ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Rules for HSMP Extension - Are you affected? - Poll

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

HSMP Extension New Rules since 07/11/2006- How you are affected?

I am able to score 75points, and also fulfill IELTS requiements and will get extension
20%
I qualify for 75 points but will find it hard to collect supporting evidences before my application date
12%
I may score 75 but may not abe able to provide proof for IELTS / English requirements
8%
I do not get 75 points, it appears that I may have to leave UK
59%

Total votes: 49

Ashwin2005

New Rules for HSMP Extension - Are you affected? - Poll

Post by Ashwin2005 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:31 pm

Dear all,
Let us get some statistics on how those who need to apply for FLR(HSMP) are affected by the new changes.

Ashwin2005

Post by Ashwin2005 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:03 am

Can members please respond?
Last edited by Ashwin2005 on Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ashwin2005

Post by Ashwin2005 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:58 am

It appears that significant percentage are affected.

Guys, when you vote put some comments also on how you are affected. With no comments, this poll will go far below the other postings, losing visibility.

Moderators, in view of the inportance of the issue, can you consider making this poll "sticky"?

fosho

Post by fosho » Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:40 pm

I do not have problem to score the 75 points and already I have the ILTS
but I am against the way the HO changes the rules for an existing hsmp
I am not sure what would they do next time!!!

Vivid
Newly Registered

I against the new rule

Post by Vivid » Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:46 pm

I was working in IT/telecom industry.I think I fulfill the 75 ponts and IELTS 6.5. but I against the new rule because they broke the law they implemented.

they should keep their promise ! and respect their law.

next time will be FLR(ILR).
Last edited by Vivid on Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Ashwin2005

Post by Ashwin2005 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:15 pm

Vivid,

I understand, it is very frustrating. Even those who fulfill the requirements, need to spend lot of time collecting original documents for preparing the application.

If you are in contract kind of jobs, you hardly get time. When the extension becomes a question mark, it is very stressful. Finding next job becomes even more difficult.

Real problem is for those whose extension is due in the next 2/3 months. What will happen to children's education, housing lease, all these require planning. Since very little time is available, it is very difficult to adjust to the new rules.

Vivid
Newly Registered

Post by Vivid » Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:05 pm

Ashwin2005 wrote:Vivid,

I understand, it is very frustrating. Even those who fulfill the requirements, need to spend lot of time collecting original documents for preparing the application.

If you are in contract kind of jobs, you hardly get time. When the extension becomes a question mark, it is very stressful. Finding next job becomes even more difficult.

Real problem is for those whose extension is due in the next 2/3 months. What will happen to children's education, housing lease, all these require planning. Since very little time is available, it is very difficult to adjust to the new rules.
I need to rethink again to settle down here.I feel U.K is not secure place for skilled person. Now I am so worry about my family future to stay here because the law is on HO's mouth.
Last edited by Vivid on Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

indianpirate
Newly Registered

HSMP approved outside uk in 2005-Dec

Post by indianpirate » Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:12 pm

Hi Guys,
I am given entry clearance into the UK in December-2005 and it took me 2 months 28 days to relocate and 2.5 months to find a skilled job. I spoke to WPUK call centre that I was unable to relocate immediately, and hence it is impractical to expect 8 months earnings and she said we will consider such issues.
I suggest and request everybody like me call them and explain them. ask them to record this problem so that at least we can be given some consideration. I hope. u never know. but we have to try.
cheers guys

Ashwin2005

Post by Ashwin2005 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:01 pm

Those who have only IELTS requirements lacking, I feel this can be easily solved by registering for the exam. They give the result within 13 days, so you can attach the score with the application. I feel scoring Band 6 should not be difficult.

MUGHAL
Mood:

Re: New Rules for HSMP Extension - Are you affected? - Poll

Post by MUGHAL » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:43 pm

please we should think about the practical steps not to vote and share the feelings only in our computers etc.............
New laws should be only for new applicants and that's it.

Ashwin2005

Post by Ashwin2005 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:06 pm

Very shocking poll result indeed, so far only 15% appear to qualify for FLR(HSMP) extension without any problems.

Vivid
Newly Registered

Post by Vivid » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:20 pm

Ashwin2005 wrote:Very shocking poll result indeed, so far only 15% appear to qualify for FLR(HSMP) extension without any problems.
Dear All

we start to form a urgent group of all those who are affected by these changes.

