ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success - PEO Croydon - 28/03/2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wilayatmalik
Newly Registered

ILR Success - PEO Croydon - 28/03/2012

Post by wilayatmalik » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:26 am

Hi all,

I thought I will share my experience as well for PEO Croydon today as this is really helpfull to plan your day when you are visiting PEO.

My Case: HSMP (2 Years - March 2007 - April 2009) + Tier 1 (3 Years - April 2009 - April 2012)

My appointment was at 8am and I got there at 7am to make sure that I am ahead of the queue. I was the first one in the queue. Got entry at 7:30am and after security checks went to a counter to get the application checked. He put the Valid Stamp on the application form and asked me to go to first floor for payment. I made the payment by credit card and asked to wait for Biometrics. After about 15 minutes, my ticket number was called and registered for Biometrics.

After Biometrics I was asked to go to 2nd floor and wait until my number is called. It was 08:10 by then and waited until 9am to be called. I think that is the time when the case workers start working.

Case worker asked to submit all the documents including application form, passport, bank statements, payslips, employer letter and P60s (Case worker did ask for P60s).

I did not have seperate absences sheet and just had my absences on the form. She asked me to count the days for each absence, write on the side of the form and total them up. I did that and it was 101 days in 5 years.

She asked me to wait for some time until she calls me back. I sat on the seats infront of her and she carried on doing her work. After 10 minutes she called me and asked for P60s as I did not give her P60s (even though she asked for them). I gave her my P60s then.

She asked me to wait again and after about 20 minutes she called me again and gave me the good news that I have been granted ILR and my Biometric will arrive in 7-10 working day.

Documents Submitted:

- Passports and copies including the copies for exit/entry stamp pages.
- Form SET (O)
- Life in UK Test Pass Certificate and copy
- 12 months bank statements and copies
- 12 months payslips and copies
- Letter from employer and a copy (she also asked for the letter specifically)
- 4 P60s and copies

She did not ask me any single question apart from asking for documents.

Any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Wil

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:28 pm

Congrats wilayatmalik !

jasb_003

ILR points

Post by jasb_003 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:35 pm

Congrats Wilayatmalik,
Can you please confirm to me that on what basis you claimed the points for age in ILR application.Is it your age the time of HSMP application in 2007 or at the time of extension in 2009.My case is similar to you and I am due for ILR in September.
Congrats once again.

Thanks

Londonguy79

congrats

Post by Londonguy79 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:09 pm

hey will congrats I was there today as well for ILR at 9am I think I know which one you were... I had 265 out of the UK because my wife is czech and they did not grant my ILR today it has gone off for more "checks"..

Not good...

barker

Post by barker » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:00 pm

Congrats wilayatmalik!!!

On a separate note it seems that caseworkers are asking for P60 for all 5 years to applicants. This is a little worrying for me as we do not have this for the entire period. Shouldn't the Tier 1 confirmation letter showing points claimed for Tier 1 extension be adequate for this?

wilayatmalik
Newly Registered

Post by wilayatmalik » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:05 pm

I claimed points based on my initial HSMP application. I got 5 points on that application and I claimed the same this time.

However, I think the case workers are mainly concerned with the income and your economic activity for 5 years rather than qualification or age etc.

You will get the same points as your initial application for qualification and age, etc.

I read on this forum that some case workers don't really ask for P60s so I believe it depends on case worker. However, I would recommend to have P60s with you or an alternative to this for last 4 years.

Please note that I lost original P60 for year 2008-2009 (I had a copy for that period though) but I had a letter from employer confirming income for that period which I gave to the case worker.

I did tell the case worker that I have approval letters for HSMP and Tier 1 (G) but she said that she don't need them.

Londonguy79..... good luck with your application and hope you get it soon.

Thanks,

jasb_003

ILR points

Post by jasb_003 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:21 pm

Thanks wilayat malik.Enjoy your life ahead.

11ollie7
Newly Registered

Post by 11ollie7 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:20 am

Congrats on getting your application approved!

I was just wondering what the letter from your employer was - is it just to say that you are employed by them and they want you to stay on?

Thanks.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:02 am

11ollie7: you are confusing Tier-2 letter with Tier-1 employer letter.

Employment Letter for Tier-2 is a mandatory requirement which should say your SOC code and also things like you will still be needed in future.

Where as Tier-1 applicants don’t even need a letter from their employer (unless you have something to explain like more than 180 absences for business reason etc).

But it’s still advisable for Tier-1 applicants to provide a simple letter from their employers which should just say their name, employed from, job title and salary.

wilayatmalik
Newly Registered

Post by wilayatmalik » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:45 am

I had a detailed employer letter stating my job title, employment start date and a detailed table for my monthly income for 12 months in the following format:
Period Payment Date Gross Pay Tax Deducted NI Deducted Net Pay

Even though, I don't think you really need one for Tier 1 purposes but prefer to have one.

Thanks,

fahadz1
BANNED

Re: ILR Success - PEO Croydon - 28/03/2012

Post by fahadz1 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:11 pm

wilayatmalik wrote:Hi all,

I thought I will share my experience as well for PEO Croydon today as this is really helpfull to plan your day when you are visiting PEO.

My Case: HSMP (2 Years - March 2007 - April 2009) + Tier 1 (3 Years - April 2009 - April 2012)

My appointment was at 8am and I got there at 7am to make sure that I am ahead of the queue. I was the first one in the queue. Got entry at 7:30am and after security checks went to a counter to get the application checked. He put the Valid Stamp on the application form and asked me to go to first floor for payment. I made the payment by credit card and asked to wait for Biometrics. After about 15 minutes, my ticket number was called and registered for Biometrics.

After Biometrics I was asked to go to 2nd floor and wait until my number is called. It was 08:10 by then and waited until 9am to be called. I think that is the time when the case workers start working.

Case worker asked to submit all the documents including application form, passport, bank statements, payslips, employer letter and P60s (Case worker did ask for P60s).

I did not have seperate absences sheet and just had my absences on the form. She asked me to count the days for each absence, write on the side of the form and total them up. I did that and it was 101 days in 5 years.

She asked me to wait for some time until she calls me back. I sat on the seats infront of her and she carried on doing her work. After 10 minutes she called me and asked for P60s as I did not give her P60s (even though she asked for them). I gave her my P60s then.

She asked me to wait again and after about 20 minutes she called me again and gave me the good news that I have been granted ILR and my Biometric will arrive in 7-10 working day.

Documents Submitted:

- Passports and copies including the copies for exit/entry stamp pages.
- Form SET (O)
- Life in UK Test Pass Certificate and copy
- 12 months bank statements and copies
- 12 months payslips and copies
- Letter from employer and a copy (she also asked for the letter specifically)
- 4 P60s and copies

She did not ask me any single question apart from asking for documents.

Any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Wil
y the hell she dont count her self the absences ? its her duty not ours.........

lucky1234

Want to Swap ILR Croydon Appointment?

Post by lucky1234 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:48 am

Hi All,

Want to Swap ILR Croydon Appointment?

I have ILR appointment booked in croydon on 16April 2012 and would like to swap it with someone who has an appointment booked between 20th and 30th April 2012. It must match the following specification.

Appointment specification:

SET(O) for 3 People (Main applicant & two dependants).

It is easy to swap and i will explain the procedure.

Anyone interested please let me know as soon as possible.

Cheers