ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP (2 yr) + MBA (2 yrs) + HSMP (3 yrs) = ILR?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

abisurd
Newly Registered

HSMP (2 yr) + MBA (2 yrs) + HSMP (3 yrs) = ILR?

Post by abisurd » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:47 am

I tried searching for an answer to this 'hypothetical' question on this forum but did not find one. so please pardon me for asking again.

If I come to UK on HSMP and work for two years, then switch to a student visa, do my MBA for 18 months, get another HSMP via MBA route (or a WP), then work for another two and half years, then can I apply for ILR based on
a. I have a total of 5 years under HSMP/WP (or a combination of both)?
b. I have not left the UK for more than three months at a time.

Assuming the rules for ILR remain as they are today.

I'm also assuming that I can switch from HSMP to Student without leaving the UK, and then from student to HSMP/WP after successfully completing my MBA. Or that even if I need to leave the UK for an EC at either of the above-mentioned states, the gap would not be more than three months.

Thanks

Abisurd

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:44 am

I don't think that'll work, Abisurd.
The switch to the student visa will reset the clock. They are not looking for "a total" of five years on HSMP/WP; they are looking for a single five year period, as the Rules are at the moment...
Sorry
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:50 am

I concur with Paul. A switch to student status which AFAIK wouldn't be possible in country anyway resets the clock counter back to zero for ILR under the HSMP scheme or other applicable employment related categories e.g. innovator/ WP where amalgamation is possible. The clock would continue though for the 10 year ILR category. Get ILR then study to your hearts content is the theme here.