Then we all have to seek legal assistance.

please Join the goup

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HSMP2006/

HSMP2006@yahoogroups.com

Thanks

MUGHAL
Mood:

Re: New Rules for HSMP Extension - Are you affected? - Poll

Post by MUGHAL » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:39 pm

if u are affected by the new rules then open the web site and write to your MP................

http://www.writetothem.com/?keyword=loc ... EQod0hw0AQ

Abiola
Newly Registered

Post by Abiola » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:42 am

i do not qualify and just signed a long lease contract on 1st of Nov.
This is unfair.

Ashwin2005

Post by Ashwin2005 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:53 pm

There is real problem for those who are close to the expiry of initial HSMP period. How can such people try for a job, with Visa expiring in the next 2/3 months? If they don't keep earning, their points are going to be reduced..

fosho

Post by fosho » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:29 pm

Markie

Post by Markie » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:14 am

Well said Ashwin.

In my case, even though I have secured a very good paying job, I can't reach 75pts (max is 70) as I am nearing my FLR application. :cry:

I have 30 on educ qualification / 35 on earnings and 5 pts on work experience. I got this job only for about 2.5 months only and been painstakingly awaiting the job since June!

The new guidelines are very very detrimental to those individuals that were part of the last batch that got a 1 year HSMP visa validity. For the 2-year visa holders, they have at least 12months to recoup the spoils and prepare for their application.

I am also in worm-hole so-to speak as I am also part of the 1+3+1 group!

What a shame. You declared that the UK will be your primary home and in return they give us this treatment. I am not being pessimistic but that is life. Have faith in God and it will work wonders.

markie

markie

egoode
Newly Registered

Post by egoode » Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:01 pm

Well I've only just received my HSMP a few months ago. I'm lucky as I should have no problem renewing my visa unless the contract market collapses.
I feel sorry for you who may not be able to get an extension but I can see why the Home Office has done this. It does seem unfair for those who already have the visa but all the new applicants will now know what is required and will have to research more throughly how much in demand their skills are.
After all they originally only wanted very Highly Skilled people that could fill vancancies in the UK market. It appears that a large number of people came over here highly skilled but not necessarily in the areas that the UK wanted, hence why they couldn't get the right jobs. This now stops people from coming over here and not working in skilled jobs. After all if you were earning high salaries in your home country you should be able to get high UK Salaries.

t4tahir
Newly Registered

New FLR FAQ

Post by t4tahir » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:09 pm

Hi All

I sent email to HSMP team to confirm which IELTS is accepted for HSMP Extension either Academic or General Training , they did not respond properly but provided the FAQ of FLR which are not on there website yet.

Have a look might be its usefull for you

But I think we all should appeal to change the rule for FLR at least and implement this rule for the people which are coming in future in UK.

I totally stopped my plans of buying property or even car in this country after this sudden rule change, and I feel scared to stay in UK on HSMP visa honestly! No one knows they will put more strict rules on ILR now for HSMP people.

My email to home HSMP team and reply is below

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Thank you for your enquiry about the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP).

Unfortunately, due to an unprecedented level of requests for information by e-mail we have compiled a list of "frequently asked questions" that we hope will address your query.

On 7th November the Government announced a change in the rules for HSMP with immediate effect, including a change to the points criteria, and a short suspension of the programme lasting until 5th December 2006.

The new points criteria is designed to better reflect the likelihood of the migrant's labour market success, and will bring the programme closer in line with the Government's aims for migration, including an objective to "boost Britain's economy by bringing the right skills here from around the world".

The change in assessment criteria reflects our determination to ensure greater transparency and objectivity in decision making for the applicant.

There will still be a two-staged decision-making process for initial applications. Migrants must first apply for an approval letter and once this has been awarded, then apply for entry clearance if abroad, or leave to remain if they are in the UK and eligible to switch onto HSMP.

There will also be a more robust test for applicants seeking to extend their existing period of leave under HSMP, including a points scoring assessment.

Where extension applicants fail to meet the new criteria there will be transitional arrangements in place.
FAQ

1. What's happening?
On 7 November 2006, the Government announced significant changes to the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP). HSMP is currently the only points-based immigration route into the UK. Applicants under this scheme will be judged against new points criteria designed to better reflect the likelihood of migrants' labour market success and to bring the most highly skilled to the UK, helping to meet the Government's strategic objective to boost the UK economy.

