ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Swtich from Student visa to WHM

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

iran
Newly Registered

Swtich from Student visa to WHM

Post by iran » Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:56 pm

Hi,

I'm currently in UK as a student. My visa expires in March 07, Is it possible for me to apply for a WHM visa without going back to my country? I have been here for 3 years as a student, will this be a disadvantage?

Thanks for your help.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:55 am

WHV can only be applied for at an overseas British Diplomatic Post. The visa post will sometimes consider the length of time you have spent in the UK prior to applying for the WHV in the context of ties to your home country given that the WHV is not in a category leading to settlement. IIRC this is usually not an issue and IMHO 3 years is a relatively short time. Depending on the course you are doing it might be more prudent to consider the SEGS or WP schemes.

iran
Newly Registered

Post by iran » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:56 pm

thanks for your advice