ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application Acknowledgment

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sumitt

Application Acknowledgment

Post by sumitt » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:57 am

Hi,

I am a contractor in UK. I applied for visa on 5th March and my visa expires on 1 april 2012. I have not recieved any info from home office since then.

Now, my contracting company says that i cannot work after 1 april if i dont have visa or a letter mentioning that i have applied for VISA.
Can i get an acknowledgement from home office that i have applied for one. Have any one heard or did something similar.

It is urgent please help.

Regards
Sumit

shahjee11

Re: Application Acknowledgment

Post by shahjee11 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:47 am

sumitt wrote:Hi,

I am a contractor in UK. I applied for visa on 5th March and my visa expires on 1 april 2012. I have not recieved any info from home office since then.

Now, my contracting company says that i cannot work after 1 april if i dont have visa or a letter mentioning that i have applied for VISA.
Can i get an acknowledgement from home office that i have applied for one. Have any one heard or did something similar.

Regards
Sumit
employers do ask for something to prove that you have applied for visa. It is obviously to be on safe side when the employer is questioned about the immigration status of an employee/ contractor in your case. Acknowledgement letter always works in these situations but since ukba is currently dealing with a high volume of application due to fee increases in april, it may take longer to send letters. its just a matter of wait to be honest. you can try ringing them up but I personally dont think it will speed up the process. If you have proof of dispatch of application, you can provide a copy of that to your company.

flybird
Newly Registered

Post by flybird » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:43 pm

sumitt wrote:I applied for visa on 5th March and my visa expires on 1 april 2012. I have not recieved any info from home office since then.
How you paid for the fees - Card/cheque? Has payment been taken?

sumitt

Post by sumitt » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:52 pm

Sorry for delayed reply, my internet access disrupted coz of house move.

@shahjee11: Thanks for clarification, i posted the application so i am not sure if receipt of post would be valid proof.

@flybird: There is an another twist to story here. i sent banker draft since i dont have credit card in Uk and my debit was was visa which for some unknown reason is not acceptable as mentioned in Payment section of application.

Can you please provide number on which to contact UKBA for this sort of query. I know they wont like intrupptions but i would like to give it a try.
It is strange that we dont have any mechanism to track my app. i dont even know that UKBA Is processing it or not even.
Any thoughts

Thanks and Regards
Sumit

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:48 pm

sumitt wrote:
Can you please provide number on which to contact UKBA for this sort of query. I know they wont like intrupptions but i would like to give it a try.
It is strange that we dont have any mechanism to track my app. i dont even know that UKBA Is processing it or not even.
Any thoughts

Thanks and Regards
Sumit
call Enquiry Phone: 0870 606 7766 and ask them for the email address where you can email them this query. Once you get a reply then print that, and show that to the employer. Maybe that could be considered as some kind of assurance.
Also since you have paid by Banker's Draft, it maybe worthwhile checking with the Bank if the payment has been taken by HO, maybe that can also act as proof.

sumitt

Post by sumitt » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:39 pm

Thanks a lot , i would give it a try tomorrow

Regards
Sumit

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:30 am

sumitt wrote: my debit was was visa which for some unknown reason is not acceptable as mentioned in Payment section of application.
You can pay by Visa Debit Cards. I did too.
Give me more Karma (+)

mrajkumar
India

Post by mrajkumar » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:16 am

can u please let us know where it is mentioned that Visa Debit cards are not acceptable? I dont see anything on the payment section which says visa debit card is not acceptable.
sumitt wrote:Sorry for delayed reply, my internet access disrupted coz of house move.

@shahjee11: Thanks for clarification, i posted the application so i am not sure if receipt of post would be valid proof.

@flybird: There is an another twist to story here. i sent banker draft since i dont have credit card in Uk and my debit was was visa which for some unknown reason is not acceptable as mentioned in Payment section of application.

Any thoughts

Thanks and Regards
Sumit

ashdaone1
- thin ice -

Post by ashdaone1 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:32 am

Regards
Sumit
You should have received an acknowledgement letter by now. You should cal and check with UKBA if they have sent you one. If you explain your situation, they can be quite helpful. Try avoid calling during lunch times - it gets too busy. Best of luck

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:35 am

ashdaone1 wrote:

Regards
Sumit
You should have received an acknowledgement letter by now. You should cal and check with UKBA if they have sent you one. If you explain your situation, they can be quite helpful. Try avoid calling during lunch times - it gets too busy. Best of luck
My understanding is that handful of people never receive the acknowledgement letter. So, if you application fees are deducted then sit back and relax :)
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

vignezh

Post by vignezh » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:04 pm

I sent my application on 12th March and am yet to receive the acknowledgment letter. I paid by Bankers draft too. I checked with my bank and they said the payment has gone through only late last week 22nd or 23rd March. I tried calling UKBA three times, but each time they ask us to wait for at least 4 weeks and then call back if we haven't received the letter or even biometric invitation. They dont have a clue how much stress we must go through...

sumitt

Post by sumitt » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:59 am

Hi Guys,

I got acknowldgement letter but now my surname is wrong in the letter. Can you quickly give me number on which i should call. Is it general public enquiry office number?

08706067766??

Regards
Sumit

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:09 am

sumitt wrote:Hi Guys,

I got acknowldgement letter but now my surname is wrong in the letter. Can you quickly give me number on which i should call. Is it general public enquiry office number?

08706067766??

Regards
Sumit
You can call them on the number mentioned and check.

I don't think they will issue another ACK letter but it's always worth a try.
Give me more Karma (+)

sumitt

No body is picking up

Post by sumitt » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:52 am

Hi, I tried calling on the number but no body is picking up. Is this normal or i am in wrong queue??

I clicked option 4 in general inquiries and then no option ??

Please help. Can i drop an email just to have some proof that i highlighted it earlier.

Whats the email id??
Regards
Sumit

QuickSam
BANNED

Re: No body is picking up

Post by QuickSam » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:34 pm

sumitt wrote:Hi, I tried calling on the number but no body is picking up. Is this normal or i am in wrong queue??

I clicked option 4 in general inquiries and then no option ??

Please help. Can i drop an email just to have some proof that i highlighted it earlier.

Whats the email id??
Regards
Sumit
There is no email id for such issues.
Give me more Karma (+)

abby92

Post by abby92 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:00 pm

Hi Sumitt

I had the same problem. My surname on acknowledgement letter was incorrect. I actually did nothing as I knew that phoning or writing a letter will be pointless so I waited for the actual BRP letter. It arrived yesterday and everything was fine there. No issues. I personally think that acknowledgement letters are issued from the payments/initial checks team who are not the caseworking teams.
Last edited by abby92 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sumitt

Thanks Abby92

Post by sumitt » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:19 am

Hi Abby,

I contacted one Visa agent for suggestions and he advised me the same things that payments are actually processed by different department and it is just a clerical mistake that happened with few of his cases.

It is good for you that BPR the correction is done. Hope fully it will be done for me as well and hopefully i will receive BPR letter soon .

Thanks
Sumit