2. Why has it been suspended?
Suspending the HSMP for 27 days will enable us to manage the transition more effectively within the available resources and maintain good customer service when the new arrangements are introduced.

We are keen to ensure that when customers make their application they are fully aware of the criteria they are applying under; the suspension will allow a better transfer to the new arrangements. It would have been unfair to have tried to assess customer's applications on the new criteria, when they had applied under the old criteria.

The suspension will not apply to Entry Clearance applications for those who already have an HSMP approval letter; overseas posts will not be required to deal with the transition as the changes will have a more limited impact on their operations.

3. When will it re-open?
The scheme will re-open with the new criteria in place on 5 December 2006

4. What are the new criteria?
We will introduce a more robust points test for both initial HSMP applications and Leave to Remain applications for those migrants looking for an extension of an initial period of leave under HSMP. For extensions, this involves replacing the current test, that applicants must show that they have 'taken all reasonable steps to become lawfully economically active' with a new points test, which applies a similar points scoring assessment to the assessment being introduced for initial HSMP applications. A separate, mandatory English Language Requirement is also being introduced, both at initial and extension stage.

The change in assessment criteria reflects our determination to ensure greater transparency and objectivity in decision making for the applicant. As a result of analysis of the scheme, we have concluded that the current criteria are not the best indicators of labour market success. The new criteria are qualifications, previous earnings, age (on a sliding scale) and bonus points for having studied or worked in the UK. There will also be a new English language requirement.

We are also revising the Leave to Remain criteria to ensure that those people on the programme who wish to extend their stay have been making a contribution to the UK economy.

5. What other options do I have if not HSMP?
Those on the HSMP who apply for leave during the suspension period will not be disadvantaged, as they will be given the opportunity to provide further evidence towards the consideration of their application under the new rules.

Transitional arrangements will also apply for those whose leave application is made, but whose leave expires under the new rules. Those who are making a useful contribution to the UK economy - for example, working in a skilled job - but who fail to meet the new requirements, will be offered a 'grace period' in which they can switch into the Work Permits scheme (provided they meet the work permits criteria, with the Resident Labour Market Test being waived if they've been in post for a specified period).

6. Is the fee going to change?
There will be no change to the fees. The HSMP fee will remain at £315 and extension applications submitted on the FLR(HSMP) form will continue to be £335 per application

7. What will happen to my application at the time of the suspension?
All HSMP applications on the old form will be accepted by the payment processing centre up to 5pm on the 7 November. .

The payment processing centre will return initial HSMP applications on the old form received after this date to the source address, without processing the fee, with an explanatory letter.

Extension applications will continue to be accepted during the suspension period for the purpose of protecting leave. However, they will not be considered until the suspension has ended and applicants will be offered the opportunity to submit additional evidence against the new criteria.

8. When will forms and guidance will be available on the new criteria?
The new HSMP form and guidance will be available from our website from 7 November. Hard copy forms and guidance will be available later in November.

From 8 November, applications for leave under HSMP should no longer be made using the old FLR(IED) - although this form will continue to be accepted until 4 December.

Applicants should be reminded not to submit their new form until 5 December, Any applications received during that time will take more time to process than those received from 5 December which will have priority having adhered to the guidance for submission of applications.

9. Will you still reward applicants who have undertaken MBA
Applicants who received Masters from the HM Treasury list of 50 institutions will continue to benefit from a specific provision, granting the full points requirement. They will also have to satisfy the English language requirement. At extension, however, these MBAs will count only as a Masters degree, and will therefore be eligible for 35 points.

10. Why we will be testing English for all and what do people need to demonstrate?
Applicants under this scheme will be judged against criteria designed to better reflect the likelihood of a migrant's labour market success, and the use of English within the UK labour market is seen as a key part of these criteria.

All applicants will be required to speak English to a required level. English language proficiency will be tested at both initial HSMP and at extension stage. A standard of English language equivalent to the internationally recognised IELTS Qualification Level 6 will be required, although some alternative English language tests deemed equivalent to IELTS 6 will also be acceptable. Alternatively, individuals with evidence of studying a Bachelors degree taught in English will also qualify.

Evidence required for IELTS Test: IELTS Test report form, which must be less than 2 years old at the time of application.
Evidence required for alternative test: Original test report or certificate
Evidence required for a Degree taught in English: Degree certificate and letter from institution confirming degree was taught in English, letter from awarding institute and academic transcript

11. What happens if you are no longer eligible under the new FLR criteria?
We have developed transitional arrangements to avoid disadvantaging those that fail to meet the new requirements but are making a useful contribution to the UK.

