give my payslips, for how many months (minimum) will we need because its been only a week since I have got job?

chrisrich

Post by chrisrich » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:58 am

Thanks for the reply it really is useful. Can you please tell what documents we might need? If I have to give my payslips, for how many months (minimum) will we need because its been only a week since I have got job?[/quote]

Have a look at Set M, they mention the documents they need when you are submitting your application then if you have any questions or unsure about anything, please ask.
God has made everything beautiful in its time