ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PASSPORT INTERVIEW

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

DEVONIAN

PASSPORT INTERVIEW

Post by DEVONIAN » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:22 pm

Hi guys what number do I need to call to book a First passport interview. I inquired from the IPS and was told an interview invitation letter had been sent to me. As I'm working away from home, I thought I should simply call to book rather than wait until Easter weekend when I'll be back home before booking the interview.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:13 pm

Have you got the reference number?

See booking an interview.

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:48 pm

A few days ago when i called IPS to get reference number to book my interview, they said they can't give me reference number on phone and i will have to wait for my letter which came next day. So not sure if IPS will give you reference number on phone
Last edited by cricinfo on Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:26 pm

DEVONIAN

Post by DEVONIAN » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:28 am

Just an update guys. Contacted the IPS and was told the contents of the interview letter sent to me wouldn't be available on the system and therefore inaccessible until a week after the letter was dispatched, hence the inability of the IPS staff to divulge the requested information. Whilst taking me through security (and as I was trying to explain my situation), he also mentioned that he wouldn't, in all probabilities, be able to provide the needed information, which he ultimately did not. It's been a waste of my time and money...as I had to call the 0300 number a couple of times on my mobile phone (which I frankly avoided, but had to resort to because the public phone booths seemingly doesn't even recognise the 0300 lines and I'm not at home to use my landline). Tough enough...but will get there! More importantly, though, it's good to know that individual's personal details and security is of paramount importance to the IPS — no complaints.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:50 am

DEVONIAN wrote:It's been a waste of my time and money...as I had to call the 0300 number a couple of times on my mobile phone
0300 numbers are charged the same as calling a landline (01/02) and is normally included in the minutes allowance for pay monthly contracts.

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:08 am

DEVONIAN wrote:Just an update guys. Contacted the IPS and was told the contents of the interview letter sent to me wouldn't be available on the system and therefore inaccessible until a week after the letter was dispatched, hence the inability of the IPS staff to divulge the requested information. Whilst taking me through security (and as I was trying to explain my situation), he also mentioned that he wouldn't, in all probabilities, be able to provide the needed information, which he ultimately did not. It's been a waste of my time and money...as I had to call the 0300 number a couple of times on my mobile phone (which I frankly avoided, but had to resort to because the public phone booths seemingly doesn't even recognise the 0300 lines and I'm not at home to use my landline). Tough enough...but will get there! More importantly, though, it's good to know that individual's personal details and security is of paramount importance to the IPS — no complaints.
I received my interview letter last week but i asked IPS for a change of address on friday as i was moving house on weekend. I had to mail my new house contract as proof directly to the officer in peterborough office who was dealing with my application. Today i called IPS and they confirmed that new interview letter has been sent out today. She didn't give me the reference number but she confirmed the reference number which i had on my old letter as exactly same so i think they have access to the system but they probably are not allowed to share information.

DEVONIAN

Post by DEVONIAN » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:30 am

Jambo wrote:
DEVONIAN wrote:It's been a waste of my time and money...as I had to call the 0300 number a couple of times on my mobile phone
0300 numbers are charged the same as calling a landline (01/02) and is normally included in the minutes allowance for pay monthly contracts.
Jambo, you're, in deed, a guru! When I called my network yesterday, the lady told me the cost per minute to 0300 numbers. Following the info you gave here, I called my network again to ask how much I've already been charged for calling the 0300 number and the guy said I haven't been charged for the calls. Conflicting messages. However, we learn every day, don't we? Thanks, mate!

DEVONIAN

Post by DEVONIAN » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:42 am

cricinfo wrote: ...Today i called IPS and they confirmed that new interview letter has been sent out today. She didn't give me the reference number but she confirmed the reference number which i had on my old letter as exactly same so i think they have access to the system but they probably are not allowed to share information.

Thanks for sharing the info, cricinfo. It's all well and good. It, at least, helps to assure one that the IPS does everything possible to protect individual's confidentiality and security. I'm up for that!

laywee
Newly Registered

Passport interview

Post by laywee » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:19 pm

Hi Guys
I applied with Check and Send service through post office on the 28th March, I got my documents (Naturalization Cert & Iraqi passport) back today but no mention for interview? Is it issued on a separate letter? Or by phone?......or what?

cricinfo

Re: Passport interview

Post by cricinfo » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:42 pm

laywee wrote:Hi Guys
I applied with Check and Send service through post office on the 28th March, I got my documents (Naturalization Cert & Iraqi passport) back today but no mention for interview? Is it issued on a separate letter? Or by phone?......or what?
Yes. You will receive separate letter to book an interview for passport. If you have received your documents back already then hopefully you will receive your interview letter in next couple of days.