Those working in a skilled job, but don't qualify under the new HSMP criteria, will be allowed to switch into work permits, (provided they meet the Work Permits criteria, with the Resident Labour Market Test being waived if they've been in post for specified period).

Migrants in self-employment who fail to meet the 75 points under the Points Scoring Assessment (PSA), will be able to have their applications considered under the transitional arrangements for Self Employed Persons included on the FLR(HSMP) form. If they meet the requirements of these transitional arrangements, this will be accepted in lieu of meeting the 75 points required under the PSA. They will still have to meet the other Immigration Rules requirements, including the mandatory English Language Test.
12. What happens if you wanted to switch during the suspension period?
Customers who wanted to switch into HSMP during the suspension will have to wait until 5 December to submit their HSMP application, but can submit an application for further leave to remain, under HSMP, prior to submitting this application/obtaining your HSMP approval letter, if their existing leave to enter/remain in the UK is due to expire either during the suspension period or shortly after it ends.

The benefit of making such an application is that, provided it is valid and is submitted before your existing leave expires, by virtue of Section 3C of the 1971 Immigration Act, your existing leave will be deemed to be extended until such time as a decision has been reached on your HSMP application.

In light of the 'suspension' period, Work Permits (UK) will hold open such early leave applications (provided they have been accepted as 'valid') until the end of the suspension period and, providing an HSMP application is submitted within 21 days after the end of the suspension, will continue to hold the leave application open, until the HSMP application is decided.

However, the risk associated with making such an application for leave before obtaining confirmation that a HSMP application has been approved, is that, should the customer's HSMP application fall for refusal, their leave application will be refused in line with it and no fee will be refunded.

13. How long have you known about this?
Work on developing the HSMP criteria to ensure that they are the best indicators of labour market success has been going on for some time. However we have only very recently received Ministerial endorsement of our implementation plan.

Suspending the HSMP for 27 days will enable us to manage the transition most effectively within the available resources and ensure that current levels of customer service are maintained when the new arrangements are introduced.

Premature announcement of the 27 day suspension of the scheme may have jeopardised the smooth implementation of the revised scheme, for instance by causing a surge of applications.

14. Which forms and guidance notes to I need to use, and where can I get them?
The new application form and guidance notes will be available from 8th November 2006, a new form FLR(HSMP) is now required for all Leave to Remain applications under HSMP, this will also be available from 8th November 2006.

You can download the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme guidance notes and application form from our Website www.workingintheuk.gov.uk using the 'All Forms' link on the right hand side of the homepage. Alternatively, you can request a copy to be posted to you by calling our Distribution Centre on 0870 521 0224.

However, customers should not submit their initial applications before 5 December. Any applications received during that time will take more time to process than those received from 5 December which will have priority having adhered to the guidance for submission of applications.

15. Can I apply for this scheme by e-mail?
This service is not currently available for HSMP applications.

16. Do I need to send my passport in with the HSMP application forms?
No, do NOT send your passport in at this stage.

17. What if I meet the points threshold to gain HSMP but don't have the evidence to meet the English language requirement?
In order to qualify for HSMP approval you must achieve 75 points in the Points Scoring Assessment and also demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement. If you cannot meet both of these requirements, your application will be refused.

18. I was intending to enter the UK under the GP Provision, is this still possible?
The GP Provision was removed from the HSMP on 08/11/06. Individuals who would have previously been granted HSMP approval under the GP Provision may, however, still apply for HSMP approval but must meet the points threshold and the English Language requirement in order to qualify.

19. I have previously studied and worked in the UK, can I claim five points in the UK Experience category for each of these?
You can only claim a total of five points in this points scoring area for either UK study or previous UK employment but not both.

20. I have evidence other than that stated which I wish to be considered in place of those documents, can I do this?
No. Only the specified evidence will be accepted. In exceptional circumstances we may be willing to consider alternative documents, but only those we have stipulated. Any documentation which does not meet out requirements will not be considered and may lead to refusal of the application.

21. Where do I send the completed application form and how?
Initial applications should NOT be sent directly to the HSMP team.

