ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Discretion application.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

muhami01
Newly Registered

MN1 Discretion application.

Post by muhami01 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:59 pm

Hi All

I recently got ILR. I have 3 children 2 on them born in UK and one of them was born out side UK and he is living with us since 8 years, he also got ILR as dependant. My solicitor has advised me I can apply for citizenship long with other children under discretion.
has any one has smilar experience in past and what are his chances getting approved if I apply with others.

Regards

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:17 pm

How old is the child?

I would hold the born abroad child application until you apply for naturalisation.

see Q1 & Q2 in FAQ - most common questions - Children and the discretion caseworker instructions in particular 9.17.11 & 9.17.12.

muhami01
Newly Registered

Post by muhami01 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:33 am

he came to Uk, when he was 6 months old and now he is 8 and half years.
I have seen dont you think i will fit in 9.17.12. as I will be applying BC next year.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:40 am

If you are not in a rush to apply for BC citizenship for your kids, I would apply for for them all at the same time you apply next year.

This way your born abroad child is likely to get approved if your application is successful and you save £270 in the cost of applications for your children (you get discounted rate from the second child application).

urizki
Newly Registered

Post by urizki » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:42 pm

Muhami,

I had the same situation, applied for both of me kids. The one born in the UK was registered straight away, but after a few weeks delay had a response from HO saying NO to the other kid. Discussed with lawyers, they confirmed, that you should not try, unless one of the parents is british or about to become. There are indeed compelling reasons, but I hope you haven't got them, as it is related to health problems and/or discrimination. Mind you, you will have to prove that it is the case, but otherwise, if you can - wait till you apply all together.

Good luck