Application forms for initial approval should be sent to our payment-processing site at the following address:

By Post:
Work Permits (HSMP)
P.O. Box 3975
Sheffield
S1 9BL

By Courier:
Work Permits (HSMP)
7th Floor
Fountain Precinct
Balm Green
Sheffield
S1 2JA

22. Do you acknowledge receipt of the application?
We will confirm receipt of your application if you complete the relevant section, this will be sent once the payment has cleared and the application is received by the HSMP team.

23. What is the fee for consideration of an application and how do I pay?
The HSMP fee is £315. Payment can be made by one of the 3 methods indicated on the payment form:

* UK Postal Order
* Credit/Debit card or
* Cheque. Please make cheques payable to 'Home Office, Work Permits (UK)'.

You will be exempt from these charges if you are a national of Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Croatia, FYR of Macedonia, Moldova, Romania or Turkey

1. How do I know what documents to send with an application?
The HSMP Guidelines explains the evidence we require from you in order to qualify for points towards the scheme.

2. Do you accept copies of certificates or other evidence?
Any documentary evidence you provide should be original. Where a document is not in English the original must be accompanied by a fully certified translation by an officially recognised translator. An officially recognised translator is defined as one that is recognised by the local British High Commission or Embassy.

3. Will my documents be returned after consideration?
The HSMP case-working Team will return your documents once the application process is complete. If you need your documents back before this time, please contact the HSMP Team.

For applications made within the UK, all documents will be dispatched using Recorded Delivery. For applications made from outside of the UK, this information will be sent by airmail.

4. Can I arrange a courier to collect my documents from Sheffield after my application has been processed?
If you wish to arrange a courier to collect your documents please notify the HSMP team by fax on 0114 207 6021 and they will contact you to let you know when and where your documents will ready for collection. Please be aware that the HSMP team will not sign any documents from the courier company or pay for this service.

5. Can I send additional documents after I have made the initial application?
Yes, you can send in additional documents provided they reach the HSMP team before a decision has been considered. Please send any clearly identifiable additional documents directly to the HSMP Team in Sheffield.

By Post:
HSMP Team
Home Office
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

By Courier:
WP(UK) HSMP Team
Home Office
Moorfoot
Sheffield
S1 4PQ

6. What are your processing times?
Please see our website for agreed service standards.

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... dards.html

7. Can my application be processed any faster than published estimates?
It is possible to make a request for your application to be processed urgently in the following circumstances:

You have urgent travel commitments;
You require urgent medical treatment;
You have received an offer of employment;
You have other exceptional circumstances.

You will be required to complete an HSMP Urgent Treatment form which can be faxed to the HSMP Team on 0114 207 6021. You can obtain a copy of this form from our website www.workingintheuk.gov.uk using the 'All Forms' link on the right hand side of the homepage.

8. How do I notify a change of my address?

If you change your address please send full details to the HSMP Team in writing to:
E-mail: HSMP.workpermits@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Fax: 0114 207 6021.

9. How long have I got, after a successful application decision, to enter the UK?
You must apply for entry clearance at a British Embassy within your own country and within 6 months from the date of your approval letter.

10. How do I apply for an extension to an existing HSMP permission or one close to expiry?

Extension applications must be submitted one month before your leave to remain as a Highly Skilled Migrant expires.

Please complete an FLR(HSMP) form, enclosing the appropriate fee (£335) and documents. Your passport and those of any dependants must be sent together with the FLR(HSMP) form in order to be endorsed.

11. I was initially granted 1 year on HSMP, for how long will this be extended when I apply for an extension?

The Immigration Rules allow an extension of stay as a Highly Skilled Migrant to be granted for a period 'not exceeding three years'. However, in light of the changes to the Immigration Rules which came into effect on 3 April 2006 and increased the qualifying period for settlement from four to five years, you may be granted a 4 year extension.

12. I have been in working in the UK for 4 years and my HSMP visa is about to expire, can I apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain?

No, the minimum requirement for Indefinite Leave to Remain is now 5 years. You should apply for Further Leave to Remain, which is normally granted for 3 years, but you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain as soon as you reach the 5-year minimum.

13. My application for HSMP was unsuccessful, what can I do?

If you believe the marking has been unfair and you wish the case to be reviewed without submitting any new evidence, then simply complete the Review Request Form, using the 'All Forms' link on the working in the UK website, outlining the point where you think the case should have been marked differently (please include your reference number) and post to our Sheffield address. Your case will then be passed to a different case-worker who will independently mark it. You will not be charged for this.

However if you wish to submit new, or additional, evidence to support your application, or if you wish to claim additional points, you must submit a new HSMP application, on a new form and all the original documentary evidence. As this constitutes a new and separate application, you will be charged the standard cost for this.

Ref: 12569

> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Tahir
> > Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2006 9:58 AM
> > To: WPCustomers
> > Subject: IELTS Requirment for HSMP Extention
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I have My HSMP Extension Due in March 2007, I have read the New FLR form for HSMP and it shows that I need to gain 75 points for the extension of HSMP, I have a confusion of IELTS test requirement, IELTS test has two types one is (Academic) and second is (General Training) normally General Training is required for Immigration purpose (like Canada or Australia), can you please confirm which IELTS test I should give (Academic or General Training)
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > --------
> > Regards,
> >
> >
> > Tahir Qayyum

Tahir Qayyum
VoIP Engineer
VoIPerz Networks
London , United Kingdom
Mobile : +44 ( 0 ) 7733351613

Tobias1972
Newly Registered

Post by Tobias1972 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:12 pm

egoode wrote: I feel sorry for you who may not be able to get an extension but I can see why the Home Office has done this. It does seem unfair for those who already have the visa but all the new applicants will now know what is required and will have to research more throughly how much in demand their skills are.
Well...that's the thing. The new HSMP doesn't measure any particular skills (other than one's skill at being young, finishing any degree, and earning a certain amount of money any legal way possible) and doesn't take any particular shortage areas into consideration. In fact, the only assessment of practical skills (work experience) was eliminated.

Consider this: Bill Gates left Harvard before obtaining his degree. He could not qualify for HSMP.

Meanwhile, a 25-year-old highly paid exotic dancer from Las Vegas who happens to hold a bachelor's degree could easily get the new HSMP.

Again, the new HSMP says nothing about skill sets or desired areas of expertise. Simply age, educational level, and earning power.

EdgeHillMole

Re: HSMP approved outside uk in 2005-Dec

Post by EdgeHillMole » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:23 pm

indianpirate wrote:Hi Guys,
I am given entry clearance into the UK in December-2005 and it took me 2 months 28 days to relocate and 2.5 months to find a skilled job.
I have a similar story. I had a house to sell, and then it took a few months once in the UK to find a good job.
PROUD to be part of the 2008 European Capital of Culture

EdgeHillMole

Post by EdgeHillMole » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:42 pm

Tobias1972 wrote:Well...that's the thing. The new HSMP doesn't measure any particular skills (other than one's skill at being young, finishing any degree, and earning a certain amount of money any legal way possible) and doesn't take any particular shortage areas into consideration. In fact, the only assessment of practical skills (work experience) was eliminated.

Consider this: Bill Gates left Harvard before obtaining his degree. He could not qualify for HSMP.

Meanwhile, a 25-year-old highly paid exotic dancer from Las Vegas who happens to hold a bachelor's degree could easily get the new HSMP.

Again, the new HSMP says nothing about skill sets or desired areas of expertise. Simply age, educational level, and earning power.
Tobias1972, you have hit the proverbial nail right on the head - one cannot be highly skilled without experience, and one cannot measure skills solely in terms of money. Well done.
PROUD to be part of the 2008 European Capital of Culture

Vivid
Newly Registered

Post by Vivid » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:24 pm

Tobias1972 wrote:
egoode wrote: I feel sorry for you who may not be able to get an extension but I can see why the Home Office has done this. It does seem unfair for those who already have the visa but all the new applicants will now know what is required and will have to research more throughly how much in demand their skills are.
Well...that's the thing. The new HSMP doesn't measure any particular skills (other than one's skill at being young, finishing any degree, and earning a certain amount of money any legal way possible) and doesn't take any particular shortage areas into consideration. In fact, the only assessment of practical skills (work experience) was eliminated.

HaHa....I agree

very funny rule.

we should go and work as exotic dancers for HSMP extension. :lol:

Newly Registered

Post by 77 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:07 pm

I did not qualify under the previous rule as I was earning £39k and did not score any points for the salary. But hopefully will do now

affected
Newly Registered

Post by affected » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:30 am

hi every body,

I can exactly score 75 point if they accept my graduation.

Dose they accept 3 years BSc from University of Madras, India?

Any have three years graduation from India and got approval from NARIC